THR Hopefully Hippy Recovery

It’s the thing that interests hospital physios. Unless you are seeing one over a period of time it won’t be looked at.
Hydrotherapy pools are usually a bit warmer than swimming pools. You can do special exercises for hips or ones from your current range.
 
Thanks. I am seeing the same physio so I guess she can measure my improvement accurately.
 
Hi there @SurreyGirl !
How is the work/recovery thing going?
Thankfully, the holiday will be giving me a bit of a reprieve and I'm ever in need of one!
Hope you get through the week, and on to the weekend for some R&R:yes:
 
Hi! Typing this very quickly as waiting for someone to turn up for the next session. Late night last night as took 20 people out to dinner and got home at 10:15pm. Frosty today so being very careful with the steep hill.

Coming up to 4 month anniversary on 26th November so will do a proper progress report then. Thanks and have a nice rest xx happy Thanksgiving !
 
Thanks! - Rather achy today so will ice and rest when I get home. One more day of the "hill from hell" and then things calm down a bit.. Very tired but expected that :-)
 
Hang in there, @SurreyGirl! Sounds like you're tired, and overextended. But icing and rest upon your return home sound sensible. I can't imagine taking 20 people out for dinner, I think anyone would be exhausted. Do take care of yourself, and careful walking if it is icy and slippery out there--sounds quite treacherous.
 
It was fun! Got through it and a busy day yesterday and today. Quite achy but not too bad considering. I think that the hilly exercise with care has probably done me good if a bit more than I would have liked...
 
Well done for making it though a busy week. I hope you are able to get some rest and relaxation this weekend. Sounds like you are doing really well!
 
Hope your weekend is relaxing!
You deserve it!
 
Hi :wave:
Wishing you some peace and relaxation after what sounds like a busy week.
No hill climbing for a couple days....yay!:yay:
Hope your weekend is sunny and bright! :SUNsmile:
@SurreyGirl
 
Typing this from bed and relaxing. Hip ok this morning.

. Made the mistake yesterday of carrying two library books I needed to return from the course down the hill from hell. By the time I got to the bottom my hip was really playing up and sore and it was a lesson not to do that!

Getting out of my car was “fun” too. The disabled parking at the top of the hill is at right angles to the slope which meant getting out of the car onto an upward sloping bit of road. As the car seat is very low this took some doing and I had to mainly use the strength in my legs to do it. I don’t need to practise squats anymore as do enough with this.

Anyway no more of this nonsense until Feb so hopefully will have made great strides by then - pun intended!

Have a great weekend everyone x
 
Hi, there @SurreyGirl. Good to read that you're relaxing and taking things easy. Given how tiring and busy your week days are, taking time on the weekends to relax and recover seems very sensible. I had PT this morning, and feeling quite encouraged by her comment that I'm doing well, and probably will be released after a few more sessions. I really like PT (all that positive feedback!) and will be sad in some way to see it end. But, will continue to try to do the home exercises religiously even after I'm done as I know it will help with my whiny left hip. Have a great day!
 
Thanks @Barbaraj went to a gastro pub with hubby and had a delicious fresh seabsss. Then went and did the weekly shop. So tired when I got home I slept from 5pm to 8:30pm. I think I did underestimate how tiring full on f/t work was going to be but ok. Bought some co-codsmol as a backup in case Hip got whiny again. Seeing GP next month about the blood pressure as she has doubled pill dose.

Being very mindful of how much salt I put on things and cutting back.

Hope your weekend is going well.
 
@SurreyGirl Sounds like you have a handle on being back at work full time and driving your car...although challenging at times. Getting out of your car, and on the hill...impressive!!!

So sorry about your blood pressure issues and your hospital visit a few weeks back. Hope BP is improving with the meds and less salt?

Hoping you are relaxing this weekend!
 
Hi there, @SurreyGirl, I hope your weekend is going well, too. It's almost over, only 4:30 as I'm writing this post and already--groan--getting pretty dark out there. My husband strung up Christmas lights on the front of our house so it will look cheerful in the evenings. We're off to trivia tonight and it will be grand to come home to a festively lit house. We've taken first place the last three times we've gone (and folks are beginning to mutter--since our son is the trivia host--that somehow we're cheating--ha!) so who knows what tonight will hold. I've been baking AGAIN today--cut out and decorated holiday cookies--and despite an aching back I did trudge off to the gym for a workout. I am feeling pretty good--back still a bit sore but hips seem to be doing fine.

We went out for dinner, well, really happy hour, with two strong drinks apiece and then a selection of small plates: salad, bruschetta, Persian meat patties, crab cakes--all very tasty. When I got home I polished off the last slice of German chocolate cake I foolishly brought home from Thanksgiving dinner, thankfully only one piece. Your gastro-pub meal sounds delicious, and probably better food choice than ours. With trivia tonight it will be "bar food" which basically means deep fried unless I'm virtuous and only order a salad--as if!
 
Back
Top Bottom