THR Hopefully Hippy Recovery

Hope your weekend has gone well, @SurreyGirl. Glad to hear that you have a fun show to look forward to--always good to be anticipating a happy event on the horizon. Hoping blood pressure pills are working, and hip isn't complaining too much. Cheers!
 
So...you play the violin. Interesting!
Lots of practice time I'd imagine in preparation of a live show.
Hope you thoroughly enjoy it all.
A great week to you!
@SurreyGirl
 
Hi there!
I had a mini cry at home yesterday as was in some pain after the rehearsal and driving but ice and paracetamol sorted it out.

My morning pill is now for blood pressure! The last few days checking showed it A tad high but not too worrying and one or two have been normal.

The dress rehearsal is tonight after a full day’s work so rehearsal 7:30-10:30pm then a 45 minute drive home and up at 6:45am for work tomorrow followed by opening night. So somewhat of a challenge!

The following two weeks I am running courses and walking back and forth to the venue which is on a steep hill. So plenty of exercise. I mustn’t “yomp” up there as will pull the naughty muscle again.

Blood checks and ecg Thursday...I am not too worried as both were fine before the op...

Really hoping to post positive news in my 4-month anniversary...
 
Fingers are firmly crossed for you, @SurreyGirl, that you will get a positive report at your four month anniversary. Now, just get that pesky blood pressure under control and keep pushing on with hip recovery. Sounds like you'll absolutely be getting a workout in the next few weeks with all that walking. Make sure you give yourself time to recover after each of these marathon sessions of walking and performing. Sounds tiring although also what you love doing, and that is ever so important to all of us on the recovery journey---getting back to those things in our lives which bring joy and fulfillment--that's the ticket to success.
 
Sorry for the pain and resulting tears. That's no fun. :console2:
Sounds like you have a few really busy weeks ahead. Hope you can fit in some rest too so you don't get too stressed. Prayers your bloodwork and ecg are both normal on Thursday.
I hope your week is a good one!
@SurreyGirl
 
Will be a long week for you and it's only Tuesday!
Make sure when you do make it home, you rest and relax.
Hope you have a good week!
 
Thanks everyone!

Opening night went very well and it is fun playing a rock musical! As we are at the side of the stage we can see the show, which makes a change, and also see the audience. I knew quite a few people in the audience with whom I had worked with on other shows so all very friendly.

“Blabbermouth Hubby” had told them about my op whilst chatting with them during the interval so many people came up after the show and expressed their concerns. I appreciated their concern but had rather wished he hadn’t said anything.

Daytime Work ok and back in the swing of things - concentration getting better but still getting comments re recovery that are very annoying.

Had a very positive meeting with the lady from Occ Health. She agrees that driving in 5 days a week in stop-start traffic is not helping and is going to recommend flexible hours or working from home one Extra day a week for the next month.
Of course my boss is not keen on this and can overrule OH so it will be interesting to see what happens! OH agreed that my progress was slow but heading in the right direction and pleased that I was off all painkillers. She insisted on walking outside with me and promptly fell in love with my car. She watched how I got in and out of it and was impressed at my ROM. She said that walking without a cane will come gradually but repeated the advice to be limp free first.

She also recommended getting up from my desk and stretching every half hour rather than every hour as now. Hard to do when I am concentrating but I will do this and see if it makes a difference to stiffness levels.

She was concerned when I told her the recent blood pressure story and it is in my notes but not the report, at my request. I don’t need to see her again unless there is a deterioration.

All in all, a good result. Now let’s see if My boss takes any notice!

ECG and blood tests tomorrow. And an Appraisal to write.

Once I get the next few weeks of intense work over will look at taking up swimming again - very gently!

Hope everyone is well and continuing to recover!
 
Just jumped over here from my thread after I read your last response to me! Reading your posts helped me catch up on what's going on with you. If I were having to drive distances every day, I suspect I would struggle as well---I'm great getting in the car, but when I get out after a long drive, I don't feel nearly as agile and healed as I do when I don't have to sit so long! The concerts where you have to both sit, AND be on 100% must be challenging----good for you for getting back into the things you enjoy! Have a great week!
 
@SurreyGirl

I am exhausted just reading all that you do! Wow. I am pleased that the OH was so fair and balanced. As for the comments from your other colleagues re recovery, what is the matter with these people? I know/presume that none is meant with malice but really not helpful or even kind.

Can you think of a stock quick riposte when an unhelpful comment is thoughtlessly sent your way?

I know it is tricky as one does not want to come across as defensive but really it must grate so much to listen to these comments when you are doing the best you possibly can.

What about saying:

'I know you mean well, but by mentioning that my recovery is taking longer just makes me feel that i am doing something wrong, of course i know that couldn't possibly be your intention'.

This may or may not be your style so ignore if not. This way you are just saying how you feel so nobody can object to that.

Hope it is a good day. x
 
Please let us know how your appointment goes.
Great that the show went well.
Sounds like a good time.:happydance:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Hopefully Hippy Recovery
 
One rather large “Big Green Mother from Outer Space”
 
Happy Wednesday!
Glad you had a good time with the show in the midst of all the Recovery mess and BP episode at A&E.
Prayers your test results are good today. Will be thinking of you.
I hope you have a peaceful rest of the week!
@SurreyGirl
 
Sounds like all's going well, if still more slowly than you'd like. But the punishing drive, plus a very busy job and evening activities sounds exhausting. I hope your boss will pay attention to the advice from the occupational health staff, and doesn't make an issue out of it. You're not lazy, you are a hardworking and valued employee, and you'd think your boss would give you some slack. Recovery may be longer than he'd like (and you, too) but it is a temporary medical condition and it will resolve itself with time and patience. Glad to hear the rock musical performance went well, sounds like it was a lot of fun! Cheers.
 
:hi:Hope appointment went well.
Was Not going to say "break a leg" but glad all went well for performance!
 
@SurreyGirl, sounds like you have had a great time with concert, enjoy! :)

Good luck with your medical appointment (hope the BP behaves) and also with the OH vs. Boss on the adaptive work situation. It isn't as if you can speedup the process of healing!
Wishing you a super weekend :flwrysmile:
 
Back
Top Bottom