Guest viewing is limited

TKR I have a new knee!

Looking forward to getting off of the roller coaster. What happened to my nice sleep? Maybe tonight?
 
Great sleep update.:happydance: or:sleep:
 
Slept last night. Cleaned out one big bureau and half of the master closet....some to the trash, most to good will. One bureau and the other half of the closet to go. Now I am icing and elevating. It feels good to get some of the things done that I have wanted to do. I have a few projects like this still to do, but just a bit at a time. I'd say that this means I'm getting my life back. Work, chores (in little bits), shopping (in little bits).
 
I finally did it. I was sick of waking up with my leg last night and at about 1 AM I took a pain pill. I usually won't because I want to be able to take one when I get home from a long day of work, but last night I just had to and it was soooooo worth it. 4 left. Tuesday I am at work until after 9. I have to make sure I have one for Tuesday. i HATE that my surgeon is a jerk about pain medication! I have never taken pain meds before. 30 Percoset is lasting 30 days. I'm not addicted, nor have I ever been addicted to anything. I'm mad!
 
Thank you for that! You made me smile. I'm sooooooo much better, too. Things are going well. My knee and I are getting along great, we just need so relief when we get home from work. My old knee, on the other hand.......wow, does it need to be replaced!
 
Update: I think that I have turned another corner. During the day I feel great. Some stiffness still, but that is getting better, too. Slept better last night, so even bedtime is looking brighter. Yes, doing A-ok.
 
Sounds like things are getting better, besides the jerk of a surgeon. I feel lucky that I have a surgeon who doesn't feel like that and that I also have a general practitioner that will give me refills if needed (that's probably cause the first time I ever saw her she asked if I needed any pain meds and even though I was barely walking I told her no).

So when is the 2nd one getting done? :heehee:
 
Update: I think that I have turned another corner. During the day I feel great. Some stiffness still, but that is getting better, too. Slept better last night, so even bedtime is looking brighter. Yes, doing A-ok.
:thumb:
 
Michael!!! How are you doing? I've been wondering about you! After all of my complaining, you know what? I turned the corner where I don't even need any pain medication. I'm pretty much back to normal with stiffness after a long day. Ice is my friend. I ice and elevate and am good to go.
I'm definitely going to get my left knee done, but I'm going to plan better. I don't want to miss any summer this time. I love summer and felt gypped that I lost out on half of it. We'll see, I also want to wait until all the stiffness in my right knee goes away.
 
So..........Thursday night I noticed a bubble on my gum..........way in back where I had my wisdom tooth extracted many years ago. Nothing hurt, so, .........TMI WARNING.........I squished it like a bug. Got rid of it. I called my dentist on Friday morning. He took an x-ray and said that there was an infection in the last molar. I have a filling and crown on that tooth. he tapped and probed, but nothing hurt one bit. I wouldn't have even had a clue there was something going on if I hadn't felt that bubble. He put me on antibiotics and told me that I only had 2 choices, a root canal or extraction. In June, before my TKR surgery, I had a root canal (that had only been done a few months earlier) go bad. I had to have the tooth extracted, have a bone graft to be ready for my eventual implant. I decided that if that is going to happen anyway, I'm going right to that option and skip the root canal.
I'm going to be some sort of a bionic woman once I get my left knee replaced and these 2 implants.
You know, everything was going great until I turned 50.......then I started to need new parts. :loll:My mom told me that that I'd have new parts for the next 50.

Something happened to me during this recovery.....something good. I've turned into a tough cookie! I used to be such a wimp and now I say, "Bring it on!"

My knee feels good, and most of the time NORMAL. I don't even need a tylenol during the day. My left knee is still the same old thorn in my side, but walking is easier with one knee that doesn't hurt. I've noticed that i do more enjoyable things now that I have one knee that can walk.

6 weeks ago I would have never thought that i'd be posting that my knee is normal and feels fine. I hope that gives some of my friends here still struggling some hope that it does get better.
 
Nyland, all I can hear is "ca-ching" when talking about dental work. Do you have dental insurance? Knock on wood, but my teeth are pretty good. Had a few crowns awhile ago, but nothing else, not even cavities for years. Now Dave he needs lots of work and when we go to AZ in the winter, he started going to a boarder town in Mexico on the recommendation of several of our AZ friends and seeing a dentist there. You have to pay cash, but their crowns are about a fourth of what they cost up here in WI and everyone he talked to had great results down there. They don't have the fancy dental offices down there, but the work seems to last.
 
Yeah Nyland!!! Sorry about the teeth, but so happy that things are going better for you. I know I will eventually get there too, but patience is not a virtue of mine:) LOL
 
Debbie I have a mexican dentist too! Love him! Because of my Crohns Disease my teeth were really bad, because of the great dentist I have crowns on all but one tooth! So I am good now!
 
Nanners, what US city do you cross at to go to Mexico to the dentist? Dave goes by Yuma, AZ
 
Thru the San Diego/Mexico border. My dentist is in Tijuana (Playas de Tijuana) . Its about 10 minutes from the border. This dentist accepted my insurance, and only took what the insurance paid, I never had to pay the patient portion. Saved us lots of money. He has a billing office in San Diego. He used to have a practice in San Diego, but he said it was just too big business for him. So he has lots of Americans travel to see him.
 
Back
Top Bottom