THR Hopefully Hippy Recovery

No bridges! Not needed and could be unhelpful!

Hair looking very grey at the top so needs sorting… even Hubby noticed it…
Same here...but just paid for doing dog grooming and have no extra time for anything.
Unless you can take my head with you?
Hope tomorrow is a good good day!:yahoo:

Ugh! Woke up 15 mins ago with nasty pain. Slept on non op side and think I crossed and stretched hippie leg over too far so buttock moaning at me again. A few knee raises and walking for 10 minutes convinced me I was ok and much better now but awake. Taxi coming in six hours time so need to get some shuteye...

So a brief hello and goodnight to my hippie friends across the pond and sweet dreams for all!

How's the recovering hippy with the good hair?
Hope today is a Good Day!:SUNsmile:

Hi @SurreyGirl
Happy Wednesday!
Hope you're feeling better after your last post.
I agree with Bionic on the body pillow. Love mine.
Enjoy the rest of the week!

Good afternoon ladies! I now have lovely brown glossy hair.. Not a sign of grey now. Harry my hairdresser was amazed at how much it had grown over 2.5 months.

A tiring day yesterday partly due to a bad night's sleep the night before, a one hour drive to work with my neighbour - in his Jaguar (!) but we had a lot of traffic. 10 minute before we arrived at my workplace, Simon my neighbour said "do you want a massage?" WHAT!!!!!!

Turned out the seats in his very Posh Car had a built in massage facility. So he pressed a button and I had mechanical fingers running up and down my spine. So when he offloaded me at the Uni my work colleagues were treated to me
a) having the door opened for me (hubby never does this!)
b) Simon handing me my crutch and me, laughing, kissing him on the cheek
c) And my parting shot to him to "switch off the massage parlour" before he picked up his next passenger..

So my walk to the office looked like a "Walk of Shame"…. There were "looks"…….

Worked for 5 hours then to the hairdresser for 2 hours followed by dinner so a lot of sitting on my backside. All good however and a much better night's sleep last night. I do have a thick pillow to put between my legs before turning to the non op side and it stops the op hip stretching too much..

Today I have been working from home and took a break mid-day to go out to lunch with hubby. Completely forgot to bring a cushion and didn't need it. Progress.. Back home and did another 2 hours work so that is enough for today.

Tomorrow is work and physio. Not sure how I am getting to work but hubby picking me up and taking me to Physio. I think more massage needed.

Stiffness in the thigh after sitting and some burning pain around the top of the incision but it is better than yesterday. Now trying to massage around that area 3 times a day when I can and that seems to help.

I followed @cpollock 's recovery thread and her timeline of recovery seems very similar to mine and she has had a good outcome. This is where Bonesmart really helps.

The Birthday Dinner will be next week - more of this later ;-) Plans are afoot…there may be Gin… . mwah ha ha!

Wow, good hair...traveling via Jag, and massage on the way to work. Three things that DID NOT happen to me today.:heehee:

I regard the Jag as "Pre-Miata Therapy" - prior to me trying to resume driving soon Mojo333!

I should say that Simon looks like a slightly disreptable cbut harming dealer in antiques! (he isn't). The sort of person who always wears an old tweed jacket with jeans and brown loafers. You get the idea…

:thumb: Certainly...we must be sports car ready...and I am guessing you will be.
They will say there goes that pretty lady in the Miata with the good hips.:curtsey:

Walk of Shame :rotfl:
Hopefully you had a different outfit on than the day before :heehee:
@SurreyGirl

Glad Cheryl Pollock updated and you read her thread, especially because you related and saw she had a happy ending. :yay:
Enjoy the evening!

Flappy paddles and gear sticks, this is sounding more x-rated by the minute, lol.
Silly SurreyGirl!

Back later.. Having some supper and an early night. Pretty tired today.
Btw hubby has got more sympathetic as the weeks have gone on.. seems to get it about me being tired, having pain etc… I suspect he may have been googling symptoms etc as he now seems to be an "expert"..

Glad to read you had a nice meal out sans cushion, @SurreyGirl. At lunch out yesterday I sat on a hard wooden chair (why do they have these in restaurants? Seriously! Oh, probably to ensure you don’t linger, I guess...) and a birthday dinner next week? Fun, and definitely a treat to look forward to!

Wow, a massaging car ride—very cool! My husband’s car has both heating and cooling functions but no massage—sound a real treat!

Have a good rest of your day.

Glad to read you had a nice meal out sans cushion, @SurreyGirl. At lunch out yesterday I sat on a hard wooden chair (why do they have these in restaurants? Seriously! Oh, probably to ensure you don’t linger, I guess...) and a birthday dinner next week? Fun, and definitely a treat to look forward to!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back