Guest viewing is limited

TKR Holly is bionic!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holly,

Great job. Soon there will be no holding you back. Keep the great posts coming. Will be waiting to hear the one about the stairs.
 
Wonderful Holly. :egypdance: That's how it starts--a little walking while holding the cane or putting down in the kitchen and doing your thing. Like someone said, I wouldn't give the cane up yet, but sounds like you'll be using it less and less.
 
The stair demon has been slayed!! :yes!: I did it! My husband came home last night and I said - "I'm doing the steps" - and I did!! It actually wasn't bad at all. It was mostly my head that was stopping me, now that the leg is working better. I just used the cane on one side to help out! It's like I've been liberated!! :giggle: HA!! Seriously, it sure beats going down on my butt! That was getting VERY old.

Tackled the camper steps today. Those were pretty easy so we're a go to head out on Tues. for our 6 day camping trip! It's going to be fantastic.

I agree with all of you - I do keep the cane with me when I'm outside of the house. I'm not feeling that confident yet!! Around the house though, it just sits near the steps for when I need it.

OH - I also was able to go fishing in our boat last night! I packed us a picnic dinner and we headed out to catch some fish - actually came home with 3 nice big ones (Northern Pike). Threw a couple back too. Was kind of tricky getting into the boat from the dock, but getting out was a breeze and I was even able to back the trailer down into the lake (my "normal job") without any issues. It was SO fun - beautiful night to be on the lake, with my guy, listening to the baseball game on the radio and catching some fish!:yahoo:

Have a great weekend everyone!
 
The stair demon has been slayed!! :yes!: I did it! My husband came home last night and I said - "I'm doing the steps" - and I did!! It actually wasn't bad at all. It was mostly my head that was stopping me, now that the leg is working better. I just used the cane on one side to help out! It's like I've been liberated!! :giggle: HA!! Seriously, it sure beats going down on my butt! That was getting VERY old.

Tackled the camper steps today. Those were pretty easy so we're a go to head out on Tues. for our 6 day camping trip! It's going to be fantastic.

I agree with all of you - I do keep the cane with me when I'm outside of the house. I'm not feeling that confident yet!! Around the house though, it just sits near the steps for when I need it.

OH - I also was able to go fishing in our boat last night! I packed us a picnic dinner and we headed out to catch some fish - actually came home with 3 nice big ones (Northern Pike). Threw a couple back too. Was kind of tricky getting into the boat from the dock, but getting out was a breeze and I was even able to back the trailer down into the lake (my "normal job") without any issues. It was SO fun - beautiful night to be on the lake, with my guy, listening to the baseball game on the radio and catching some fish!:yahoo:

Have a great weekend everyone!


Awesome news! You are moving ahead very, very nicely! Going camping and going fishing---joyful times in your life---are still strong milestones that you acan both enjoy and celebrate---not to mention slaying the Stair demon!
 
Holly,

You are doing so wonderful. We all say its the little accomplishments that means so much, but you are just killing them. And now that you can do the stairs, there so no stopping you now. Great job on all you have conquered so far.
 
The stair demon has been slayed!! :yes!: I did it! My husband came home last night and I said - "I'm doing the steps" - and I did!! It actually wasn't bad at all. It was mostly my head that was stopping me, now that the leg is working better. I just used the cane on one side to help out! It's like I've been liberated!! :giggle: HA!! Seriously, it sure beats going down on my butt! That was getting VERY old.

Tackled the camper steps today. Those were pretty easy so we're a go to head out on Tues. for our 6 day camping trip! It's going to be fantastic.

I agree with all of you - I do keep the cane with me when I'm outside of the house. I'm not feeling that confident yet!! Around the house though, it just sits near the steps for when I need it.

OH - I also was able to go fishing in our boat last night! I packed us a picnic dinner and we headed out to catch some fish - actually came home with 3 nice big ones (Northern Pike). Threw a couple back too. Was kind of tricky getting into the boat from the dock, but getting out was a breeze and I was even able to back the trailer down into the lake (my "normal job") without any issues. It was SO fun - beautiful night to be on the lake, with my guy, listening to the baseball game on the radio and catching some fish!:yahoo:

Have a great weekend everyone!


Maybe there’s something about 5/31, I have also tackled the stair monster. My therapist asked what made me try that and I said I had no idea. We were on our way out, wondered if I should give it a try and did it. You’re right, thinking I couldn’t do it was hard to get past. I need the cane too, and the railing.
Being out on the lake sounds great, so happy for you! [Bonesmart.org] Holly is bionic!!
 
