THR Hopefully Hippy Recovery

Thanks Cathy. Worth thinking about!

Hermione is behaving herself. And the knee exercises are keeping right knee at Bay. I find if I do the bed exercises for 10 mins prior to getting up it really helps the stiffness. Getting in and out of the bath easier Now with care.

Yesterday I braved a very busy Marks and Spencer’s and put my leki in the trolley and pushed the trolley around. Handed it over to hubby when it got heavy but was amazed at the speed I went! Also very crowded so lots of people in the way and narrow aisles, but I was confident enough not to be scared or let them bother me.
The q for thecash till was a good 10 minutes but the atmosphere in the q wasfriendly and people helped each other.

I could not have achieved this just one month ago...

I was very tired when I got home, it sort of hit me all at once so “assumed the position” for an hour armed with a tasty glass of Muscat de Rivesaultes in my hand and some ice on my hip as it was a bit puffy. Stuffing to make this morning but all prep done bar that. Phew!

5 month anniversary coming up on 26th December.

Hope everyone’s Christmas goes well!
 
@SurreyGirl
Wow, braving the christmas shops is a big step. It must have given you confidence that it was completed without any problems. A glass of wine for the tiredness sounds just the thing -:)

I have red cabbage to do this morning, its nicer once left a day, but the rest of the prep can be done tomorrow.

Hubby is going to make me eggs benedict tomorrow for breakfast with bucks fizz so I am looking forward to that.

Merry Christmas to you
 
Merry Christmas @SurreyGirl
Hope your day is sweet!:tree lights:
 
You too! My sister in law has let me have her very comfortable bed so started typing this in the quiet before everyone else gets up. Last Christmas in the family house as it will be sold shortly so some bittersweet moments.

4pm update. Hubby still cooking Christmas lunch as he started very late. Come upstairs for some peace and quiet!
 
Just finished our lunch. I'm stuffed and hubby wants turkey sandwiches and Christmas cake for tea.
Think it's time for a lie down :-) He is going to wash up.
 
Hey, good morning, @SurreyGirl. Sounds like a good holiday and a bittersweet time as you enjoy the family home for the last time. It's nice that it can be enjoyable and nostalgic for you. I remember the whole process of getting rid of my parents' home as being incredibly depressing and stressful, but there was a whole lot of baggage attached to the place, and none of it good. It's post holiday now, but sounds like you had a good time and perhaps are still off work? Happy five-month anniversary. Keep plugging away--full recovery is in our future although, as I was reminded on December 26, my three month anniversary, it is not yet! Have a good day.
 
Christmas dinner went well thanks. I helped clear up afterwards but went to bed very early that night and slept 10 hours.

Woken up by the sounds of glass bottles being crushed and heavy laundry baskets being wheeled - and the distant thunder of hubbys snoring.... Not fun at 7am and not something I will miss at all. The joys of living next to a hotel! Put the “Raffles” series on Radio 4 on and through my ears and drifted off again.

Helped wash and clear a total of 3x on Boxing Day and had a peaceful few days in Bournemouth afterwards where the weather was kind to us.

SIL left after lunch on Boxing Day and due to lack of rubber gloves in kitchen refrained from doing ANY washing up. Grrrgh! Families....still, at least I had the comfy bed and soothed my washworn hands with Acqua Di Parma cream.....

my lovely Devon friend, Steph, told me she was about to serve up her turkey, left the kitchen door ajar and the turkey was snaffled by her two Boxer dogs. She ended up having veg and gravy and with two incontinent dogs to look after for the rest of the evening...ugh!.

After a 1.5 hour drive back to Surrey, Walked a mile uphill (I checked this on Google maps) from a very crowded shopping centre to my hairdressers with my Leki hiking stick. As an now 5 months out I really need to walk as much as possible with as little aid as possible but hip still puffs up a bit annoyingly! People don’t see the Leki as they do the crutch so the shopping part was not much fun and a bit scary. I decided to give up and so retired into a corner with a Cappucino and a tuna sandwich.

I watched everyone else scurrying about before braving the mile hill. Hip not too bad afterwards so I need to start increasing the distance slowly but surely.

Got to “Harry the Hairdresser”
And was expecting the comments like, “gosh you look well,” or “you are standing so much straighter”.... nope! I got “good grief, look at your hair, it “has” been a long time”.... gee, thanks Harry!

But I now have very glamorous hair much like in my Avatar! This will last about 8 weeks before the “Ghost of Greyness Past” starts to mysteriously sprinkle my hair with the “Silver Frosts of Age”!

Happy 2019 everyone x
 
Thanks @Jaycey .,a bit depressing to think it takes up to a year. I keep expecting to wake up with no issues at all!

Oh well.... patience is a virtue and all that...
 
[Bonesmart.org] Hopefully Hippy Recovery


Is it wrong to love my hairdresser? Grey Gone Girl!!
 
Look at your golden locks glistening in the moonlight, patio light, deck light, whatever that lighting is?
It's Goldilocks! It's pretty, SurreyGirl.
Enjoy the weekend!
@SurreyGirl
 
If they are admiring my hair they won’t see the limp!
 
my lovely Devon friend, Steph, told me she was about to serve up her turkey, left the kitchen door ajar and the turkey was snaffled by her two Boxer dogs. She ended up having veg and gravy and with two incontinent dogs to look after for the rest of the evening...ugh!.
:rotfl:
Sorry Steph...but that IS funny...A Christmas Story for sure...is that movie well known across the pond?
She should've went to a Chinese restaurant and had Peking Duck!

Wishing you a good weekend @SurreyGirl
 
Thanks Mojo! I am tempted to serve her turkey when I invite her round!
 
I agree with everyone, @SurreyGirl, lovely golden locks! Were you a natural blonde before Harry, or have you simply gone light because, what the heck, you can? I struggle with the whole "what to do with my hair?" question. I had dark brown hair, and I have black eyebrows, and as the years went by, I simply slapped on dark brown hair color at home. It's gotten lighter as the years have gone by but I know at some point, given my elderly status, I need to figure out something a little more realistic. I can't go really light as it will look totally weird with my eyebrows but going grey makes me shudder. I am not completely grey, but an ugly salt and pepper shade which isn't even but mostly in the front--back is still mostly dark. Argh...why am I discussing this on a hip forum?! Sorry! Need to finish my coffee first, caffeine clearly hasn't fully kicked in.

Oh, and back to hip stuff: seems like you're continuing to do well, with slightly more comfort but still being sensible and not pushing things. 2019 is going to be the year of FULL recovery, just remember that!
 
Back
Top Bottom