Guest viewing is limited

TKR Hopefaith's Ups and Downs of Recovery

@DogLoverx3 I don't see him/ or talk to him. He comes in, gets my dog and then comes back without talking and leaves. But I have been receiving advice from several to the same affect, on here and off of here. So I just let him know I have no more need for him to walk my dog. He has brought groceries too, but I will need to figure that one out. (he sounds like such a nice guy, eh?) I am eating very little. The divorce diet they call it. Food tastes awful. At my sis's home, she fixed little snacks that actually tasted good. I have no appetite when eating alone. Just doesn't seem necessary. I know that doesn't make sense.
~~hopefaith
 
Hello @hopefaith , @tiredwife , @Betsy-Knees-7-2014 , @kneeper , @marmora , @pumpkin!

I have lost my way on this forum for a while. Could not get on, had problems with signing on, password problems, etc. I just got on and it has taken me an hour and I have to get some sleep as I need to get up at 5:00 to go to work.
Some updates on knee: PT suggested last week I go back to surgeon as I have pain right below knee cap and he has been working so hard trying to help it to no avail, scar has started to burn, is red and mean looking, of course I have constant swelling due to working 9 to 10 hours a day. My other knee is in very bad shape, and it taked a crutch and my husband to help me get up and down stairs.
Went to church for first time today since surgery and loved seeing every one, then went to Walmart to pick up some stuff and could barely walk on either keg by the time I got hope. Still on pain meds 3 times a day. Also now have a horrendous rash on both legs, and behind my neck. The kensio tape was so helping me and in the last month I have had no difficulty with any rash, it was being changed in between visits to PT. Only used it twice on other knee, last time at least two weeks ago. All of a sudden this rash popped up, raised , red and bumpy, and of course itching . I am going to my internist tomorrow as the cortisone cream is doing nothing for it. My husband thinks it is nerves, and one of the doctors I work with said it can be caused by long term use of pain meds..I don't know. But my knee now looks like I just had surgery about two weeks ago. It has been a difficult month to say the least, and my energy level is so very low. I will have doctor take blood for possible anemia, since I am borderline on that anyway, I have missed you guys more than you know.
I am very depressed and miserable, and really am so tired of this recovery, it is taking way too long. We are supposed to be going to our cottage at the Outer Banks Sept 15th, and I have no desire to go or do anything , I am sure most of you have felt this way one time or another during your recovery. I am just so disappointed because I had been doing so much better. The pain has come back almost full course, along with the sharp jolts of pain going directly to my kneecap.
I must get some sleep, wanted you all to know that I miss you and think of you often. I am frustrated beyond belief with the new site and not being able to get on, along with my set back in healing. I pray you are all doing well and taking good care if yourselves, as I do care about all of you.
I have got to go take a pain pill and get some sleep. I
Love you guys! And boy have I missed y'all!
 
:flwrysmile:II@Quasi
Good Morning from Dublin at 8:45 am.

Sorry to hear that through various IT problems haven't been able to get on To the BoneSmart Site. Like many others I find it my "life-line" in getting through my LTKR recovery.
So, I can image your frustration at not being able to access the site.

Reading your post, and feel so sorry for the problems that you have been experiencing since your surgery in May. And having to work for 9-10 hours and being in pain must be so very hard for you.

Going through all that you have and not being able to get the support and listening ears found on BoneSmart was not what you needed at this troubling time.

Looking forward to going away to your cottage seems daunting for you now.

Do you have another appointment with your OS before you go away ?

Glad that you have found your way back to the site and know that we are here for you.
Sending you warm wishes at the start of this new week.

Take care,
Cathie
 
@Quasi

Hi JoJo,

After sending you the above post, I went to the Search button at the top of the page and put in Quasi, so that I could go to your Thread Pages.

Take care and thinking of you,
Cathie
 
@Quasi So very sorry to hear about your pain! I hope your OS can fix the problem soon. Do you think that maybe by going back to work so early, that could have caused the problem with your TKR? Sending up a prayer for you!
 
So sorry to hear all you have gone through JoAnne. Wow! It sounds so hard. When will you get in to see your doctor? I hope soon. The rash sounds concerning! Have missed you tons.
~~hopefaith
 
@Quasi so sad you are going threw all this, I get those sharp jabs but my PA said its the nerves reconnecting. I hope that the rash goes away for you. The not being able to sleep I so understand been up since 1am Sending some :prayer:s your way
 
I am trying to strengthen my quads. It is hard to do. My PT wants me to do squats. I have pain if I go vey low with them. Is this normal? Should I be able to do these at this stage? I don't think (and I tell him) that my left knee isn't in great shape, and I don't want to injure it. (the left non TKR knee)
I hope you all are doing well. I think of you all often.
@busylizzie I haven't heard from you in awhile. I wonder how you are. I know you have had some issues with leg length, is that right?
~~hopefaith
 
@hopefaith IF you can do them, squats do help strengthen the quads. For me, I really felt it when trying to stand up again. In PT they only had me do them, or try to do them, my last two sessions. Just getting up from a chair without using your arms you should feel it in the quads as well. Straight leg lifts, thigh squeezes, placing a rolled up towel under your knee and then straightening your leg holding that position for 5 seconds are actual exercises that can help.
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom