THR Hopefully Hippy Recovery

Thanks @bickypeg . Once I get hubbys birthday celebration over will probably see my GP. I have never had a steroid injection! It might be that I have to go back on the codeine for a bit but was hoping to drive soon. I am just a bit blue about it but am better generally it is just this continuing frustration . Anyway will put my “cheerful” face on for today!

Re work. I have coped reasonably well with being back and about to enter a very busy period and not much I can do about it. Once I get through that will re-evaluate.

Thanks for your kind words!
 
Mixing you up with @1stSurgery probably because you both make me laugh! Also I'm puddled these days. Yes I'd not heard of steroids used in the UK for hips. Oh I hope they sort you out. xxx
 
On the bright side plateaus seem to arrive and then suddenly without noticing you pass them. The body has its own clock. Unfortunately it acts independent of our will and determination. I made a few leaps forward after 3 months, especially with gait. So will you.
:martini: Enjoy the 3 month anniversary.
 
I had some codeine left and not working today as hubbys birthday so have taken one with some paracetemol an hour ago and hopefully it will make things easier. Off to sunny Brighton shortly...
 
I also had lots of improvement especially I'd say month four was my biggest :yes!: moment.
Try to put any ongoing concerns on the back burner, for as much as you can, and have a great time.:happydance:
 
Sorry you're struggling @SurreyGirl
Josephine is off for several days but should be back early next week, and will get back with you then.
Wishing you comfort in the interim. I hope you and hubs have a nice time celebrating his birthday.
Enjoy the rest of the week! :)
 
Hi @SurreyGirl sorry you are feeling so low. I feel your pain lovey I am there as well. I can actually feel my left hip when I sit down especially on the loo! It's a deep ache inside, across my thigh and bottom, in both legs! I am soooo stiff if I sit down and then get up at least half an hour later. I waddle like a duck and it all hurts. I use a cane outside as my left leg just isn't strong enough yet. I have groin pain and my ROM is pants! My incision is lumpy, sore and numb on both sides. Seriously will it ever end??? I feel I am so much worse than before the ops. Ha ha ha I bet you are glad I dropped by to cheer to up eh? I just feel of you hear of someone the same or worse off it does kinda help? We will get there xxx but you must be enjoying this weather? It's nearly 3.30 l, I took this week off and am sat on my balcony sunbathing blooming ridiculous!
 
Oh, @SurreyGirl, sorry that you're feeling a bit low today, that "two steps forward, one step back" misery so many experience! I used the word "plateau" in a couple of postings this morning, including my own. I feel I've done so great, but the next few months will prove very challenging, I'm sure, as I'm tempted to overdo things and then will inevitably pay the price. I don't have any great advice for you, expect hang in there--have a wonderful birthday celebration today, and try to banish all hip related thoughts for today, and focus on lots of laughter, good chat and, of course, scrumptious birthday food and drink.

Yes, next week will be tough as you return to fulltime, but take some time this week to think about what you can do to make it easier/more manageable--extra chair cushions? Ice chest with ice packs near by? Setting alarms so you get up and walk a bit every hour or so? Making sure you eat and excellent and healthy body fueling breakfast and lunch daily? I am hoping this is just a "bad patch" at the moment, another bump in the road on this wearying hip recovery journey, and things will feel more positive and encouraging shortly. Sending "good hip vibes" and DO have a tasty cocktail before the birthday dinner tonight!
 
Strangely @Bevlah you have cheered me up enormously! I haven't been on here for a while - knew I'd just be moaning and everyone here coming on in leaps and bounds - some literally! At the moment I feel worse than before my operation and more down because of high expectations. People saying it would change my life, and I expected my sister's very rapid recovery. I dread going to bed as I'm still on my back and struggle to get comfy. Awake every couple of hours and hobbling first thing in the morning especially if I stay in bed a while and don't get up immediately. Lower back and both hips hurting this morning and right knee isn't good.Worried about ankle/foot on operated side - despite reassurances from chiropodist I don't like my toes turning blue if I sit for any length of time and I don't like having hot pink feet and calves in bed. Keep googling my odd symptoms but that way lies madness. Depressed by my lack of stamina and only coping with walking short distances though I still do a mile or so around the house. Had a lovely afternoon out with hubby on Wednesday- NT house and a cream tea - but very aware I was disabled as the stairs were hard work, and I was too worn out to look round the garden.I still live for my painkillers and anti inflammatories and generally feel better by the evening but then it's back to bed...
Well as they say: thank you for listening! Off to see GP in a couple of weeks but not sure what I'm saying to him. Not sure he has any power to bring my op forward. He might give me more codeine though I take it rarely as I worry masking the aches too much is not a good thing.
However lots of treats and company this weekend as it's my big boy's 40th! And the youngest's tour is at Bradford next week so I'll see lots of him and he's very cheering.
Photo of me at E Riddlesden hall. People tell me I look well...:shrug:
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Hopefully Hippy Recovery
    20181023_134551.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 138
@Bevlah I'm truly sorry to read that you're still in that much discomfort.
I sincerely hope it's just taking more time but will resolve in the near future.

@SurreyGirl I will look forward to Jo's response to you when she returns.
I hope you had a nice time celebrating hubs birthday, as Mojo said.

@bickypeg You look lovely as does that architecture behind you. I'm sorry you're struggling also and hope the visit with your GP proves productive. You'll have to let us know.

Hugs and happy weekend wishes to you all! :loveshwr: :friends:
 
Hey, @SurreyGirl, I hope yesterday's birthday celebration at a swank hotel with good food and drink was a happy day for you, and you were able to temporarily push hip stuff to the side for awhile. I hope your husband was suitably appreciative of all your plans and entered into the celebration with enthusiasm. Today is another day, and I hope maybe some of yesterday's cheer is holding over for today, making for a less difficult day for you. Cheers, and hang in there.
 
See what happens when I take time out from this forum? My thread gets hip-Napped ! :/)

Ladies you are welcome. I have to publish a photo of ME sometime!

Good news first.

Hubby and I had a super time and the weather was crisp but sunny. Room was gorgeous and food superb. Google “Drakes Hotel Brighton Feature Room” and you will see what I mean. I think hubby enjoyed his birthday treat.

The staff know us there and had put Rose petals around the bath and on the bed. Sadly I decided I was not safe enough to climb into the bath which was a shame as one could sit in it and see fantastic views of the sea and Brighton Pier. The huge walk-in shower was great and the first time I had showered fully standing up in 3 months.

And it was the first time I had shared a bed with hubby for three months. I had earplugs as his epic snoring hasn’t changed!

The bed was lovely and medium soft with goose feather pillows and duvet and lovely cotton sheets. I could have lived in that room!

I managed the stairs to the first floor and down to the basement restaurant and also managed a 45 minute walk around Brighton with one crutch. Very Tired afterwards but no ill affects.

Dinner (for the foodies amongst you) was mushrooms with Cep ketchup and wild mushroom mouse; Duck Breast with mini Duck Cassoulette and duck liver pate on toast. That was enough for me but hubby had a cheese platter so I “helped” with that. Wine was a superb “Gigondas”.... a solid head-banging Red - so I drank lots of water!

the original chef from 3 years ago was back having had treatment for a brain tumour which sort of put my problems in perspective.

Early morning start for the “Drive of Shame” back to the Office.

Re “Hermione the Hesitant Hip”......Tearing burning pain subsiding, naughty muscle still stiff and painful.

Aching quite a bit now following work today due to sorting out stuff for an office move but not too bad considering...

However! 4 nosebleeds in 2 days including within half hour arrival at posh hotel. Very embarrassing as had kissed the Manager, felt a warm rush from my nose and had to dash to the loo fast, crutch in hand and sadly abandoning a birthday celebratory “Brighton Gin with tonic, orange, star anise” (yum).

As a result I took no painkillers the rest of the day so all the walks etc were done on one codeine taken early that morning.

Phew! More work tomorrow and then the weekend!
 
Oh, my goodness--barring those unfortunate nosebleeds and the exhaustion from that pesky hip of yours, it does sound like you had a good time, with great food! Too bad you couldn't enjoy a lovely tub, but a long and steamy shower with lots of nice bath products (a requirement at swank hotels, no?) would also be enjoyable. I, too, on those occasions when I stay in super nice places feel as if I could simply live there fulltime. But, I guess realistically it's better to only enjoy these sorts of experiences occasionally so that when they do come along you really do appreciate them. Good memories, despite the setbacks (which I would choose to label minor so you are able to capture and save just the good stuff in your memory bank) and now it's back to the real world. But, onwards, and shouldn't you get those nosebleeds checked out? That doesn't sound right to me! I've taken mega doses of a blood thinner once, with aspirin, and it didn't cause nosebleeds but I had bruises all over--a woman even confidentially approached me at a party once, and asked me, with a meaningful glance at my cheerfully oblivious husband, "are you okay?" I called the doctor the next day and complained, reduced dosage ensued.
 
Of goodness’s there is a codeword in the uk if one is in a “domestic” situation!

Re the unfortunate nosebleeds. If they continue I will get them checked out. The first one was scary and went on for a long time. Will see how it goes tomorrow.
 
@SurreyGirl have you had your blood pressure taken recently? Nose bleeds can be due to high BP. Maybe the stress of the trip away plus dealing with your own recovery. But please get this checked. I'm worried about you!
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom