Guest viewing is limited

THR Hopefully Hippy Recovery

Another use of the Leki stick....

My husband used it to encourage a large green grasshopper off the premises. It was walking along the top of a painting and did not want to leave. About 3 inches long. He got it to fly out eventually.

The next day we had friends around for ore dinner drinks. They had just arrived when I noticed the grasshopper on top of the painting again. I could not believe it.

With great bravery my husband picked it up, cupped his hand and bought it over for me to see.

At first I thought it was dead as it was not moving and then it hit me. This one was
Plastic. My rotten husband had tricked me., “You B.....”! I shouted at him forgetting our friends had just arrived..... tbc
 
Hahaha! That's a good one. I hate grasshoppers, they're ugly and they scare me.
Hope you're having a good day. We're freezing in my neck of the woods. Below zero temps.
Enjoy the weekend!
@SurreyGirl
 
I need to find out how to reduce a file to upload a pic taken on my iPhone.
 
Nothing like having the public pool to oneself to practise my water walking!
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Hopefully Hippy Recovery
    2A149192-71CA-4932-847C-BD4D05282FE2.jpeg
    66.5 KB · Views: 157
You would be more than welcome! Switched resorts today and mega upgrade from Birthday Boy so feeling very lucky!
 
@Mojo333 if I tried to do that twice in one day it would kill me.

Poured with rain last night and the sloped path to the restaurant was slippery . Nearly slipped, it was a close call! Next time will throw vanity aside and use a Leki!
 
Oh no, no, no.
No falling...you know the rules!
We've come way too far for that!
Yep, grab your stick, stand tall and smile.
You look so healthy and happy at the pool.
Yay for hip surgery...
 
My little toe and toe next to it on my right foot has been tightly splinted after spraining/ possibly breaking it - but is difficult to walk on. I am sorely tempted to cut the plaster apart and let it go natural but not sure if this is a good idea.

The plaster is so tight it is painful.
 
@SurreyGirl
I'm not sure its a good idea to let it go free either but can't you undo the plaster and put it on slightly less tight?
 
I remember you hurt it but I certainly didn't realize you had hurt it that badly.:sad:
I'm guessing it needs that protection for walking on it?
Bad timing for vacation. Do take care of it.
 
It is so ironic! Every time I practised with steps and walking during recovery I thought of this particular beach and the 92 steps. So pretty annoyed with myself that one seconds carelessness did this! I have a nurse friend here who might give me some advice!
 
Back
Top Bottom