Guest viewing is limited

THR Horsey Girl's Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't it fantastic Bea, when life starts to return to normal. I am so pleased for you that you are enjoying retirement.
 
Thanks Dorothy, Dee, Jane, Carol, Sandy and Tashia.
Ok, four months out from surgery and I made the 12 k Bloomsday Race yesterday. The weather was just perfect, 60 degrees and sunny. Awesome for racing. Of course, I did not race only wanted to finish this year. Made it in three hours and 23 seconds. Not my fastest time ever, but I did not hurt myself and all went well. Stopped a couple of times to massage my thigh and that was about it. :yes 4: Feeling mostly ok today. I took my cane and a hiking stick so my muscles had help in case they needed it. Next year no cane and faster time again.

So, done that step now. Next plan is to ride my Silver more this week and maybe on Sunday go for my first ride with others. The Sheriff's Posse has always a Mother's Day ride which I may go to. Will have to see how Silver does with his arthritis this week. He is all done with his shots now. Boy are we a pair of sickies. :loll:
Dorothy, the pick up camper I got is a small cabover Alaskan camper 8' long. Sleeps four and has a three way fridge and a sink and stove. My new pick up has the long bed, so I can also haul my horsetrailer at the same time. A 1/2 ton would probably not be strong enough for both together. But then, a friend has a 1/2 ton Doge PU and she had her older 8' camper and hauled her two horse horsetrailer before. It just would be hard on the truck to do it all the time. Depends also over how many hills you need to haul. My old PU was a 88 1ton GMC. In good shape but getting a bit old and the gas mileage was more than high.

MadRocker, it is a small world! My brother lives in Victoria close to the highway not far from Thetis Lake Park. I have not been in Victoria for quite a while. I usually meet me brother in the Osoyoos or Kelowna area. I had a cousin in Kelowna but she passed away a couple of years ago. Her kids still live there though.
I have done some backpacking on the island. Did all and then a couple years later part of the West Coast Trail and also hiked up at Cape Scott. Beautiful areas.
The weather is awesome here. Supposed to be in the 60s most of the week. Have you all seen the big full moon the last couple of days? It is very beautiful.
Take care everyone.
Bea
 
Bea

I am 5 minutes from Thetis Lake Park----Wow!!! Who woulda thought-----

And I have family in Kelowna---

Yikes....What are the lottery #s I think we are on a roll here.:th_heehee:

The moon has been spectacular. It's like a huge bright flashlight in the sky!!!
 
Have to agree ladies, the moon is awesome.... our beach house has a picture window, ceiling to top of bed and the other wall is all glass. The moonlight comes through from that side and tracks across the top of the house and plays and dances all over the bed... it is amazing, I love it... sad that we can't live here permanently until we retire though :(

Bea, I can't believe how well you are doing, you are such an inspiration to us all - thank you :)

Carol, love the new avatar honey... :)
 
Hi everyone.
I have not posted on my threat in such a long time. Did not just want to leave without a word. I have been checking the forum but usually from my phone which is so hard to post from.
I been so busy. This is pretty normal in Spring when everything is growing and the grass needs cutting and the weeds need taken care of. I have five acres of land.
I am finding that I still can not just work physically all day without breaks. Am starting to hurt in my groin and It band areas then. Especially when I do swinging motions like weedeating. So, things take a lot longer to complete right now. I am hoping that this is still part of the healing process.
Have been riding my horse, Silver, every other day depending on weather. Been riding Cody only once a week or so. Am being still very careful and I can not get on or off them without a step yet.
Also when I go down stairs, my thigh is still too weak that I have to hold the railing. Hopefully my daily exercises will strenghten the muscles soon. There is that patience thing again. :biggrin:
I am hiking now with my Thursday hiking group again. My speed is not up to par yet but hopefully will get there soon.
My 18 year old grandson needs open heart surgery this month, so that will take a lot of my time. He has Marfan Syndrom. He graduated form High School yesterday and wants to go to college this fall.
After my grandson's surgery, when I know that he will be ok, I will be driving up to Alaska for five or six weeks. Want to drive all the way to Prudoe Bay on the Dalton Highway. Getting my truck and camper ready for the trip now. A friend and her son and my Newfie dog will join me.
I wish you all good luck and I will keep checking all of your posts as I can.
Will probably be back with my right hip one day. Had a shot in it for the pain but it did not do the trick. Still hurting mostly when I ride, but no pain in my left hip. Hurray, it feels like it was 20 years ago.
Take care everyone and thanks for all the help when I needed it.
You are all so great.
Bea
 
Hi Bea

Great update!

Sorry to hear about your Grandson - I wish him well.

You sound as though younare making fabulous progress to me, I think I am going great guns, just walking around the office, can't even comprehend what you are doing on your property.

I remember you mentioning about your trip to Alaska, sounds good, and so pleased you are back to riding and hiking.. Life is slowly returning to normal for you - wonderful!

Do update, occasionally when you have time. - good luck xx
 
Horsey girl, I do hope you ok and the open surgrey is ok. Keep me posted.:doggieshmooze:Tashia
 
Thanks for the update. Sorry about your grandson, hope all goes well. How wonderful you are too busy with life to post :spin:
Have a wonderful summer. Cathy
 
Horsey girl. Update, How are you doing in the Normal lane. Doesn't it feel great to be able to go back and do some of things you haven't been able to do for some time? Since June I have been taking care of a new knee so back to square one with that. Don't forget us. Do have a ride for me. Haven't been on a horse for years. Miss the freedom it gives you. Be careful and have a good summer. :puppysmooze:Tashia:bicycle1:
 
Hi Bea, So good to hear from you!!!! I've been wondering how you are doing. I'm glad to hear you are riding so much!

Your Alaska trip sounds amazing. I've been watching re-runs of Ice Road Truckers and they run the Dalton a lot. Scary road, but what an experience it will be!

I hope your grandson's surgery goes well. Congratulations on his high school graduation and best of luck with his college endeavors.

Again, so good to hear from you!!!!!

Dorohy
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom