Guest viewing is limited

THR Hopefully Hippy Recovery

Great for losing the stick for a bit.
I love to swim, and it was one of my recovery routines about four months out.
I didn't find the frog kick comfortable so left off of it after one attempt.
Water walking and stretching was therapeutic!
 
Last edited:
I suspect that the whip kick if used strongly is not be good for bad knees but unless you are swimming fast you don’t need to power the legs hard and can focus on the arms - or put a float between the legs.
 
Well done on going sticklers!

Re 5-2, I did it soon after it came out and found it easy to lose what I wanted, about 20lbs I think. I thought at the time that it was the easiest regime I’d done ( have done WW and counting calories). I really thought I could live with it forever, going to 6-1 to maintain. But maintaining is the hard bit for me always, and eventually I fell off the wagon and the pounds crept back. I don’t know about you, but there is some sort of switch in my mind, sometimes I can diet and sometimes it’s impossible. Good luck with whatever route you choose. I can feel the difference in my hip even when I pick up a full jug of water, maybe 5 pounds, so it really will help if we can get and keep the excess weight off.
 
I don’t know about you, but there is some sort of switch in my mind, sometimes I can diet and sometimes it’s impossible.
So true! I refer to it as my "diet zen" - when I'm in the right mode, it's easy. I just wish it were my normal mode!

All the best to anybody trying to lose weight - it's a challenge worth accepting, to be sure, but boy howdy, what a struggle!
 
Meanwhile hip a bit achy today and can’t make up my mind whether to ice or apply a hot water bottle to surrounding muscles when I go to bed. The latter option is winning....

I got a nice heating pad, soft fabric on the outside, four settings, covers my whole back. For some reason I haven't been using it on my hips, opting for the ice pillow or nothing. Think I'll do so tonight.
 
Hi everyone.

Ooh walking and gentle swimming going well. Feels strange to be kicking again, I had relied on my arms to pull me through the water for ages.
Walking going well and I am attempting steps and small slopes without my Leki Stick.

Now I have a question. I have been invited to a friends 60th party this weekend and will know a lot of the guests who are very social. There will be dancing. Should I ?
 
Let’s see, 60th, so four years younger than me ... I think you should be good to dance, your friend will be just too young to have grown up with the Twist and just too old to have gotten into Breakdancing. Have fun!
 
:happyfeet:Do have some fun!
You will know if you are overdoing it...as long as you don't overdo it:beer:
:)
Hope your weekend is sweet @SurreyGirl :yes:
 
My friend has snake hips and can Salsa! Most of this group can dance. I will not push it so wil pick my dances carefully. Looking forward to this, apparently the wine list is going to be quite something....

I have another friends party the day before which will be a very a very different sort of occasion.

Like @Cathippy am achy after spending an hour in the pool yesterday water walking and swimming. Legs already feel like they can kick harder.

Ankles keep swelling up and causing me problems. Very annoying.
 
@SurreyGirl Dancing sounds like a must, but just listen to your body :-) I am alternating with heat on quads and hipflexors, ice on incisions. I like the sounds of @Ella61 big heating pad. I have a small one. My ice packs can also be heated in the microwave for a minute and they work well too. Let us know about the parties and how the dancing goes.
The swimming sounds wonderful :-)
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom