THR Hopefully Hippy Recovery

Thanks both.

Just taking it easy today doing a bit of tidying up, gentle walking and stretching. Back to work tomorrow but seeing a chirodopist and getting nails and feet sorted properly.

I counted the standing up for one hour sampling and spitting out wine as exercise.

Some swelling today so back on the paracetemol for the first time in a while.

@Ginny12 I swallowed nsaids like smarties for three years pre op. Now I think they might not have helped the bone issues although they did help the pain. So sticking to paracetemol or co co codamol if I need something stronger.

I am interested in the nsaid information too.

The most crucial thing for me now is to get the weight down and this will be a priority.

Hope your day is lovely. Typing this in bed at 9:52 so making the most of a lie in. If anything this hip op has forced me to take things easier when I can..

Last edited:
I counted the standing up for one hour sampling and spitting out wine as exercise.
:loll:
Good on you.
I just think that there is evidence that NSAIDS can inhibit bone growth and many overuse them with bad gastrointestinal effects.
The paracetemol (Tylenol) is my go to.
Never touched my OA pain but works well now!

One hour, two?

I could start to look at my holiday clothes today and see what I can get into this year - but still too fat so will give it another 3-4 weeks. Only intend to overdo the eating Xmas day. The rest of the time will be careful..

Friends recommend the cabbage soup diet but if sounds awful...

Jeez...you should've been wrinkled up like a prune.
Be oh so careful..as you have said...getting out with overly relaxed muscles and with your BP thing too...
No falling!:bignono:

but you are not going to stay in the bath for another 3 - 4 weeks eating cabbage soup? Sorry I get easily confused. Enjoy your Sunday.

Last edited:
That was quite a leisurely soak! Glad you made it out of the tub in 1 piece. I feel you on the weight gain. I packed on 15 lb this year due to reduced activity. Unfortunately, I still eat like I'm training for a marathon lol. I'm looking forward to shedding that next year. We can do it!

but you are not going to stay in the bath for another 3 - 4 weeks eating cabbage soup? Sorry I get easily confused. Enjoy your Sunday.

Hmmmm. Excess of Cabbage soup and warm bath. What I am thinking here would probably get me a wigging from the mods....

Just staggered up the Doorstep of Doom with the weekly shopping. Made it. Duvet in the wash. Should now do some cleaning. Shan’t!

THE END....

Hi @SurreyGirl you got in a bath????? I haven't had a bath for over 10 years. Getting in and out was just impossible. The last one I had I used a bath bomb and the bath was just too slippery. I had to empty out the water and I think it took me a good 15 mins to get out, freezing cold!!! No more baths for me. Sounds like heaven though!!!

Thanks! I treat myself to one one a week and it is lovely. Getting in and out is ok if I am really careful and no bath oil allowed. Epsom salts though are great and really relaxing..

Hi SurreyGirl. I’ve just caught up to the end of your story so far - what a time you have had, and how well you have done!

Good evening, @SurreyGirl. Wow, four hours in a tub?!! Wasn't the water distinctly cool by the time you got out? I confess I am not a bath fan, but I only have a fairly standard issue tub in one bathroom and it's not exactly relaxing to sit in it, and certainly couldn't imagine falling asleep! But if you enjoy them, more power to you! It's Monday, so assume you had to hoof it to work today. It was a miserable, rainy day in my neck of the woods, and I'd slept horribly last night so I curled up this afternoon to read an old junky novel on my Kindle, heating pad on and promptly fell asleep. Woke up with a bit of a sore neck from my head having fallen forward, but did feel less tired and grumpy as I hauled myself up to go to the kitchen to make dinner. Husband didn't come home until around 5:00, and I wasn't in the mood for grocery shopping at that point. So, made waffles and bacon, and then virtuously steamed some zucchini as the obligatory veg part of the meal. Hips actually feeling pretty good this evening but, oh, I felt so achy and tired this morning. I'm thinking an early bedtime tonight--yawn. Hope you had a good day--just four more in this last full week before the Big Day, and then don't you have a vacation planned? Who cares about the holidays when a vacation is on the horizon--woo, hoo!

Oh, to have a bath again. I did manage to get in and out when my 3months restrictions were done from the first op but I am back on restrictions again now. Got another 2 months to wait :-(

For those wanting a bath but finding it slippery don't forget to put your rubber mat in. I really find that helps with the grip when getting out.

Horrible wet and windy day here today but I get to go to the Christmas lunch withy spinning group. That is providing I can get into my friends car :)

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HaiPao
Recent bookmarks