Bilateral TKR Hitched A Ride to The Other Side

Status
Not open for further replies.

PooShay

graduate
Country
United States United States
Done and done! As everyone said, the thinking about it was worse than the doing of it.

Had GA and femoral and sciatic block. Block still working. I'm prepared (kinda) for when the pain arrives. Hopefully I'll catch it at the right moment.

PooShay,

Glad to have you back on this side of surgery. You sound like you are doing well for having surgery today. Just remember to keep ahead of the pain especially while in the hospital. Good luck in your recovery.

PooShay,I was looking for your thread!! Glad to see you made it to the other side. I have enjoyed reading your optomistic comments!!

Hi Pooshay. I had that. They gave iron tablets to take for two weeks. The first two days were the worst with feeling light headed and clammy as soon as I was on my feet but quickly got better after that. Well done!

PooShay. Congratulations on making it to the other side and feeling well enough to post. That's great. My BP was also low. In fact, the first day they took me for a walk, when I got back to my room they put me to bed immediately because they were afraid I might pass out. It returned to normal after a few days. Hope your recovery goes well.

Congratulations PooShay on getting two new knees. I send you all my good wishes for a nice straight forward recovery, take it easy :thumb:

Congratulations! Another BTKR! Way to go!

Hopefully the pain will not arrive---just stay on top of the pain---don't be afraid to use the PMP (pain management pump) if they give you one, and communicate with the nurses, health care providers, etc---

You are on your way!

I was thinking a lot about you and was waiting to see you post here. Congratualtions its over and done now, I too wish you an uneventful recovery

Grats!
I had the low BP too. Spent my first 3 days on a heart floor with a heart monitor on. Cut my PT time down a bit as I kept getting light headed.
Did you have low BP before the surgery?
My biggest advice to anyone going to rehab is to keep a pain med journal and write down when you get your meds in front of the nurses.
Doctor wrote the meds for every three hours but I got a lot of "the cart will be making the rounds at 6:00 (which would have been five hours). Also got a lot of "you should be cutting down/getting off the meds now". Which is so crazy. Let them know you want your meds as prescriped...not at their leisure and ignore the different opinions of the staff.
Best of luck to you and make sure you keep us all posted. This board is a life saver.

So happy you are now in recovery, I have also been watching for your first post. The low BP was a problem for me too and the first time they sat me on the side of the bed I passed out and woke up back in bed with several worried faces looking down on me. Was given iron pills and by the next day all was fine. I do usually have low blood pressure.

Enjoy your naps and take good care of yourself. Wishing you a speedy recovery and looking forward to your updates

Good to see you on this side. Take good care, and keep us posted.:thumb:

Hello PooShay,Hope your feeling okay!! My BP was low too, my blood count was down to 8.2, needed blood. My BP runs low too. Take care!!

Also got a lot of "you should be cutting down/getting off the meds now". Which is so crazy. Let them know you want your meds as prescriped...not at their leisure and ignore the different opinions of the staff.
Best advice ever! :thumb: :yes 4:

PS - it's also extremely unprofessional. My credo was always "pain is exactly what the patient says it is, nothing less and nothing more"!

Congrats on reaching the other side. Sounds like all is well and I hope it continues and that the pain, if it comes, will not be bad. Wishing you a successful recovery. I have my TKR next wednesday and I am excited but am sure the nerves will set in the day of. Take Care.

Poo-Shay!! Congratulations on your two brand new knees! As usual you are so uplifting and I am so happy to read that you are doing so well at this point! I will do my best to keep your spirits high as you have done for me! Take care, all my best for a pain free recovery!

Best wishes to you for a smooth recovery! I needed 3 transfusions and they took a while to recognize that, seemed to think I was just dopey from the pain medicine. Once I had the blood I needed, I bounced back better!

Congrats on making it to the other side. I also had low BP so they would not let me out of bed until it got higher. I eventually ended up having a transfusion.I normally have a low BP, but this was really low. The transfusion worked and I felt much better. Hope you are having a good evening.

Well, at last I spent 24 hours lucid! I didn't react well to the oxicontin. So that's been taken out .
Had to have 3 units if of blood, and yes i've always had low BP, especially when I'm in the hospital.

Last night a doc from the rehab hospital came by. I'm moving there today. I walked 30 feet yesterday, and probably 60 feet today (added the extra feet for impromptu trip to the BRuiû. Sure felt good to sit down. Back to bed.

Thanks for the concern!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member