THR Hopefully Hippy Recovery

[Bonesmart.org] Hopefully Hippy Recovery


Picture as previously discussed. This is me! Taken one year ago so slightly out of date!
 
Well done getting an excursion and work. I’d see about the nose bleeds sooner rather than later. You might need a little treatment. Speaking from experience here. A tip or two. Avoid hot food and drink afterwards go tepid. Avoid bending down. Try sleeping sitting up afterwards.
 
Thanks Apricot. I only had one codeine yesterday morning and one this morning. Am having nothing tonight and will use ice if I need to but, actually better painwise at the moment so will keep up the 1/2 mile walks and not overdo it. The hotel had 22 stairs to the first floor and 14 big steep steps to the restaurant so twice a day that was something.... quite proud of myself.. albeit all on one crutch not unaided. If I get another bleed I will see a GP assuming I can get hold of one!
 
Great photo, @SurreyGirl! Looks like you were all glammed up for some lovely event! And pretty with all the fairy lights surrounding you.
 
@SurreyGirl Lovely photo :SUNsmile:

Wonderful b'day celebration for hubs :) Impressive going up and down all those stairs!

Don't like the sounds of of those nosebleeds....hope they cease and desist pronto.
Hoping you can catch up on life this weekend :flwrysmile:
 
Last edited:
Oh how pretty! So glad you had a lovely 'birthday' break - it sounds wonderful! Can't believe you did so much on only a codeine, fantastic!That must be a good sign? I've never been to Brighton but I'll get there one day.
Be careful with the Omron, mine used to give startlingly high results and when I checked Amazon reviews others had similar problems.
 
Hi pretty lady!
Your husband's birthday celebration sounds splendid...
Sounds like a one year hipversary should be in the works for you there, but definitely with the bath included next time.
I too worry for your nosebleeds..
I had them frequently as a child...not sure why...but remember I had one suddenly at a movie theater and oh my stars...did look like a murder scene.
They were hard to get stopped.
I am so glad you got a change of scenery! You deserve it.
 
After a few bleeds from one nostril over a couple of weeks I ended up going to A&E where it became worse. The nose was packed, an overnight stay, cauterised the next morning. Sent home with antibiotic cream to apply inside. Just saying this to encourage you to check it out as a GP would refer you onwards or tell you to go to A&E. Final tip I was given was to use a sea water spray for nasal irrigation....
 
Hi @SurreyGirl
Nice picture of you and glad you had a good outing with your husband. I like Brighton. It has some interesting places and lovely shops.
I'm glad the codeine is working for you. I found it makes me constipated so just make sure you take some additional fibre/prunes etc.
I'm with the others on the nose bleeds too. If it continues make sure you see your GP
 
Thanks everyone… Working from home today so at least I can keep any nosebleeds "private". Fingers crossed as nothing yet. Yesterday and the day before I had had at least one before 11am. I have not taken any meds today and only the one codeine yesterday morning. Work up a bit stiff and achy but actually not too bad. Weather is cheering up so might take a short walk this afternoon before resuming work.

Maybe this was "meant to be" to get me off the meds and using ice and movement instead.. .I am very tentatively going to try getting in and out of my car this weekend.

@Bionic I love dried figs and they do the trick.

Looking forward to the weekend. Back on full working hours next week and then an Occ Health follow up in two weeks.. As my OH is an ex orthopedic nurse I will certainly ask her to have a look at the hip and have a discussion about what I should expect at this stage.

@Bevlah and @bickypeg @lovesstars Feel free to moan on here. It seems that we are facing similar issues and our ops are all quite close to each other date wise.

Oh drat! Just started raining.. :-(
 
Last edited:
And just realised it is three months since the op. I hope, really hope, I will be able to walk unaided soon. Trying not to get down about it but it is rather frustrating. Poor hubby also finding the slow-going frustrating although he trys not to show it..

But - looking at the positives:-

back to work and coping (just),
pain much less and I know what sets it off, and the bone-on-bone crippling stuff has gone. Thank goodness for that!
everyone on here is lovely and helpful…
and it is soon to be the weekend.

Hurrah! :martini::bath::happydance:
 
Last edited:
Hey, I like your last post, @SurreyGirl! Focusing on what you've been able to accomplish--one heck of a lot--in the last three months, is positive and should, I hope, boost your mood. I think it's easy sometimes to think about how we're not where we'd like to be, and forget about how far we've all actually come, even those whose recoveries are going far more slowly than they'd like. It's Friday here in the PNW, a cold, rainy day. But, your post reminded me to think about how far I've come on this recovery journey, and to look at ahead to the weekend with a couple of "get my butt out of the house" events which will go far to ease boredom and cabin fever which consume me at times. So, here's to the weekend, and hope you're feeling better today.
 
Thanks! That is what I was trying to do - emphasise the positive… Just finished work for today and back to full time next week - and really need to sort out the driving situation.. That is the next progress mark. Oh, and I put on my own SOCKS today!
 
Thanks! That is what I was trying to do - emphasise the positive… Just finished work for today and back to full time next week - and really need to sort out the driving situation.. That is the next progress mark. Oh, and I put on my own SOCKS today!

SOCKS!!!!!!!!!! HURRAY!!!!!!! Xoxoxox


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Evening! Just got back from a lovely curry, waiter saw me coming and got me my favourite cushion. But, a great evening and no pain! Moral of this vignette is to make sure I keep moving next week. It is obvious now that sitting at my computer without regular breaks is going to do more damage than moving and walking...so I will be mindful of that. Have a great weekend everyone...
 
:yay: Sounds like you have a plan
Sweet Dreams tonight! :sleep:
Hope you have a nice weekend!
@SurreyGirl
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom