Guest viewing is limited

Revision THR Hope for 2020, Revised THR

:wave: Wishing you a great week, dear one.
Thanks for all your thoughtful and kind posts on the forum.
You're a joy! :yes:
@Fit4Family
 
Hi @Layla your kind words made my day. I am so very grateful for all of your encouragement. Hope you have a great week! ❤️
 
Hello Hipsters!

Have been dealing with significant pain since last Wednesday. I was released to PT 12 weeks post THR and fracture. Last Wednesday I was kicking leg forward from standing position with a light resistance band. I should have stopped as soon as it hurt. By the time I left I was in pain pulling my operated leg back in the car. I went in yesterday and they did deep tissue massage and ice. PT said it’s my hip flexors. Felt a little better when I left, but back in pain by evening. Today any slight rotation of my left hip out, sends gripping pain. Having a hard time walking and standing. I’m icing and elevating. Does this sound like hip flexor pain? So bummed.

Put a call into OS. Resting it as I have no other choice. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
 
I still have pain when standing in one place too long or trying to do a flat leg lift and think it is flexor muscle. My OS said it was a tight muscle and I lay on my bed and hang the surgery leg off to stretch it as he instructed. I'm waiting for results....
Why does exercise have to hurt....I hope your surgeon has an answer. ♥️
 
Thank you @Cecropia I think I will try a gentle stretch. Really hoping this is just a muscle strain. Standing was getting much easier before I did this. Really appreciate your thoughts. ❤️
 
@Fit4Family I'm so sorry to read your update. Glad that you called your OS and hope they get back with you soon. I'd be concerned too since this started last Wednesday after PT and you still have it today. If your PT allowed you to continue when you had pain with the bands, you might want to reconsider going. Especially after all that you've been through so far. I'm sure all is fine, you just need to ice and elevate for a few days, but I sure hate to hear you're in pain from the PT. I hope you keep us posted after you hear from the OS.
 
Last Wednesday I was kicking leg forward from standing position with a light resistance band.
Well I hate to say this but there is no way you should be using any resistance bands in PT - especially given your history. Please stop using these and do only very gentle stretches. Your current situation was very likely brought on by this activity.
 
Thank you so much @SE Florida Kicking myself for going to PT. I should have just continued what I was doing. I’m not going back.

OS office called. They want me to ice and rest and call to come in if I’m still in pain tomorrow. Since I didn’t fall or anything hoping it’s just soft tissue and that ice and rest will help. Thank you again. ❤️
 
Thank you @Jaycey Completely agree. Hoping icing for a few days resolves whatever I did. Really heartsick. Was making decent progress. Thank you!
 
Kicking myself for going to PT. I should have just continued what I was doing. I’m not going back.
@Fit4Family So happy to hear that but don't kick yourself! You did it with the best intentions and hopefully with rest and ice, you'll be back to where you were before the PT. Like HipsterKat said, we've all been there, so for now just rest easy and know we're all rooting for you. :friends:
 
Thank you so much @SE Florida I am a bit worried after this crazy long road. Really appreciate your encouragement. xx
 
Hoping icing for a few days resolves whatever I did. Really heartsick.
Ice and rest should resolve this. It's just angry muscles and soft tissues working harder than they are ready to work. Unfortunately most PT is a "one size fits all". They have their checklist and move through it regardless of your needs.

Please keep us updated. Just a slight bump in the recovery road.
 
Oh that’s not what I wanted to hear @Fit4Family [emoji3590][emoji3590] Do hope that a few days icing & resting help.

Thinking of you & sending lots of love & hugs Hipster Sis... will pop in tomorrow to see how you are doing... love Chrissie xx[emoji3590][emoji3590]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thank you so much Chrissie! Hope you are well. :friends:

Hoping it’s a brief sideline. Sending lots of ❤️ @Hoppy Nanny
 
Aww, so sorry. Try not to be too hard on yourself, you were only doing what you thought would be helpful.
No judgement here. We just want you to feel better soon. I'm sure ice and rest will help.
Lesson learned, so it's all good. :wink:
Big hugs :console2:
@Fit4Family
 
Back
Top Bottom