THR Horsey Girl's Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like you are doing well Bea! You will be so happy to be back in your own bed.

Happy Healing!
 
I am sure it is good to be home Bea, remember the BS mantra.... Meds, elevate and ice and exercises

Lots of love xx
 
well done, I have been following your posts, glad to hear everything went ok. Makes me feel a bit more confident about my upcoming surgery
 
Now I am glad that I did not loose that five pounds prior to surgery so I have a place to put the shot.
:th_heehee: You know, that very same thought occurred to me!
No worries about 'accidentally' getting it into the muscle instead of the fat!
 
Hi everyone.
It is sooo nice to be back home in my own bed and the piece and quiet I have here. My dogs were happy to see me, they are not leaving my side. During the week while my grandson is at college, I will keep only Ricky, my newfoundland mix in the house with me. He is calm.
They sure have been keeping me busy here at home. The nurse will show up twice a week to change bandages or whatever. I also had a lady show up yesterday to help me bath. That toilet seat worked great in the shower :biggrin:. Then a physical therapist guy showed up. He said he will drop by twice a week. Am supposed to hear from an occupational therapy person yet.

I am impressed how many people they are sending out to help me. I never had anyone help me with anything whenever I got hurt before.
Am keeping ice on the incision site. Was told that within a week I should be able to start decreasing the roxycodon. Am sure tired a lot. I take a nap, do my exercises, walk a bit around the house, eat a bit and take a nap again.

But then, it's only been five days.

I hope all of you are doing fine. Have not been able to read to much. My brain gives up on me. All of the January folks will also have this behind you very soon. It is so nice not to have to worry about the operation anymore. :yes 4:

I think it's nap time again.:doggieshmooze:
Bea
 
Sounds like you are right on schedule Bea for 5 days post... And it is wonderful that you have so much support from the different services. Isn't it lovely to have the surgery behind one and just to be concentrating on recovery.. Enjoy your naps :sleep:
 
Bea

Just been catching up with your posts.

Sound to me as if you are doing just fine for 5 - 6 days. Being tired and napping is all part of the recivery process.

Don't overdo things and the recovery will be a smoother journey.
 
Hi Bea,

I agree entirely with what Dave and Sandy are saying, you're doing great.

Major Surgery is very exhausting and rest is vital, when the body is resting it can use all it's energy for regeneration.

Charlie
 
Sounds like you have an excellent support structure Bea! Glad you are home and resting. Very important to nap whenever you need it.

Happy healing!
 
Bea,

Glad to hear you are doing well....and yes, these simple little exercises do seem to take a bunch of energy!

I don't know about you, but I am glad that sweets and treats seem pretty unappealing to me at the moment. I was afraid that they might seem enticing and I do not need those empty calories!

Keep up the good work...

Z
 
So, here I am on day seven. Still sleeping a lot and really watching the pain meds now since I had a scare this morning feeling faint while being alone.

Otherwise everything is going ok, that is what the PT says. They all say that I will need to learn all my limitations now, so I won't do too much once the pain goes away. My body tells me now what I can or can't do.
I am setting my kitchen timer when I walk so I get the time I need in and find out how long is ok for me to walk.
Fixed my sofa in the living room, so I have a place to lie down there instead of only the bedroom. My leg is hardly swollen. My pain level is usually low.
My operated leg feels like someone slammed a very stiff board into it. :hate-shocked:
It also feels so much longer. I read in the library that that is normal.
Well, I better lie down again
Bea:sleep:
 
Hi Bea,

Sorry you had that scare with feeling like you were going to pass out!

You sound well, sleeping and relaxing is a good thing right now it's the best way for your body to heal. Relaxing on the couch sounds great, I never had that opportunity because my couch was so low! Your leg will feel better every day!

Happy healing and be good to yourself!

xxooxx
 
Bea, are you taking any blood thinning medication? I had to taken them for 5 weeks post-op and they really made me dizzy! Finally passed out the last day I was on them.

But saying that - the whole procedure is very hard on your body. Just take things slow and sit down if you are feeling light headed.

Please do keep us updated.
 
Now that you are home do take easy. Please don't overdue it. I was so surprise that you able to write at the hospital. The horse picture is beautiful, is it yours. Hope your pain is in control, and don't let it get out of control. :doggieshmooze::yay:
 
Thank you Tashia, the horse on the picture is my Cody. He is a Mustang from SE Oregon Owyhee mountains. I adopted him when he was a youngster.

To Jacey's question, I give myself a Lavanox blood thinner shot every day for a total of 21 days. so still have many days left.

Tomorrow I have the PT stop by, will ask him about the different leg length, if I can do some different exercises or whatever else. Hope it's just one of those things that will work themselves out.
Thanks everyone. It really helps in reading the different posts. It keeps me from panicking and seeing that most are just normal changes while healing.
Bea:doggieshmooze:
 
Horsey girl....it is common to feel a bit faint in the days following this major surgery. It really whacks your body. It was likely NOT a response to your pain medication, so please don't cut yourself short on pain control. You need good pain management to recovery properly.

You'll gain strength each day. Just be sure you are getting lots and lots of snoozes and rest. That is one of the best things you can do for yourself right now.
 
Glad to see things are working out for you. Time and the drugs take their toil on the body. Think back on the number of things that have happened to you in the last 8 days, a wonder that we are still here. It is getting easier, so hang in there
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom