Bilateral TKR Hitched A Ride to The Other Side

Status
Not open for further replies.
PooShay,It all sounds good. Glad your rough beginning has turned the corner! Take care!
 
PooShay....you're doing really well!!! Don't worry about the CPM.....once you start moving around, you really don't need it anyway. Some people find that it's comfortable to have that movement, but it's really not mandatory.
 
Pooshay,

I wouldn't worry about the CPM alot of OS don't even use them anymore mine for one. I never used it, and I seem to be doing just fine. I think the more you can move your knee yourself the better you will be, I don't mean to go overboard abou it but a bit of a walk in the hall and the rehab PT should be more than enough for now.
 
PooDhay, I forgot about that damn CPM, when they tried it in the hospital, I didn't realize they had it set to fast. I had finally gotten my heart rate of over 160 post - op calmed down, my PCA pump needed a higher baseline, and they strapped me in this thing and turned it on. oMG. I just cried, and cried, begged them to stop!! They finally stopped, tried one more time, much slower, meds were good, I fell asleep with it. It came home with me, I hated it then, my knee was swollen, my pain meds screwed up for the first 6 days, it hurt, but I tried. I do not think it is meant to hurt us. My Pt slowed the speed WAY down, and it was tolerable. Don't beat yourself up is right!!
 
Oh my, Megan......the CPM was NEVER meant to provide a cardio workout for a recovering TKRer!!!! Glad you made it though that!
 
Good morning Pooshay! I thought I would check in on your thread first because you are always so upbeat and you make me feel good. I am sorry that I have missed a lot after your surgery, but as far as CPMs go...I almost never used mine and when I did I never got past number 52. I ended up with a 137 ROM in spite of that albeit I don't have that now, but I am going to start working hard to get it back again! You have a wonderful pain free day and thank you for always taking time out to check in on me! XO
 
:wow2: First thing I thought when I saw this pic under posting your badges--Pooshay has a pair of great legs now!!!!! I know you must be thrilled with them.:snork:

And just keep thinking while you're learning to walk again---I've got a great pair of legs and I look sooooo goooood in them!:th_heehee:

Keep us posted. We care. :cat-kittyandsmiley:Judy
 
It sounds like you're making great progress, PooShay! I also never had a CPM as my OS does not see a need for them. So I have no idea what that's like. I'm glad to see you're not focusing on the numbers though. You're right that we can sometimes get so caught up on ROM and extension instead of just concentrating on how we feel and making as much progress as our bodies will allow in any given day. I can tell you that when I had my BTKR my ROM was great, but oh the pain every time I tried to sit or stand. And I won't even get into the whole constipation discussion. That was a nightmare in and of itself!

Just remember to take those naps whenever you can as you really do get zapped of energy so easily right now. I still find myself having to ice, elevate and rest at the end of a long day and I'm just over 5 months out from my BTKR. It's a long ride, but worth the destination!

Keep up with the great work and positive attitude!
 
Congratulations on your progress , Poohshay! Your new knees look great. I'm just biding my time till I have my surgery, but I'm learning a lot from everyone here.

I keep reading you thread, and cheering you on.


Linda
 
Hi PooShay, You are doing great - well done to you! You have a super pair of legs :wink1:
 
I've been looking for your thread to say that! You must have gone
[Bonesmart.org] Hitched A Ride to The Other Side
when you first saw them!
 
Continued success in your recovery. I used CPM in hospital and for a few days at home. PT came and said I no longer needed so having machine picked up. Some OS like it others do not.
 
PooShay....do you have a "before" photo you can post along with your "after" one? That would be wonderful to see the difference.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom