Guest viewing is limited

THR Hit the Ground Runnin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too! No more running ;-( I am planning to do a marathon distance on an elliptical before my 6 month hipaversary!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
:thumb: Sounds like a plan. I want to avoid ever having to go through this again.
 
Elliptical is a great idea. I always thought it was boring but, but I don't want to go through this again either. Might make it more fun to have an actual distance goal. You're doing fantastic if you're already planning a marathon.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk now Free
 
jeanius, it's not like the treadmill was un-boring! I can stand on the elliptical facing the row of TV's at the gym and go for hours.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Good morning BS! Probably about 2-3 miles of walking and 35 tastes of beer last night. There were over 600 US breweries represented with about 4,800 different beers!

Feel pretty good this morning! Getting ready for a trip to the dog park with Snoop!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Whew! Bet it was fun though. I lived in Munich for several years and really enjoyed Oktoberfest. Best to go when the tourists are gone. The last night was always the best. Fantastic music and a huge party.
 
I was with my wife, niece and nephew and a few of my wife's clients. My nephew has been to Oktoberfest in Munich. He says that the GABF rivals that!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Oh, I get it. I think what he meant was as far as US based festivals go, it's close. ;-)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Had a little weather move through this morning... perhaps a bit more achy than usual??

Kids are on fall break...already ;-) went to the gym this morning and put in 2 miles on the treadmill with 1 mile on the cross trainer/elliptical. Finished up with a few if the PT exercises. I do see her tomorrow, so I didn't want to overdo it today!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
PT today. She worked my scar and glute! She found and removed a little sliver of stitch sticking out of the top end of my scar. Guess I'll wait a couple of days to get in the pool!

I hope her ears are burning.... I'm sore ;-) in a good way, of course.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Hey friend I see your still kicking a$$.Those therapy sessions can be brutally effective hugh?They know just how to make it hurt so good.Keep it real in Colorado brother.Back to work soon?Bet thats gonna be great,a newer version of recovery so to speak.Peace out man.
 
Yes indeed those PTers know where how to hit the spot!

You have been posting some great stuff over in you thread! I can't really relate since I was only diagnosed in May of this year. I didn't have to suffer for a long time like a lot of you others did. I almost feel guilty reading those stories ;-(

Maybe it was reading similar tales before that pushed me to have the thing replaced so quickly. Could have a lot to do with the recovery as well. Less muscle loss and atrophy beforehand?

Anyway! I am proud of you and Milli and all the others that are getting on so well considering everything you have all been through!

You are my inspirations!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Ha ha,dont feel guilty because you didnt suffer as long as some of us knuckleheads.Take pride that you must be a couple rungs higher on the evolutionary ladder.I wouldnt wish that misery on Saddam Hussien or Adolf Hitler...OK maybe Adolf Hitler.You know its great that you,from Colorado,me from Ma. ,theres people here from England,Australia,Ireland,the list goes on.All " connected at the hip " those were your words from one of your posts.Very astute,witty and true.Its so much of an importance for some reason to stay connected here.Even the days I dont post its part of my ritual now to check on my bonesmart family read the posts tsk tsk some inspired by others.Im sitting in my truck after just loading whats left of the second chord of wood Im bringing to my sons house,I loaded and unloaded myself,walked half mile this morning at 5 am did 50 pushups 15 pullups,dips etc. Im posting,sitting in my truck,its embarrasing,like a little girl using social media,whats happening to me?My god Im becoming human.
 
Dude! You're just nuts! I'm not lifting much weight yet... Maybe I'm playing it too safe?

Walked .5 treadmill and 2 miles on elliptical today. Did 3/4 of my PT assigned exercises at the gym. I have PT again tomorrow morning.

Thinking about returning part-time to work in 2 1/2 weeks on Nov. 3rd. Then full-time on the 17th. I sit a lot at work and I still can't sit for more than a half hour without having to get up and move around a little. Hopefully a couple of weeks of PT will square that away!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Hey no worries bud Im not lifting heavy stuff yet.Its not like Im lifting a chord of wood,2-3 pieces at a time.Plus I freelance Arborist work as a tree climber so I have every lumberjack/treeclimbing/log moving tool known to man.Ive got these things that look like meat hooks on steroids that makes my work easy,dangerous and fun.Ha ha ha
Pretty psyched your almost ready to go back to work.Im dreading that on my end.Have you been to see your crew at work?I havent been to the " office " yet.I want to make sure my walk is flawless and I can hold a handstand.These guys are like sharks if they smell or sense a weakness it will be a feeding frenzy.They'll stab me right through the front to be the 1st one to stab me in the back.Brutal politics cuz theyre allinsecure.I am and always was secure with who I am.
Yeah Im pretty sure those therapists will iron out any last wrinkles.When I fell off the roof 3 years back my left leg below the knee was like hamburger,my femur crushed the top of my tibia then split it like a piece of firewood.Now I knew all this cuz I had cd's of all the x-rays andnever thought I'd even walk again.My first therapist Nicole looked at me as if I just skinned my knee.Zero sympathy,zero.She had me walking in 3 months.Crazy I tell ya.These hips are a walk in the park.Ok going back out on the balancing beam.Peace bro.Your awesome.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom