THR Hopefully Hippy Recovery

A Carib Grackle! Great characters and a lot of fun to watch...
 
Lots of sargassum seaweed floating this way. Very smelly stuff when it goes off.
 
Even in in the rain, @SurreyGirl, I am assuming fairly balmy temperatures which take the edge off a bit--even paradise has rain showers to keep the foliage green and lush. Plus, I'm betting it should pass quickly and you'll be back to glorious sunshine. Impressive and deep descent down to the water on those steps! You should definitely be careful, an accident waiting to happen! Glad to read that you are enjoying yourself on this wonderful vacation which the rest of us here on the forum are reading about and picturing ourselves plopped down beside you, cocktail in hand and island breezes softly brushing our bodies. Ah, the good life!
 
And ending all too soon. Wonderful breezy sunny day today. Did the steps again and a longer swim. The staff know me well here so were cheering me on :-)

Had a deep massage and it felt so good. Last year I couldnt even climb onto the table without yelping..

FWP, the four poster bed, romantic as it is, is very high.... quite difficult to climb into. Tempted to do the old dressing gown cord around the leg to lift hippie into bed....

I don’t expect any sympathy from you all ;-)
 
[Bonesmart.org] Hopefully Hippy Recovery
 
Somehow the vision of you hoisting your leg up onto the romantic bed might ruin the mood for hubs :rotfl:
Take in every last drop of sunshine, balmy breezes and the scent of Carribean sea air. It's back to reality.
Thanks for sharing your vacay with us. It's been nice. Safe travels home!
@SurreyGirl
 
I am writing a report re tackling security at the airport. Will update in the next few days :-)
 
@SurreyGirl
I didn't realise that the replacements would set of any alarms. Some years ago, after a car accident, I had plates in my legs. They never set off the alarms and I assumed the replacements would be the same. Look forward to reading your airport security report.
 
Yes thanks for doing this.
I’ll report back on Liverpool, UK and Nice, France.
That’s if the snow allows flights. Liverpool is currently closed. Nice should be interesting as they have very sensitive metal detectors..even an under wired bra sets off a fairly invasive pat down.
 
Yes, they should set off the alarms; I always do without fail. It saves a step if you signal to the security person by patting your hip or saying something. They give me the choice of a pat down or going into their super sci-fi air blower.
 
@Jaycey Is it possible to have a sticky thread where we can post details of airport security proceedures at different airports? For ease it could be organised by country and airport alphabetically. I know that approaching my first airport experience I would find it useful to know what to expect.
 
Sad to hear your vacation is ending soon, @SurreyGirl, as I think many of us having been living vicariously through you with all your postings about sunshine, waves and surf, fun parties and swaying to the music, etc. But, all good things must end and I hope you've stored away a lot of great memories to hold you when you return to winter in the UK and cold and sometimes icy conditions. It's been stunningly nice here in the PNW, so different than the Midwest of the USA, which has temperatures today which are colder than Antarctica! It's supposed to hit 52 degrees today and this hipster is again resolving (despite the fact I've said I was going to do this for the last three days with no action occurring) to get outside in my backyard and pick up tree debris. It's cloudier than yesterday, but still lovely swaths of blue sky to be seen. I am sure your vacation's end will be bittersweet, but enjoy every last second of it.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom