Guest viewing is limited

TKR I did it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
:flwrysmile:Hi everyone!! I am now 7 months out. My activity level is way beyond what it was before my tkr. I'm now riding on my horse and it's been great! I do find that if I press hard against him my knee hurts a little so its exercising to get that stronger. I do have to be careful when on him. If I fall I have to go in for an X-ray. Just to make sure the knee is where it's supposed to be.
I am able to walk without a limp. Awesome!! The one thing I do feel is my other knee. Probably because my other one is stronger now that I feel my poor left one more. Not ready for another surgery yet but when it's time I'll do it. Hopefully not to soon. :wink:
Dana :flwrysmile:
 
Hey @appaloosa girl (Dana)! Congrats on the return to riding! Where are the pictures? My right knee deteriorated so fast that I never did make it out for a ride in between surgeries. I'm 12 weeks post-op now on the right and doing great. PT released me a few weeks ago and said I could aim at riding after Memorial Day. I had to promise him a picture too. I can't wait! Is there anything that you're finding particularly challenging?
 
Thank you very much for coming back with that stellar report!!! It is certainly great to read that you have recaptured the joy and the excitement in your life!

By coming back, you have done a great deal of good for others who are now in those "Dark Days of Recovery" or are struggling with issues during their recovery---you have showed them what is in store for them and given them insight as to what's in store for them!

Again-- a great report and thank you so very much!
 
Hey @susie09 im so sorry I haven't replied to your question!!
The only difficulty I'm finding right now is pressing my leg against my horse. It hurts some. I have to take my leg out of the stirrup and try that way. But I will keep trying to strengthen the muscles on my legs and I'm sure it will get easier eventually.
Dana
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom