TKR Holly is bionic!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holly, great news! :friends: What a great day for you, many accomplishments! :thumb: I'll have you know you even brought me to tears! I always did love a happy story! :cry:
Enjoy your nap, you certainly deserve it! :sleep:
 
Great news Holly! Your quad was asleep, mine was hurting and they both started to cooperate on the same day. We’re on our way Kiddo! :thumb:
 
Hey Holly, How are ya doing?
Hi!
I'm doing really well - thanks for asking! I actually managed to "stand" for my entire shower yesterday! Did have the chair in there with me - just in case, but didn't need it!

I started driving on Saturday. I'm not on any narcotics - so I figured it was ok to get behind the wheel again. It feels WONDERFUL to be independent. Still can't go down the dumb stairs except on my rear end - but that's ok. Went to Walmart & Target and jetted around on their motorized carts with my family. It was fun.

Have my PT appointment today and my 4 week checkup with the doctor tomorrow. Most of my steri strips have fallen off - and I can now get a really good look at my scar. It looks pretty darn good. I think it will heal nicely with just a small thin line. Just waiting for the all clear to hit the pool for rehab. I KNOW that my ROM will get a dramatic boost once I get the ok to go. I'm a swimmer and that's my "comfort zone" - so I can't wait!

How are YOU doing?????
 
Holly,
I am so glad to hear that things are going so well for you! Driving again is great isn't it? Gives us freedom to do things on our own again and not wait for others to take us! It is great to hear about the progress your leg is making also! Keep up the great work!:happydance:
 
Hey! You got ahead of me on driving, good for you! :yay: I still use Percocet so can’t drive yet. I’m almost ready to go just Tylenol but now the thigh pain is back so I’ll have to wait on that a little longer. With hubby being retired I hardly ever drive anyway but it sure is a good feeling knowing you can if you want to.
Good luck at your check this week, I’m sure the doctor will be happy with your progress.:thumb: I go for mine on Friday.
 
Hi!
I'm doing really well - thanks for asking!?

Good hearing from you!
Driving was a necessity for me as I don't have anyone to drive me around. But I can do it. Not quite up to shopping in stores yet., though.

I can go downstairs on my feet, one stair at a time! I am thinking, though, your seat might be getting a good toning with all of that stair work, :rotfl:.

And my scar is looking pretty darn good too! Now if I can only get my ROM up there into the triple digits!
 
Just finished with my 4 week post op with the doc. He seemed pleased overall at my progress but seemed kind of surprised that my thigh just engaged this past Friday.:shrug: He said my scar looks wonderful and gave me the go ahead to hit the pool in about a week! :yahoo: OMG - THAT'S what I've been waiting for!!! :egypdance: He of course, is wishing my ROM were better than 90, but it is what it is and he ordered 4 more weeks of PT to strengthen my quad and get better ROM.

I got to see xray's of my "purchase"! It looks great. Way better than my other knee looks!! HA! - but that we'll deal with down the road...down the road a LONG way!!! :rotfl:

Have a great day everyone!
 
Just finished with my 4 week post op with the doc. He seemed pleased overall at my progress but seemed kind of surprised that my thigh just engaged this past Friday.:shrug: He said my scar looks wonderful and gave me the go ahead to hit the pool in about a week! :yahoo: OMG - THAT'S what I've been waiting for!!! :egypdance: He of course, is wishing my ROM were better than 90, but it is what it is and he ordered 4 more weeks of PT to strengthen my quad and get better ROM.

I got to see xray's of my "purchase"! It looks great. Way better than my other knee looks!! HA! - but that we'll deal with down the road...down the road a LONG way!!! :rotfl:

Have a great day everyone!

[Bonesmart.org] Holly is bionic!!
That's great up get tp start oing to the pool! ROM will come, not to worry.
 
Holly - you need to check out my new tool for measuring ROM:-

Choose from the following:- I can bend my knee ...
  1. A bit
  2. A lot
  3. Enough
:whistle: no technical skill required!

What do you think?
 
OK - let's hear a big YAHOO!!! :happydance: I just started walking around my house WITHOUT my cane!! :happydance: I can't hardly believe it's happened - but it has!! WHEW!!!

I was in my office looking for something - just holding my cane in my hand but it wasn't on the floor. Then I just stepped and I looked down at my feet and thought - holy cow - I just stepped without the cane, using my operated leg! So I took another and another and the next thing I knew I was walking all over the house - tears POURING down my face! :boohoo: I called my husband and of course got his voice mail - left a sobbing message about walking without aides...it's a good day!!! Still look pretty peg legged - but SO WHAT! I'm WALKING!!!

Then went to PT and got a good stretch and massage from the gal that helped me today. Boy did THAT feel good! I'm going to ask my regular guy to do that too.

Now if I can just master those stairs going down...patience grasshopper...patience!!
 
Wow Holly that is great news! You are doing so well! :) :dancy:

I would advise keeping the cane nearby for a while though, especially when leaving the house. I needed mine outside until I had my second TKR. One can get tired and it can come in handy.
 
Holly, that's fantastic! You seem to be moving right along with progress! :yes!: Good for you! You said a mouth full though with, patience grasshopper...patience!! I think you reminded all of us, thanks!
Have a great weekend! :friends:
 
OK - let's hear a big YAHOO!!! :happydance: I just started walking around my house WITHOUT my cane!! :happydance: I can't hardly believe it's happened - but it has!! WHEW!!!

I was in my office looking for something - just holding my cane in my hand but it wasn't on the floor. Then I just stepped and I looked down at my feet and thought - holy cow - I just stepped without the cane, using my operated leg! So I took another and another and the next thing I knew I was walking all over the house - tears POURING down my face! :boohoo: I called my husband and of course got his voice mail - left a sobbing message about walking without aides...it's a good day!!! Still look pretty peg legged - but SO WHAT! I'm WALKING!!!

Then went to PT and got a good stretch and massage from the gal that helped me today. Boy did THAT feel good! I'm going to ask my regular guy to do that too.

Now if I can just master those stairs going down...patience grasshopper...patience!!

:goodpost:
Hey Holly! That’s great news! :yay: I have found myself walking away from my cane, every now and then it’s just in the way so I put it down to do something and wander off (not too far mind you). I think I carry it around with me like a safety blanket, just in case. Especially out of the house. My balance isn't bad but needs some work.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom