Guest viewing is limited

TKR I have a new knee!

Hi Debbie!
Yes, I have 2 dental insurances. My husband's and a new great delta plan. The delta plan covers implants 100% and 1 crown per calendar year 100% It also pays 80% for adult braces. 3000. coverage per year, too. This was a great perk for transitioning over to the clinical system. I have to check, but I think that i have to pay the $400. for the bone graft. I did last time because neither my or my husband's plan covered that. Hey, at the rate I'm going, I'll have a full set of implants and won't need dental insurance or a dentist, maybe I'll just need a tool box. :rotfl:
Nanners,
Patience is not my virtue, either. Brighter days are in your future, though, I promise! It is interesting that you made the crowns/bad teeth connection because i have lupus. Hmmmmmm, I wonder if that is why? Thank goodness it is just my back teeth. (knock on wood!!) If you look at me, you'd think I had great teeth. People comment on my beautiful teeth all the time. Lord, if I opened wide they would be horrified. A filling in every back tooth, root canals, crowns...:hairpulling:
 
Nyland, I think that the meds I have had to use (lots of steroids) and the disease itself was the cause. I know many Crohnies and most have bad teeth too. So I would think the disease plays a big part. Hugs!
 
Nyland,
Other than the tooth, that's such a great report. Best of all, you sound so upbeat. :) Hoping I get there soon, too!
 
Nyland, I don't know how I lost track of your post, But I do like the you squashed that bubble like a bug! Whimp, you are not my dear! Man when it rains it pours, and now you have to worry about that dang tooth!

You are making great progress with that beautiful new knee of yours!:thumb: Isn't it great when things start to feel better! It's like, WOW that's what I'm talk'n about!:yes:

Stay well and stay positive my friend!:friends:
 
Oh you pick me up so much!!!! I am so happy you are doing well...I have had a pretty good day ...You are my inspiration!!!! We are twins ya know........same date,same knee.....Hope you get some more of that good sleep tonight !!!!!! :angel:
 
Jebsw,
You are 3 weeks behind me. Looking back, those teeny tiny baby steps forward are difficult to notice as they are happening, then one day you realize that things are a whole lot better and you feel like yourself. It will happen, my friend. I can't wait to read you post when it does!
Jacky,
I know, it is hard to follow the posts, isn't it? It happens to me all the time. That's why I sometimes ask people how they are doing when I see them in another thread. So, I get it. It doesn't mean we are thinking and caring about our friends, it just means the thread has gone under our radar. I'm not too concerned about the tooth now that I'm on the antibiotics. Once I exchange it for an implant, I won't have to worry about it and it won't every have an ugly silver filling in it. :heehee: It sure is great when things start to turn around and it absolutely is a momentous WOW moment!
Karen,
My surgery twin! You have so much on your plate right now. Once you can relax and concentrate on your healing, and alleviate some of your stress I know things will look up. You've been taking care of people while you are recovering. I hope that you and your hubby will be able to sit back, but your fit up and enjoy recovering together. Bless your sweet heart.
 
I went to the Oral Surgeon today. I really, really like him. His wife had BTKR. He did my extraction and bone graft on the failed (6 months mind you!) root canal, before my RTKR. He told me that the bone and gum are in great shape and if i were his wife, he'd tell her to definitely have the root canal. So, I'm scheduled to have a root canal on Friday.
My knee is still doing fine. No pain. I do get tightness and do ice and elevate every day. My PT says I have too tight hamstrings. He said once we loosen them, my extension will improve.
No pain during sleep time last night. Actually, none all week.
 
Good luck on Friday Nyland, my you are having a time of it! You will get through this and you will win the battle!

Stay well, stay positive and stay strong my friend! :friends: Let us know how things work out.
 
Thank you, jacky. It's just an inconvenience, though. Nanners mentioned the prednisone that we had to take for our fun diseases. I think that she may be right. I bet the prednisone ruined my teeth. Thank goodness the ones you can see have not (yet) been affected. When I found serrapeptase, I stopped all prednisone and steroid inhalers, so maybe this will be the end of the inconveniences. :thumb:
 
Last Thursday I noticed the bubble on my gum. I went to the dentist on Friday. he put me on
amoxicillin. I was supposed to have the root canal today. i took the 2000 mg of amoxicillin 2hours before my appointment. The endodentist did a radiographic trace to se where the infection was, where it began and ended. It turns out that the amoxicillin didn't help. I have a raging, active infection in the tooth, the root and in the sinus. He put me on clindamycin and metronidazole and the root canal will be on Tuesday. he said there was no way he should open that up until the infection was cleared. he also said that that he only hopes he can do the root canal. I could end up losing the tooth, but he hopes not because the sinus is so low that it is right at the root. If I have to have an extraction, I will need a sinus lift that is can be complicated and even dangerous. Great, just great! I have had 4 rounds of antibiotics for a UTI after surgery and now this. I have never had infections and antibiotics like this before my surgery. Go figure! Now it is dangerous and I have them. What a day.

 
Oh Nyland, you certainly had a very rough day! :console2: I hope everything turns out okay on Tue. for you, because you've been through enough already! Please try and stay as positive as you can for the best outcome! Life is not fair sometimes, however you will beat this! :thumb:

Stay strong my friend and let us know how thing go! :friends:
 
Thanks, Jacky. I'm eating yogurt (clindamycin is famous for causing c-diff) and will take lots of probiotics after my 10 day cycle. I just want to get rid of the infection so it stays away from my knee. I have a good feeling about the root canal. Can you even believe anyone would ever say good feeling about a root canal? If it doesn't work out that way, my sinuses (and boobs) need a lift! Thanks, again!
 
Oy! That's sounds nasty, painful, unpleasant ... and lots more besides! Hope the antibiotics sort it out soon so you can get it fixed .....
 
Thanks, Josephine. It sure does sound nasty. Ick! No pain in the tooth and no side effects (fingers crossed) so far from the antibiotics. Hopefully, Tuesday will be the end of it with a root canal and crown. :angel:
 
Thanks, Karen!

I'm fine now, we will see on Tuesday. My son had a show tonight so we took my grand-daughter and daughter in law out for sushi. She's 4 and LOVES California Roll. When she opened her fortune cookie she told us that it said, "I love my Nana and Papa all the way to Ursa Major, around the Moon to Ursa Minor around the entire galaxy and back..... and thank you for the fun date night!" How can I be anything but fantastic with that little darling on my side?

How are you doing? I wish that I lived closer so that I could help you out with rides. How's your husband?

Sending you a big HUG!
 
Oh how sweet !!!!! Our grandchildren are so precious...I am doing pretty good..I see alot of
Improvement...plus, I am weaning off my percocet as it makes me feel bad and the doc thinks it makes me
Depressed..hE told me to stop it....pray it works out ok.
Hubbie is doing well. His eye surgery will be this Thursday 25th..everything ia on the 25th!!!!
THAT WHAT DOESN't KILL US MAKES US STRONGER !!!!!!!!!
Have a blessed day....... :)
 
Back
Top Bottom