• RATE YOUR SURGEON ON OUR NEW JOINT SURGEON LOCATOR

Your opinion matters so please click on this announcement to find out how to rate the surgeons you have worked with

You could also go to the Surgeon Locator via the blue nav bar at the top - find the tab "Surgeon Locator"

[THR] Hitch & Get Along<

helenium

Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi @NanaKP. So sorry to hear that left side is still not good for you. I have been following your progress along with that of BionicButt and JoeKnows. I think of you as my cerclage cable buddies! I wonder whether removal of your claw plate as well as the cerclage cable caused extra disruption to your soft tissues. Perhaps a little less activity (if possible) as well as more time to heal is what it needs.

I had cerclage cables put in five years ago and they stayed in place until my recent revision (I have a new set now!). It was at least three years before I could lie on that side at night, I certainly underestimated how long soft tissue takes to heal. I'm not suggesting that you shouldn't check with your OS, but if all turns out to be ok then you might find that it just needs even more time and pampering. Take care. :console2:

OP
OP
NanaKP

NanaKP

Country
United States United States
Oh my @helenium - 3 years???? That's a bit disheartening to read but at the same time, a little comforting because maybe I do need to be more patient. I had a super ROUGH night last night, my left hip and leg ached down to my toes the entire night. Now it's raining here so maybe that's it. I also did quite a bit more grocery shopping trips the last 5 days in getting my husband ready for his big hunting trip. I don't honestly know how that group of guys will EVER eat the amount of food I ended up getting but they'll have it. I was hoping to be off this next week to R&R while he was off chasing Elk and deer but we are open so here I shall be. The downside of being self-employed.

Hey there @BionicButt - good to hear from you friend!!! I have been chatting with Hipster's right hand gal the last few days but more about when we can meet for a coffee/glass of wine and also the antibiotics I needed for a dental cleaning today. I actually have checked into a few rec centers around and sadly, the nearest one with saltwater isn't that convenient with work and such (that darned job thing sure cuts into my fun!) I may need to take a 'leave of absence' again for a few weeks to see if I can get back on two solid feet! In the meantime, I have a lovely quilt top that I finished piecing and am very anxious to start the quilting (or the icing on the cake as I tell my husband).

I did have an evening planned with old friends but have had to postpone it. The reason for rescheduling it is now not necessary so I will have an evening of laziness to enjoy. I may spend the evening with a glass of wine, the recliner and Hallmark channel! LOL I know that I will NOT be grocery shopping for the next 8 or 9 days!!!!

Thank you all for the encouraging words/sentiments. I will give it some thought about requesting an MRI. Hipster suggested a cortisone shot last Spring but I declined. For some reason that I cannot pinpoint, the thought terrifies me.

Kim

Last edited:

Debru4

graduate
Country
United States United States
I had cortisone injections for my back about 11 years ago, and my hip a couple of years ago. In both cases the procedures were set up in a way that did not involve a lot of pain. I had mixed results with the injections, but am so glad I decided to do them. In both cases they bought me some time---with my back, to be able to enjoy---even dance at, my daughter's wedding. With my hip, they enabled me to take a dream trip to Europe that has been planned, and paid for long before my hip flared up.

They also wore off, and showed me that I had tried all i could, and needed to proceed with the surgeries. In your case, they might reduce both pain and inflammation, and give you some direction. Or they might do nothing, and give you a different direction to follow. I understand your apprehension, but might urge you to reconsider so you have more information, and a possible chance to alleviate your pain. Purely my own opinion of course.....:loveshwr:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Paisleydimples
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom