THR Hopefully Hippy Recovery

@Cathippy Don't underestimate the energy drain when back at work and do try to put your feet up and ice when you get home. I "trained" my husband to expect this... It does get better. My main problem is making sure I get up from my desk often enough to stop from stiffening up.

@Layla I know I know! Dryish February is because my husband is not doing this and is insisting on taking me to a posh Italian restaurant around Valentine's day and I think it will be hard to resist half a bottle of Barolo and a campari and soda... but I am intending to make it a mostly dry Feb. My friends across the pond are all doing this and supporting each other and in regular contact with me which helps.

Day 8 and have lost 5 lbs since I got back. Some of this will be water-weight from the flight but hoping some is actually a weight loss. Reckon I am saving 1500 cals a week by not drinking alcohol.

Mojo! I am supporting my husband who is MD for the Sound of Music this week. Apparently a sell out. Because the village is quite "posh" there are 20 different types of wine being served to this audience so I have two challenges:-

1) to resist the wine
2) Not to sing along.... 2) may be directly related to 1) here!

Have a great weekend everyone.. Off to do my daily walk now.. its raining :-(
 
@SurreyGirl
My Feb, and March will be dry after Valentine's Day in prep for my knee op on 19th March. So I will keep tabs on you to see how you are getting on.
It's fantastic that you have lost weight too since being back home. If I am good with my diet and no alcohol I should be able to loose a bit before the op too.
You can't not sing along to the Sound of Music either. Do whatever it takes to let rip :-)
 
1) to resist the wine
2) Not to sing along.... 2) may be directly related to 1) here!
:giggle:
I have a terrible raspy voice and it never stops me...much to my children's chagrin.
I watched Grease with my daughter and her friends...couldn't help myself. I saw the "really, mom?" look.
Hey, they say make a joyful noise...and it filled me with joy.:wink:
 
Last edited:
I am supporting my husband who is MD for the Sound of Music this week.
Well I am in a choir and love a good sing. But Sound of Music is one ear worm I just can not stand! No!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well done on the weight loss @SurreyGirl ! Afraid I am not that good about giving up my wine with dinner.
 
i have a lot more weight to lose but at least its a start... back to work now!
 
Happy Friday, @SurreyGirl
Haha! So it's going to drizzle in February, rather than rain. :martini: Now I get it, lol.
Congrats on the weight loss. I hope you have a great weekend with or without the vino.
 
Reckon I am saving 1500 cals a week by not drinking alcohol.
Gosh you must live in an abstemious village - 1500cals is only 5 glasses (250cl)! Not many people I know drink that little in a week - some drink that on a heavy night.....Mind you that should result in a loss of 2lbs a month on the basis that you need to cut out 3,500 cals to lose a pound. I am going to stick with the elliptical trainer so I can enjoy my wine.
 
Keep up the good work, @SurreyGirl. Five pounds is the first step along the journey, so pat yourself on the back, know you are doing the right thing, and start thinking "lime with sparkling water" or other non or lowcal substitutes for the wine. But definitely cheat on Valentine's Day!
 
I am supporting my husband who is MD for the Sound of Music this week.
A good MD is an AWESOME thing, and I assume an awesome hubsun. Is this a choral presentation or the whole show? What size band/orchestra? Dish the deets for this theater geek!

1500cals is only 5 glasses
Mercy! I am ... gobsmacked. 3 glasses of wine and I'm officially walking a sine wave if not actively staggering in search of a convenient vomitorium. But I'm a cheap date - no judgement implied!!!

"The hills are aliiiiiiive..."
No!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
@Bone-obo it was the full show with lighting, costumes and hubby as MD in a synth that produced everything from music to thunderclaps and abbey bells.

Sadly no band or I would have been on lead fiddle!

I really enjoyed it. The children could all sing in tune and in harmony. The nuns slightly less so and there were some “over actung” nuns that had me in fits of laughter but infuriated the Director.

Maria was fantastic with a very pure voice and when she and the Captain had their first kiss, a little boy in the audience yelled out “Daddy”! Causing everyone including my husband to cry with laughter. The poor actors then had to perform “Something Good” accompanied by my husband crying over the keyboard in full view of the audience.

The village hall production was taking place near the Silent Pool Gin distillery and one of the FOH bought the “MD’s wife” a drink so on Day 8 of Dry February I failed as it would have been churlish to refuse.

“Hermione the Hip” did not like the chairs in the hall and I did have the foresight to bring a cushion and my Leki. She did like the restorative gin and tonic...

A fun evening. Last night tonight, it is 01:57 and the house is freezing as the boiler has packed up and no sign of hubby. One can only assume there is a party somewhere.

So I am wearing my “attractive” airplane sleepsuit and cuddling a hot water bottle and an old teddy!

Night night..
 
Sounds like a fantastic night other than the heat packing in. We have 2 sons who are lighting designers so have been treated to some wonderful theatre over the years and it is a treat indeed. I must agree with you on typical theatre seating though ~ makes for a rather numb bum!
 
Late pub parties can be a prime motivators for casts! Congrats on the show, and especially congrats to your talented spousal unit for doing the show as a one man band!

And now, sleep, little Hermione Hip, and dream of plush theater seats and very short shows.
 
Some funny stuff there, SurreyGirl.
The little boy yelling out reminded me of a similar incident I experienced in Church once.
I'm sure everyone has heard the American spiritual Where You There (When They Crucified My Lord) it's older than dirt, I believe.
Well...after one too many "Where You There's in this rather longish somber song a little boy yells out "NO!"
Out of the mouths of babes, lol:heehee: Everyone laughed, how could you not, I'm sure he had enough and figured
someone answer the darn question already! :rotfl:

Hope you're having a great Sunday!
@SurreyGirl
 
As a teenager, my brother was a wise man in a Christmas play at church, and proceeded to faint smack into Baby Jesus' manger, much to the horror of those watching (although said baby J was a large plastic doll so no harm done). He was known for fainting in church because he was very tall and thin, and sometimes would forget to eat (who does that?!!) so his blood pressure would drop precipitously and he'd keel over. I hope your heating got straightened out, @SurreyGirl, and things warmed up by morning. You and your hubby sound like such talented folks--you both must be in demand as performers. Sounds like a great show!
 
Back
Top Bottom