Guest viewing is limited

TKR I have a new knee!

So, my extraction and bone graft will be done in the morning of 11/1. After I am all stitched up, the surgeon will proceed to do the lateral sinus lift with bongraft. Here is how the person who just called with the appointment described the appointment:

1. Extraction, bone graft stitches.
2 The surgeon will cut a hole the size of about a nickel on the side of the gum. (I swear there isn't that much room on the gum!) He will then gently tap the membrane, insert a mesh barrier, fill in with bone graft, and then stitch it up.

I asked what would happen if the membrane perforated. She said that we hope that doesn't happen because then the membrane will have to heal all on it's own, and then the lift would be done after it is healed.

The endodentist said that the infection is still active. I'm so nervous that it will go into my sinus ad then to my brain! When I asked him about extending the time on the antibiotics, he told me that the 10 days was enough, but it takes the body 12-18 months to work the infection out of the body. I NEVER heard that. I guess he knows about dental infections, but we kill other infections with antibiotics faster than that, right? I'm going to have to email my friend Mirya. She is an ID doc. I just need to understand all of this infection stuff better.

Yes, soft foods. Did you know that chocolate can be a soft food? :rotfl: Yes, I'm now an expert of melting a hershey kiss on my tongue. No chewing involved. Maybe I should join the circus!

Thanks for caring!
 
so scary Nyland I hope everything goes ok for you. Yes, chocolate can melt in your mouth and ice cream goes really well with that too, that will slide down your throat without chewing. Just don't use a straw, sucking would be really bad.
 
Thanks, Debbie. You all are so wonderful and supportive! I guess after all is healed, I'll read a post about someone going through a similar situation and I can tell them not to worry too much, that everything will work out.
 
(((Nyland))) Best wishes for the 1st.
 
Hi everyone.
1. To all of my UK friends, enjoy our American Football teams. Of course i am a Patriots fan, but always respect everyone else's favorite team. Pia Toscano did a beautiful job with the American Anthem! I got goosebumps!
2. May God bless and keep safe everyone in the path of this scary, ferocious storm.
 
Nyland - how's the weather in your neck of the woods?
 
Hi Tracey,
It is windy and heavy rain. We lost our power twice. Just got it back on to hear on the news that more is coming. I went to work today, and had to find one of my doc friends and have him help me to my car. The gusts were scary and I was so afraid to fall. My parents live on Cape Cod, right on the ocean! I begged them to come here, but of course they wouldn't. So, now I am a worried wreck bout them. hey have no power. I just got a text message from my mom saying that the winds are scaring her. That is NOT like her, so I called. She said they are in bed and are very anxious. The water from the ocean is getting very close, but their house is high enough...I think. I wanted to scold her and tell her that she should have come here for few days like I begged her, but she was a mess and I didn't want to make it worse. My brother's anniversary is coming up and she is in a bad place without being scared in a storm.
Thanks for asking. Hope your knee is feeling good tonight.
 
So sorry to hear about your parents, Nyland. All thoughts are with you, your parents and everyone at this terrible time. It must seem like you are in a nightmare. I am sure your parents will be okay.
 
I hope you and your parents did just fine. I can't imagine trying to sleep through that storm last night! Let us know how things went.
 
Hoping your folks are okay Nyland and hope your recovery with your tooth adventure is getting better everyday. Hugs!
 
Hello all. My parents are A-ok. My mom just isn't one to ever say she is scared or nervous, so when she admitted, I was a wreck. They did fine, barely any damage. Thanks so much. What a great family I have found here.
Gail, Thursday is the day that I finally have this tooth ordeal done and over with. Hey, I loved through total knee replacement, this will be piece of cake! Thanks for caring!
 
Stopping by to say "hi".
And yeah, you made it through a TKR, a tooth, not a problem! :thumb:
 
Nyland, I am so happy to hear that you are okay, and hopefully hubby save the rest of those oatmeal cookies! :heehee: I am also very glad that you parents are okay. As parents we are a strong lot! Our son and daughter-in-law also invited us to go to their place as well since they had power, however we chose not to because we had a lot of memories that we discussed about other power outages we experienced when the kids were young as well as when we were young. Great memories! :thumb: Great bonding times!
 
Oh No!!!!! You know what they say happens after a power outage, Jacky, you might have a baby in nine months now...:whistle:
 
Back
Top Bottom