Bilateral TKR Hitched A Ride to The Other Side

Status
Not open for further replies.
You sound as if you are doing really well - keep up the good work! I hope you get nicely settled in the rehab hospital :thumb:
 
Glad you are doing okay!! I had to get 2 units of prbc's. Knocks you for a loop. Hope your rehab stay is a good one!!
 
PooShay....so great to hear you are improving and moving on to the Rehab Center. Next stop....HOME!!!! Let us hear from you when you can.
 
Pooshay.

Glad to hear you are doing well and moving on to the rehab center. Before you know it you will be going home. Continue to get some rest it is what you need the most right now.
 
Good to hear things are more settled now.
 
Yay, PooShay! I'm so glad to see you here, I'd been wondering. Take care with that low BP, a fall is the LAST thing you need. You sound like you're making great progress, and I look forward to hearing how you're doing.

La
 
I thinkbbi saw a post about sore ankle. With my mind in a fog, I can't find it. Can someone point me to that direction? Pretty please. I'll go to the Library. My right ankle feels swollen and tight. Thanks.
 
Do you mean you have a sore ankle? That can happen as they can give your leg a good work out during the surgery! Just include it in the mantra "rest, ice, elevate and take your pain meds by the clock". It will settled eventually.
 
PooShay,
I tore some tendons in my foot, and found Josephine's recommendation of rest, ice, elevate and medicate was helpful. Especially elevation, it does not take much swelling to flare the foot up.
Good Luck
 
Thanks, Guys. I DO have a sore ankle. Feels like there's a tight band around it. My day was 100% better. Slept well. Set up the alarm to ask for meds (if I wait till waken naturally, I'm already in the pain zone. ). OT and PT were just right. We stopped when the knees said to. Im not getting caught up in the ROM numbers game. And I had a Doppler test to check for clots and that was negative. Can't believe it's already been a WEEK! Wonder how Ditzeechick did with her second TKR today. I find it hard to concentrate; I fall asleep all the time. The first day I stood up (day after the op), I said to myself "what have it done?". But that didn't last too long. Yes, it hurt a lot. But now, I'm closer to no pain.
 
Time just flies when you're having so much fun! :th_heehee: Happy to hear that things have improved and that you're doing so well.

Enjoy the :sleep:s, your body needs the rest--its working hard to recover from the assault. And you're so right about the pain meds on schedule otherwise you'll find yourself :cry:.

What you'll find strange after a certain point is that you feel best when you're up walking around. Even after 17 weeks, I get a little stiff if I sit for over 30 minutes and when I wake in the AM. But as long as I'm on my feet and moving, my knees are GREAT! :snork:

And it really won't be too long before you know this surgery is one of the best things you ever did. :yes 4:

Take care & keep us posted. We care. :cat-kittyandsmiley: Judy
 
I'm glad you are feeling better today. Don't worry about thinking 'what have I done', we all have thoughts like that in the first few days but the positives will soon out way the negatives. When you are walking pain free on those new knees you will be so happy. Make sure you rest and take it easy.
 
Can't believe it's over 7 Days already! Monday, I had The BM Blues. The suppository didn't help. Tue, doc said he would have to MAKE it happen by the end of the day. So, 6 pm comes along and no movement of the troops. I ask to go to the bathroom cause I needed to do number 1 ... and big surprise, number 2 followed. To the cheers of the staff!

Yesterday was my first group session. We worked on the leg exercises (heel pumps, heel Slides, etc) with assist if needed and up to level of discomfort, in the acternoon, we had Upper Torso strength. Then the walk around (knees up, heel/ball/toe, oh and don't lean toward on the walker)! Extension good. Flexion, not so good and I wouldn't let PT push me to pain. I think they want 90 deg for discharge. Will learn more today. My problem was that I was beat! I had a visitor at lunch time, and I should have had a nap instead.

Today is Patient Care Coord meeting, where we will decide tentative discharge date and plan of care.
 
WOW PooShay, you've really come quite a ways in this last week. I also had the blood transfusion and as frightening as it sounds, it gave me the zip I needed to get through this recovery. I'm almost 3 months out and ready to return to work. Hopefully, if you feel ready - you will be ready for home. If not, continue with your inpatient rehab and things will continue to fall into place with your recovery. Best of Luck! :thumb:
 
I can just imagine the celebration! :snork:

[Bonesmart.org] Hitched A Ride to The Other Side
 
Wow. *It's been a while since I checked in in my own thread.*

I have had a wondie day. *Ate all my breakfast (probably for he first time since op), had a massage by my own therapist, then took a nap, wolfed down my lunch (see breakfast comment) and did a wheelchair yoga class. And I didn't miss my meds once.

Since I have to ask for the meds, I set my alarm. *I'd rather be awakened by that than by pain. *I'll see how things go au natural tomorrow.*

I've had a prob with the CPM machine in that I can't relax and let the machine do its work. * My OS believes in the CPM, *but my rehab doc doesn't.*

We have 3 hours of PT scheduled a day. *Mornings: 30 min with the OT who watches me go about doing things like brushing teeth and getting dressed; and 1 group hour of the usual leg exercises (with plenty of breaks and assists if needed). Afternoons: *1 group hour of upper torso exercises (breaks) and 30 min of special exercises: walking with walker, going up/down steps, in/out of shower, in/out of car, then if it's scheduled, ROM measurement. I've reached their suggested level. *Although I'm not stressing about numbers, I do wonder about the swelling, even tho I KNOW I shouldn't. Aaaaargh!

No more breathing problems, no more transfusion, *appetite is coming back. I hope that everything else falls in line. I'm going to do my part. I haven't started watching the telly yet. *But I think I'll have lots of time once I get home.

Reading stuff from the Library is slow going cause I keep falling asleep!

Thank you, guys!:sleep:
 
Gosh, Pooshay, everything seems to be going well for you. Its good to hear from you again.:snork:

The swelling does hang around for awhile :cry4:, but elevating and icing will take care of a lot of it. And eventually it does go away.

And do has much :sleep::sleep::sleep:ing as your body wants. It really aids the healing----and you don't hurt at all while asleep.

Take care, keep us posted. We care.:cat-kittyandsmiley:Judy
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom