Guest viewing is limited

TKR Holly is bionic!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations on your progress and keep up the hard work as the payoff is unbelievable as you already know. Each new day brings a new milestone for us and yours was riding the bike thats awesome. Again Job Well Done.
 
Holly ,
great this is so awsome for u ,I do have a question does the hot tub really work (is it the same as the ones they have have the ymce where i go for the aqua theraphy -to make long story short i go to the marble head ymca for theraphy suppose to be 2x a week so i made a application out for peobody witch i got a discount coz of my disability which aint my knee I have had epilesy sence i was 13 but no spells for 15 yrs /anyway i am going to talk to him today and make sure it is ok i do more then just the pool like riding the bike ,wich i was doing befor e i statred pool time and if the if the hot tub work for u i am going to ask him what ii can do and cant do i am so glad for you congradulations -be able to have a member ship might be able to help me a long meaning when he cant or aint avaible i can do it my self as long as i font over do it I THINK THE HOT TUB WILL LOOSEN UP THE MUSCLE i am not a doctor but what to u think :yay::happydance::spin::yahoo:
thank you
cheryl
I did it - I peddled around on the bike!! :bicycle1: YAHOO!!! Holy cow - I've been working SOOOOO hard to get this accomplished - and today was the day!!! :egypdance:


Everything else looks good - and I was told that I will only meet with PT about 3-4 more times. Pool is going great and feels wonderful. My ROM today was 100!!! I KNOW it's because of my efforts in the hot tub. Hope everyone is doing great!!!
 
Holly ,
great this is so awsome for u ,I do have a question does the hot tub really work (is it the same as the ones they have have the ymce where i go for the aqua theraphy -to make long story short i go to the marble head ymca for theraphy suppose to be 2x a week so i made a application out for peobody witch i got a discount coz of my disability which aint my knee I have had epilesy sence i was 13 but no spells for 15 yrs /anyway i am going to talk to him today and make sure it is ok i do more then just the pool like riding the bike ,wich i was doing befor e i statred pool time and if the if the hot tub work for u i am going to ask him what ii can do and cant do i am so glad for you congradulations -be able to have a member ship might be able to help me a long meaning when he cant or aint avaible i can do it my self as long as i font over do it I THINK THE HOT TUB WILL LOOSEN UP THE MUSCLE i am not a doctor but what to u think :yay::happydance::spin::yahoo:
thank you
cheryl

Cheryl, I go to our YMCA to do my workouts - outside of what I do in my PT sessions. I go in the hot tub for 15 minutes when I first get there. Walking around in it if possible, and then doing knee bending exercises. Then I go into the pool and water walk, do leg lifts, etc. for 25 minutes, then back in the hot tub for another 10 to do more bends, muscle & incision massage and leg straightening. The things I do were at the recommendation of my physical therapist. I'd check with your PT or doc and then if they give you the go ahead - do it! I have seen a GREAT deal of progress in my bend in the past week since I've gotten the ok to get in there. Good luck!!!
 
Cheryl, I go to our YMCA to do my workouts - outside of what I do in my PT sessions. I go in the hot tub for 15 minutes when I first get there. Walking around in it if possible, and then doing knee bending exercises. Then I go into the pool and water walk, do leg lifts, etc. for 25 minutes, then back in the hot tub for another 10 to do more bends, muscle & incision massage and leg straightening. The things I do were at the recommendation of my physical therapist. I'd check with your PT or doc and then if they give you the go ahead - do it! I have seen a GREAT deal of progress in my bend in the past week since I've gotten the ok to get in there. Good luck!!!

HEY Holly
what about riding the bike to strenghin u r knee did u do this or could u i know i did this before i started water theraphy i was wondering if i should continue thank you for advice
cheryl
 
HEY Holly
what about riding the bike to strenghin u r knee did u do this or could u i know i did this before i started water theraphy i was wondering if i should continue thank you for advice
cheryl

Cheryl, I do ride the stationary bike - but that has only been at my PT appointments. At first, I just rocked my feet back and forth and it wasn't until about a week ago that I was actually able to make it all the way around with the peddles. My PT guy said that he wants me to ride for about 10 on the stationary bike, then head down for my water workout. Good luck!
 
Hi everyone,

Had my PT appointment today and was peddling around on the bike :bicycle1: when all of a sudden it started up! I looked at my PT guy and said - hey - this thing just turned on! He laughed and told me that I finally was peddling fast enough for it to register!! HA!! I thought it was really funny...:rotfl:

Next Tuesday is my last PT appointment. I've got really mixed feelings about it - but today it's been 2 months since my surgery and I really feel that I've made good progress in the last month since my quads finally woke up. SO - I'm sure that it'll continue to get better every day.

I'm doing most everything I wanted to - just a modified version right now, or a bit slower than I'd like. Time and patience will get me to where I ultimately want to be. It's a good ride.

I probably won't be on much anymore. I'm out to enjoy the rest of the summer before I go back to work in September. :thankyou: Thanks for all your encouragement over the past months. Keep up the good work everyone!

Hugs,
Holly
 
Holly, you've been a joy and an inspiration to all of us. We will miss you. Don't be a stranger---drop us a line updating your recovery once in a while. We care.




[Bonesmart.org] Holly is bionic!!
 
Great report. I hope you stop by periodically--but enjoy the rest of the summer with your new knee!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom