Guest viewing is limited

TKR I have a new knee!

So....yesterday was a surprise. Remember that corner that I claimed to have turned the day before? Yesterday was absolutely awful. I ached all day. So, much so, I cried at the drop of a hat. When I finally got home, I iced, elevated and took my one per day pain pill and finally had relief.
Today will be a better day!
 
Aaah sorry to hear you didn't have such a good day yesterday, Nyland. Yes, today will be better for you, I'm sure :flwrysmile:
 
By the way, we brought my new recliner office chair to my office tonight. It is comfy, but it is also awkward to elevate the foot rest. Once I got it up, I couldn't for the life of me get it down. I had to straddle the footrest and haul myself out. A sight for sore eyes...in a dress, no less! My husband had no problem. I hope that i don't get killed. Maybe I just need to practice. Fingers crossed.
 
Nyland, you be careful getting out of that office recliner chair. I know some recliners are hard to put down. Does it have a lever, or do you use the arm rests and push one the leg part to make it go down?
 
Thanks, Debbie! It reclines just fine, but the foot rest is difficult. You have to reach between your legs and pull the footrest up. I don't have too much of a problem with that, but I couldn't get it to click down. I guess I'm not strong enough. It is a typical office chair, with wheels. I got it to elevate.....it's tricky. I already make sure that my chair is against the wall when i sit...just in case it moves. Oh well.......figures......
 
Oh brother! I seem to remember being stuck like that in my settee recliner when there was a power outage. Luckily I live alone ......
 
Good news! Not only was I able to operate the chair with no mishaps, today was a really GREAT day! My knee was much less stiff when i walked. So happy!
 
Thanks, Kathy. I was in quite a funk during weeks 3, 4 and even 5. It feels so good to feel like myself. That's why i suggested that you get out for a few minutes when you can. It was one thing that helped me feel more human and less down. It gets better, honey. I'm living proof. :console2:
 
UPDATE - 9.5 weeks: I can feel my knee device and I don't like it one bit. I went to PT today and told the therapist that I could feel my knee and I feels very strange. He said that it is because the swelling is finally less. He said that it will take days, weeks, months for my body to adjust and for the knee to feel like it is my own. I thought that i was prepared for everything by reading so many recovery stories, but this surprised me.
Sleeping is still a problem. I still wake up every hour from pain, even after taking ambien. It's more of an inconvenience than a problem. If I get up and walk a bit, the pains goes away 100%, until I wake up in another hour. This is for the birds. I can't wait until this goes away.
Still, more good days than bad. It's funny that after a few great days, a bad day really surprises me. Even the bad days aren't really all that bad lately, again, just more of an inconvenience.
 
Nyland, nice update! You're on the verge of some big changes and all for the best! I remember being at your stage and thought, awe come on stop playing with my head, two days good one day bad. Then before you know it it's two weeks good one week bad! This certainly is a roller coaster ride for sure! I remember reading this message earlier on written by many wise, experienced people and I took it in, but not knowing since I don't like roller coaster ride much, yucky feeling, I now can honestly say (oh yeah, now I understand!) and I don't like either! Yucky feeling! However, lucky for us, it does get better it's just a darn waiting game!

I wish you more good days than bad my friend! :friends:
 
You are always so wise, Jacky. I'm with you, never liked roller coasters.
How are you feeling, sweetie? Tough day for you. HUGS!!!!
 
Wise, thank you, but I think everyone who experiences many challenges in their lives is oh wise one and I am sure you my dear are in that line of wise people. What we experience makes us wise and when we're wise we share so we can help others understand what they are dealing with and help them deal with their challenges. It's a win, win!

This day was a challenge for me for sure, because I had less stress when I got my new knees, than what I did today for the simple that I was not as we'll prepared. Oh sure I researched it, but I did not ask enough question to my OS. I will not make that same mistake on my next new experience. And I know there will be more, part of life. I just hope not many more, like all of us!

Stay well and stay positive my friend! :friends:
 
Sending hugs to both of you from the 'hippies' .. I think you have far more to go through recovering from a TKR than a THR...

u r very brave and I love the sense of humor you have :)
 
Hi Poppet,
Thank you for visiting us! Thank you for the support and kind words. ~ Y'all come back now, ya hear? ~
 
****YAY!!!!!**** I am so excited to update that I slept all night last night! I slept like a log. No pain every hour. Today is 10 weeks! YAY! Sleep is awesome!
 
[Bonesmart.org] I have a new knee!
THERE IS NOTHING LIKE A GOOD NIGHT'S SLEEP!!!!! Wishing you many, many more of these---they are wonderful.
 
Back
Top Bottom