Guest viewing is limited

THR Hopefully Hippy Recovery

[Bonesmart.org] Hopefully Hippy Recovery [Bonesmart.org] Hopefully Hippy Recovery ] @SurreyGirl These were taken 5 days post hip surgery at our daughter's wedding. They had played Van Morrison's Bright Side Of The Road and dedicated to us. My husband basically held me up like a sack of potatoes and I only really moved from the ribs up :spin:

Before the day, check your shoes! Things may not fit right now.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Great advice! Thanks.... the party starts at 3 so I will have my feet up with icepacks on beforehand in order to get my sandals on. It is the sort of party which will have us barefoot in a while anyway. Everyone is pretty casual.
 
I haven't been able to wear anything other than runners and flip flops since my surgery 5 years ago. Embarrassing as heck for 2 of my kids weddings! Really hoping my feet return to normal after this next surgery!
 
Hey there, @SurreyGirl. Of course you should dance if you feel like it, or at least sway gently to the music. Sounds like you've had a few parties to attend, lucky you, so take advantage of those and enjoy yourself. Even if you are just plopped in a chair for a good chunk of time, sounds like lots of happy people, music, presumably good food and drink, and upbeat music--all good things, recovering hipsters all need this. Quiet day here in my part of the world, but not raining so that's always a plus. I'm heading out in a few hours with friends to IKEA, not that I need anything but always enjoy looking at displays and having those yummy Swedish meatballs for lunch. Cheers!
 
Well I did a lot more than away gently to the music! I did the jive and a bit of salsa. The party was fantastic and I finished the evening by watching the lunar eclipse From a hot tub (blushes).

The party lasted nine hours!

It took me two hours with ice packs and feet up beforehand to get the swelling down in order to get some pretty sandals on. Feet suffering today but hip is fine. I can’t believe the progress over the last month. Very very happy! Apart from my rather sore head today..Solera Rum and I do not mix apparently. .

Cooking for friends tonight. Have not used the Leki for over a week now. Swimming going well and water walking. Thanks to those of you that gave me that advice and I will definitely keep it up...
 
Last edited:
I'm so glad you had such a great evening!:tada:
Great job on taking this recovery journey one step at a time.
Hope all gets better and better, friend.:) :-) (:
 
Well I know my limited on Dancing for time being but could sway my hips naturally and was surprised how it all came back.

Our local friends bought some very fresh fish and we cooked it up with butter, herbs and lime. Delicious...

Bit achy today so feet up and getting the swelling down. The ice packs are a godsend!
 
Salsa, Jive and Hot tubs, oh my.... you Wild Woman! :heehee:
It sounds like you had a great time and you'll never forget "the night we watched the eclipse from the hot tub." I'm happy to read you enjoyed the party.
Wishing you a nice week!
@SurreyGirl
 
I am well aware of that news story. It is the subject of much speculation!
 
@Layla you can add hobiecat sailing to that list now. Just done my first sail in over a year in a strong wind. Took a watersports member with me for security and very stiff getting across the boat but helmed and even raced another boat and won! Sitting here with a Bloody Mary cocktail and very happy.

Only limping because I stubbed my toe last night whilst having a rare quiet night in. There is a moral there somewhere!

Big Swells coming in in the next few days so won’t risk them but So so happy right now I am crying behind my shades. I never thought I would get this far! And owe you all a huge thank you xx
 
Aww, you're crying because you have a grateful heart, SurreyGirl. I relish the memories of those moments of
gratitude and thankfulness in the early days that I was once again able to participate in life without pain holding me back. It's such a great feeling. I'm happy for you and glad you're having fun.
Big hugs and Cheers :cheers:
@SurreyGirl
 
WOW, @SurreyGirl, incredible that you enjoyed/survived a NINE hour party so well--I'm guessing it would have been hard to do that even before hip surgery! Sounds like you're having a wonderful vacation, and understandably enjoying every minute of it! Hurray for you, you deserve it--and congrats on ditching the Leki this past week. Swollen feet are understandable with all that swaying and dancing, but not to have your hip complaining--that's truly reason to celebrate. Keep on partying, and enjoy yourself. Woo, hoo!
 
Back
Top Bottom