The stair demon has been slayed!! :yes!: I did it! My husband came home last night and I said - "I'm doing the steps" - and I did!! It actually wasn't bad at all. It was mostly my head that was stopping me, now that the leg is working better. I just used the cane on one side to help out! It's like I've been liberated!!
:yay::egypdance:
 
Hello!

Haven't been on line for awhile, so as I'm sitting here icing, I thought I'd check on everyone and give an update. I was able to go on my first 5 night camping trip! :) It was great - ok - the stairs going in and out of the camper sucked, but by the last day - I had a good system down that didn't allow quite so many bugs to get in there because of my less than quick movements on the stairs!! :rotfl: Sitting around the campfire in the evenings with my husband and daughter were fantastic. One morning, my hubby and I even went fishing for about 3 hours. Caught many fish - but kept MY TWO northern pike which were each about 4 lbs.! Girl power!!!:yahoo:

Probably one of the bigger highlights of it all was SWIMMING!!! Halleluiah!!! Marv (my hubby) got in the pool first and steadied me as I went down the steps. Then I was FREE! Seriously, it was amazing!! Marv had to tell me not to overdo it after about an hour of walking around and floating. It was the best!!

Yesterday I started my water workouts at our YMCA. LOVE IT!!! My PT guy gave me instructions on what he wanted me to accomplish in the pool and I've done that (plus 4 laps each day-with VERY GENTLE kicking). I walk, squat, leg lift, bike peddle for about 30 minutes. Hit the hot tub for more bending for 10, and then head to the showers. I've done it two days in a row, and plan to get in there every day this week. It is one of the goals I had - and it feels so wonderful to be able to get there. Next goal is peddling on the stationary bike. :bicycle1:

My leg is SO far behind my other one in strength. It's worse since I had that sleeping quad for 3 1/2 weeks. But, I'm positive the water workouts will improve that quite quickly.

Got out in the garden this morning for the first time. Pulled some weeds, and brought in some zuchinni and green beans that were ready to eat! YUMMO!!

OH - I was able to walk without the cane, but the PT guy said that he still wants me to use it all the time. Didn't like my gait without it so I'm still using that - but no big deal.

Take care everyone!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Holly is bionic!!
Camping out
[Bonesmart.org] Holly is bionic!!
fishing
[Bonesmart.org] Holly is bionic!!
hitting the pool! WOW! you've come a long way,



baby! Great update, Holly. You're an inspiration for all of us. Keep on keeping on and keep us posted.
 
Congrats Holly! That is quite a list of accomplishments, taking full advantage of summer it seems. And I bet those fish tasted mighty good!
 
A truly magnificent report! I am glad to read of how much fun you are having! I wouldn't worry at all about how far behind the leg is---it wil all catch up and even out in the future---you are wise to take it slowly and gently!
 
Holly, I'm so glad that you are doing so well and are able to enjoy some of the things that your new knee is letting you do! That's what this is all about!
 
Morning! Day 1 postop is here. Restless night but got some Ambian to help me sleep for a few hours. Only pain is an ache behind the knee on the left side. Today I have instructed them. To give meds on schedule since I wqill be more active.

Last night I sat with my legs on the floor for about an hour. Felt WONDERFUL!!

Was up by 530, IV fluids out, drain out! Had oatmeal and toast for bkfst! YUM! They removed my leg covering and I have 28 staples. I'll attempt to attach a picture- but am doing all this writing from my phone! I am not too swelled and it looks good. I got up and walked 200 yards!!! Have PT this afternoon. I feel pretty good!
Hello
i am so glad u r doing great it will get better i promise
good luck
cheryl:angel:
 
Wow Holly, you are having a great time with your new knee! I can't believe you are even getting in a boat! :yes!: There is nothing like being on the water and enjoying the summer, very big healing powers! :angel: You even beat the stair monster, woohoo! Enjoy the rest of your summer girl, you've come a long way! :friends:
 
I did it - I peddled around on the bike!! :bicycle1: YAHOO!!! Holy cow - I've been working SOOOOO hard to get this accomplished - and today was the day!!! :egypdance:


Everything else looks good - and I was told that I will only meet with PT about 3-4 more times. Pool is going great and feels wonderful. My ROM today was 100!!! I KNOW it's because of my efforts in the hot tub. Hope everyone is doing great!!!
 
:egypdance: that's a big milestone. Congrats!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom