Guest viewing is limited

TKR I did it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'll get there. You're going to love riding without knee pain.
 
Week 4 today!!
Can't believe it has been a month since surgery. It has gone quick. I still have to use my crutch to walk. My OS wants me to keep using it cos of the fracture along with my surgery.
I look forward to driving. I have to have rides everywhere I go. Drives me crazy!! I haven't been able to go to church yet. Hard to sit on the chairs in some places. So I'm going to give it another week and see what happens.
We are doing a major Reno at the house. I hate renovations! New have been working on this long before surgery and still working on it. With my knee I can't do anything but watch.
Been to the barn to be with my bourse. All I can do is love in him I want to do more but I have to curb myself so that I don't do anything stupid.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
5 weeks and 3 days now. I have to say that it has been an up and down recovery.
No pain meds except for at night I take a dose because the pain is worse then. During the day I'm not to bad.
As for pt I'm not to happy with. I go 3 days a week. Do my exercises and yes it's uncomfortable and the stretching out has not been pleasant but today was horrible. The pain was the worst that they have ever done to me. My ROM has been 105 or so. But a painful one. While he was stretching me I told him to stop cis of the pain. Nope I got stretched 2 more times. I see the dr tomorrow and will talk to them. When I don't want to ever go again due to the pain that is happening then I need to talk it out with my OS. Probably find
a new place to go. This hurt so bad I wanted to go home and cry. That's just not right.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I'm so sorry, Appaloosa Girl, you told him and he didn't stop.

Awful.
 
Thank you @Jane B.
I think him not stopping is what was the worst part of it. When someone says stop then you stop. I look forward to talking to my OS and see what he says.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I'm now 6 weeks. It is now to the point where I am feeling so much better. I have more energy to do things around the house. I also don't feel exhausted after pt.
I still have some pain. Night time is still the worst. I only take 2 oxycodones then. I sleep pretty good doing that.
Pt has been the challenge for me. They listen now when I say stop. Very thankful for that. I didn't want to go there anymore. But I did and I'm ok with it now.
I go to the barn all the time to be with my horse. My OS doesn't want me to do anything heavy. So I go and spoil him. I plan on working him some this weekend. Nothing strenuous but to help him keep his manners and respect. With the weather change they are all high In energy. So he will be working some.
Hope you all have a great weekend!!
Dana


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
You're doing well. I'm glad the PTs are working out now. How was our weekend?
 
Hi @kneeper
The weekend was good. Went to the barn on Saturday and messed with my horse. That felt wonderful. Sunday we worked on the house.
I find that I'm starting to feel stronger and so I sort of over did it with exercising. Felt wonderful at the time but now I'm paying the price.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hopefully you took it easy on yourself today after your ODIC audition. :) But it does feel great to do normal stuff.
 
@kneeper
I did take it easier today at pt. I was sore today. So I need to take it easier on myself while exercising. Live and learn.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I am now 12 weeks out. Hard to believe how fast the time has gone. My knee is doing great too!! Mainly soft tissue pain and cramping. I take one hydrocodone at night but ready to stop taking them.
I'm doing more and more each day. Back to my usual exercise routine and doing my pt exercises too. I have 2 more weeks of pt and then I'm done unless my OS decides I need more. I'm actually looking forward to being done with it.
I'm messing with different horses at the barn now, not just my own. There are a couple I still need to be careful around. They can be unpredictable.
I do look forward to riding.
Now that winter is here I'm more careful out there walking. We have had ice from the snow melting during the day and then icing up when the sun goes down. I can't wait for the warmer out there.
Merry Christmas to all!!
Dana


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
good to hear you're getting back to your horses! before you know it you'll be :horseriding:
 
Thank you @ kneeper. Soon I hope!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Good luck with your last sessions of PT - I hope you graduate and are done with it. More time for the horses!
 
Hi @Wrangler
My last pt appointment was rough. Not going back. I do all the same exercises that I do there plus my regular workout and I stretch myself. I feel I can do it this way better. Sick of wanting to cry when I leave there. And they are very aggressive also.
I'm now messing with horse and the other ones at the barn and I can walk around without the arthritis pain. I still get the soft tissue pain but not all the time. It's nice. And no limp!! I love it!! So now doing it myself and staying more positive and relaxed!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Your recovery plan sounds perfect! Positive and relaxed is definitely the way to go. Enjoy your time with your horse and the others. I have yet to be out to visit our boy. I am still on my sticks and there's lots of snow and ice. I do get to see him out of my window frolicking in the snow with his buddy. I am hoping to be able to get out and get some photographs one of these days as there's nothing more beautiful than a horse running through the snow.
 
@Wrangler, Glad you can see your boy running in the snow. Love it when all the horses are out there playing and running. We have had very little snow this year. Very unusual for us. I am sure we will get our share before to long.
I went to the barn a week after surgery. Couldn't stand not being there with him. It was in September and nice out. My husband took him to the arena and I was able to love on him. Had to be real careful, but it was worth it.
Won't be long and you will be out there with your horse.
Happy New Year!!!
Dana
 
Yes, it will be nice getting around outside again. Happy New Year! All the best to you and yours.
 
@appaloosa girl - how much longer until you get back on, do you think? It sounds like you've been doing really well. I had hoped to get on before the end of summer but my right knee deteriorated so fast....I'm scheduled for surgery on that at the beginning of February. I just had tendon surgery on my hand about 6 weeks ago - I'd be tempted to get on anyway but I can't close my hand very well yet. Do you think it would be totally lame to let someone lead me around just so I could get my "fix"?
 
Hi @susie09
I'm going to try and get on when it's safe out to ride. Not on my horse but a friends horse that is lazy. I'll get on mine when I know I know that I can handle him. He's a good boy but young. And he punks on me sometimes. He doesn't get away with it but with my knee being only 15 weeks out I'm going to be careful.
There is nothing wrong with getting on and have someone leading you. As we get stronger it'll get easier and easier for us.
Love your picture!!
Dana


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom