Guest viewing is limited

THR I am titanium!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks @inthebeginning and @sunsetbiking ( sunset your support has been amazing thank you) We know your here and appreciate that. It's a hard sometimes not to get down or feel envious of others out leading there new lives....but I'm always so glad of the success. I try to stay positive even though I've lost my job and life is in limbo....there are so many others worse off than me

I really feel for @calikat I know I have a very long road ahead but at least I know I have an infection and am on the right path, however long and painful to seeing some results whereas Kat has no answers and it seems no real support from the medical world...she just has a world of pain and the unknown

Sending hugs as always Kat and saying prayers too

Xxxx
 
@Vetgirl your welcome! I really wish @calikat can gets some answers soon and hopefully be able to start on a road of recovery. I am having issues, nothing as severe as the two of you. I lost a great deal ROM with my LTKR, it went down to 60 degrees, painfully we (PT, myself) got it to 85 degrees. I had a great outcome with my hip, but I did have a pity moment last week, I'm sick of being crippled, which is an over exaggeration, I just would like for my knee to be back to where it was before my hip issues.
One day soon everything will be great with all of us!
Hugs to you Sally, and hugs to you Kat, and sending all the positive thoughts that you get answers soon!!
 
Sending love out to you @sunsetbiking. I am sorry that you are having trouble with your knee. :boohoo:It is all so exhausting.

You know I don't really expect anyone to keep checking in. The successes should move on. I am not a success story and even I have moved on from when I first started this journey. I am tired of talking about my situation publically.

@Vetgirl , and many others I do thank you for your support. I have resigned myself to the fact that this is the way things have turned out.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Just to clarify my above post...It is not that I am not thankful for the support. I am. I am just not in a good place right now.
 
Hi @calikat I so get it. Feel no need to keep us up to date you take care of YOU....I just feel protective of you and I don't like it when someone dismisses how hard it is not to get the outcome you want.....I know you have moved on.....sleep would help....lol

@sunsetbiking so sorry your knee is playing up. In rehab I saw how hard the TKR had it and I know they aim for a much higher ROM and how hard they work for it. Never diminish your own probs...they are important. Do you have a thread I can follow?

Ask to you both for your support
 
@calikat . just wanted to say that you are one of the people I keep in my prayers for a Full recovery. that's all. when the time comes, i'll be happy to read that you've turned the corner.
 
@inthebeginning I get it. I am truly happy for the success stories and sad/disappointed for those of us left behind.
Hi @calicat I know exactly how you feel as it great to read about the success stories on here but I just wish that I was one of them rather than being one of them whose recovery has gone in reverse. We need to to support each other until we get our lives back too !
 
@dickinson @Kim22 @sunsetbiking @Vetgirl @I'm finally gonna do it!! @Hibbe @Peaches @Josephine and all my BoneSmartie friends. I did not mean to be off putting or so negative in my prior posts. I am so thankful for everyone's support. I think the sleep deprivation makes everything so much worse. If I could just get a full nights sleep it would help.

I have another upcoming appointment with my OS, and Medacta (the implant manufacturer) finally got back to me about the components of the titanium alloy used in my hip prosthesis. My allergist/immunologist was not getting a response so he suggested that I contact them also. Hopefully we can now proceed with the testing.

I will post again when I have more info. <3
 
Just to clarify my above post...It is not that I am not thankful for the support. I am. I am just not in a good place right now.
Trust me - we KNOW. We ALL know. There isn't one of us that's not been in that particular mire to one degree or another throughout our recovery. I know I did at least twice.
 
@calikat
I think of you often....no apologies needed....we all understand and feel for you. I'm glad you've got an appt set w your OS. Hope he can provide some resolution. Sending big hugs & blessings! Xo
 
Hi @calikat....as you know we are here for you, praying for you and supporting you good or bad...if you post or don't.

No pressure...good luck with the appts
 
@calikat. You have not been negative or off putting AT ALL. just honest about your current situation honey which we all understand. We all can't wait for the time when you get some positive results and we can share them with you. Waiting.......! Sleep deprivation ....yuck..yuck..yuck....I've been dabbling with meditation as I've never slept well and it does help....@ scubysteve suggested a great app called ' headspace' which is excellent and you can listen to it whilst , 'hopefully' dropping off to sleep. Worth a shot. Take care...Chrissie x


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
I agree with @Hoppy Nanny sleep deprivation makes us a bit loopy

I'm definitely going to try that app
 
Hi @Hoppy Nanny! I love your handle. :) I have no problem falling asleep. The problem is the pain that wakes me up continuously through the night. The longer I lie down, the worse the pain gets. Getting up and walking around a bit is the only thing that provides relief. You know it is funny. I am one of those people who would love to sleep every day until noon if possible. Now I get out of bed around 5:30 am because I cannot take sleeping any more.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom