Guest viewing is limited

TKR I have a new knee!

Yikes :yikes: Shelly, not a clue! At two weeks I couldn't even get to the store never mind walk or use a riding chair! As a matter of fact I didn't even get out of my PJs unless it was absolutely necessary. They know not what they speak of until they have walked in your shoes!
 
Hi Shelly,
You're right, he doesn't get it. Why don't you tell him that sounds like a FABULOUS plan after you have recovered. Also tell him, what I have to say quite often, "I'm just not up to doing the entertaining and cleanup yet, can we figure something out that will be fun for everyone and divide the work?" I know it's not easy, but you have to speak up. You'll be surprised how understanding your family can be. Example: Halloween this year. I always make witches (beef) stew and pumpkin muffins for dinner before trick or treat. I have since my kids were toddlers. That was the plan this year, too. A few days before halloween, I called my DIL and daughter and told them that I just couldn't do it after working all day. Everyone would leave to take the kids and I'd have clean up patrol. I wanted to use whatever energy I had left over to enjoy the kids. They were GREAT! They told me not to worry about a thing, they had it covered. When I got home, the table was set with a throw away plastic tablecloth with lots of halloween paper plates and napkins. On the island were pizzas! It was great. The kids, the grand kids, Papa, the nieces and cousins had pizza before and some after. One the doorbell stopped ringing, we just tossed the boxes and paper in the trash. My son told me this was much better than witches stew. After all these years he told me they really don't like it at all. :rotfl: Just speak up. Everything will be fine and you will work out a wonderful holiday!
 
I did. I told them that i just wasn't able to do that yet and that they could all go to the exhibit and I would meet them at my mom's house for dinner afterwards. She had already told me that she would be happy to handle dinner this year so that was nice. She understands as she had an ankle replacement a few years back. So, I just had to set him straight. :yahoo:
 
Good job Shelly and Jacky! That's hilarious about the witches stew! Shelly I can't believe you are doing so much and going back to work so soon after this operation. I just cancelled my doctor appt for 4 weeks. Hurt too bad, it's a 35 mile drive in LA traffic. At 2 weeks I wasn't do anything but my therapy.
 
I am determined not to let this keep me down. I am annoyed that my knee won't bend as much as I want it to but I am trying hard to have a strong recovery. It is not as quick as I had hoped but I have realized that I have to allow it to recover as it needs to. I will try to do things that I can and the things that I cannot do, I will work on it until I can. If I don't keep this attitude, I will just give up so I know that I must keep this way. I can do it!:yes!:
 
Shelly I can't imagine going back to work that soon! I certainly can't imagine someone wanting you to fix Thanksgiving dinner. I do good to feed my birds in the morning and then fix my coffee and scramble an egg. By that time I am exhausted. People really don't get it!
 
Nyland, cute shoes, now how would getting a new knee make you not have to wear orthotics anymore?
 
I had my 4 month appointment with my OS today. He called my knee remarkable. He said it was strong. My bend was 125 and he thought my extension was perfect.

Debbie, I needed a good supportive shoe because I was so unsteady. Now I am only HALF unsteady! I took my chances today, to feel like a woman. I still feel safer in my sturdy shoes, but every now and then, I know I can get away with normal shoes.

Thanks, Jess! How are you feeling?
 
Thank you new knee for allowing me to have such special days of picture taking with my 2 loves! Very special times and memories!


[Bonesmart.org] I have a new knee!
 
Nyland, if you normally wear orthotics, go to FootSmart.com and then to women's shoes and then type in removable insoles and you will find lots of nice looking shoes that you can take out their insoles and put in your orthotics. Let me see if I can show you the boots I just got and I got them in a wide so for sure my orthotics would fit in. I wouldn't wear them shopping all day, but wore them for an event and they were great.

[Bonesmart.org] I have a new knee!
 
Nyland I didn't realize your avatar pic was a grandchild. I thought it was a little model photo! They are both darling!!!! Have fun over the holidays with your cuties!
 
Those are the cutest pictures ever. What adorable grandchildren you have. I like Marianne thought they were model pictures you put up. You must be very proud.:happydance:
 
Debbie, I love your shoes. I will definitely look. I'm not steady enough for heels yet, but I bet they have some cute flat shoes, too. Thanks for the tip!
Thanks Patricia and Marianne. My 4 year old is sleeping over tonight. We made cookies, decorated her play room with Christmas stickers, and are now watching Fairy movies. Papa and i love them sooooooooooooo much!!!!!
 
Nyland that sounds so wonderful!! I can't wait for a g-baby! And that is exactly what I would be doing with mine if I had one! I started buying books, even get them autographed by the authors, and Disney DVD's for my grandchildren but alas...none in the near future. There is a possible g-puppy in the future and I will take what I can get at this point! What kind of cookies do they like? Do you decorate fancy cookies or stick with choc chip?
 
We started making our cookies for the neighbors. We made cranberry raisin, oatmeal raisin pecan, and peanut butter kisses. Next week we will make gingerbread men (You should SEE the wonderful icing job she does on the gingerbread men! Gobs and gobs and then sprinkles galore. It takes me hours to vac up the sprinkles, but it is so much fun and so worth it!) and fudge. We make nice yummy gifts for our neighbors every year and she loves to deliver! Oh, then we made the pillsbury princess Cinderella slipper cookies and she and Papa had them for a before bedtime snack.
I hope you are blessed with grandchildren someday. What a joyful blessing they are!
 
So much fun Nyland! How did your knee hold up? You are almost 4 months out so it's very encouraging for us to hear about your spending so much time in the kitchen.
 
Marianne, I am exactly two months ahead of you and even though I don't have the best bend in the world, the pain and swelling do get better. Like Friday I was on my feet all day and then it swelled a little and was stiff. But day to day life is really not too bad now. I do like to take my occasional :snork: BoneSmart and Face Book break so then I still like to elevate my knee then. Be patient, haven't you heard that before and it will come.
 
Back
Top Bottom