Guest viewing is limited

THR Hit the Ground Runnin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your definately right about 90 % mental.Poor snoop,what a goofball.Another beautiful day in paradise here.No,not because of the sox,I to am a Yankees fan.Colorado seems great.Good job if your already thinking about going back to work.That would be cool.Red sox suck dude.Ive done a dozen or so Red Sox logo tattoos on knucklehead Sox fans.I always am amazed at how much sports fans are into theyre teamsWhatever live and let live.Hey have a good day.Peace out yo.
 
I knew I liked you for more than your hip!
I'm originally from New York. Up and down the east coast a couple times; Virginia, Florida, New Hampshire and upstate NY before moving out here back in '98. Colorado is a beautiful joint. Pretty close to New England. We get all 4 seasons, 300+ days do sunshine a year! Most of our snow cones in March and April which means it usually melts in a couple days!

Glad to see you're doing so well! Keep it up. Let those awesome rugrats run you! ;-)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Your an East coaster,thats cool.What the heck made you move out there?I couldnt imagine not being able to walk the beach.Although mountains are a close second.
 
The ocean is the thing I miss the most. I followed my career out here. Denver International Airport was only 3 years old at the time and I knew it was going to be a big player in the aviation world. I studied Aviation Management in school, so it was an easy choice.
 
Guten Morgen!

Day 1 of PT yesterday...finally! Had to wait 3 weeks.

Here it is:
[Bonesmart.org] Hit the Ground Runnin'

There are some modifications to a couple of them written in highlighter that didn't copy. You get the idea. She did some really good massage and stretching with me. A little extra achy last night but overall better ROM. I didn't get her ROM numbers yesterday, I'll ask for them tomorrow. I see her twice a week for a couple of weeks then once a week once I show good progress.

Feeling groovy!
 
Looks good, similar to some of my stretches although I am still limited by the 90 degree rule.

Its great to have a schedule of exercises to follow isn't it?

good progress.
 
Its great to have a schedule of exercises to follow isn't it?
I am the type of person that needs order....in everything! There is a place for everything and everything has its place.

Having a solid workout routine to follow makes me feel 100% better already!
 
Session #2 of PT complete. Whatever they did to me on that table is all in my right glute! Holy crow does my butt hurt! Progressing pretty well otherwise.

That is all.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
As we move further from surgery, we are straying longer distances from home. Some of the planned activities include the Great American Beer Festival this weekend, as well as the Denver Broncos game this weekend. Big target events like this usually include having to park a mile away from the venue.
Bam! 90 day parking permit.
[Bonesmart.org] Hit the Ground Runnin'



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
RICE and more RICE! Those muscles are waking up after a long rest!
 
Wow - you are very lucky you can get temporary permits. I tried here and was told because my disability would be corrected in the future I didn't qualify for a permit. Very upsetting when you literally can't walk with pre-op pain.
 
That's too bad Jaycey. I didn't really think about it until we started planning these trips to places that will include far away parking.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Sorry @Jaycey, I agree you should be able to get a temporary permit. How long are temporary permits in the UK? Here temporary permits in the USA I think are for 6 months, by the time it expires you are able to walk farther.
I got lucky about 5 or 6 years ago I had a doctor that signed a form for me to have a permanent permit.

When I was having good days before my hip or knee went bad, I wouldn't use the handicap spot I would park farther away.
 
You can only get a disabled permit if the issuing agent feels your disability is permanent. Since these agents are not medically qualified I did question this practice. In the end the pain was so bad I would take both crutches and park in the disabled spot leaving the crutch I never used. Madness!
 
Here, they issue a five year renewable disability permit if you have proof of severe OA, particularly in your back..
 
PT kicked my butt yesterday. I was not a happy camper last night. Feel loose this morning! Kids are off from school so we will head to the gym later. So some treadmill miles instead of hard miles on the street.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
2 miles on my favorite elliptical today followed by a couple of the PT assigned exercises and stretches. Home for lunch with the kids, walk to the neighborhood park for some kid play. So far, so good.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Wow! Cannot imagine walking two miles yet or anywhere close! My hip feels pretty sore after 4 blocks (and those are short blocks) with the dog! :). I have found your recovery pretty amazing! It was what I was expecting for mine to be like after all the reading/research I had done...LOL! Boy was I in for a surprise. I enjoy reading about your success. :SUNsmile:
 
Sounds like your hip was toast. Probably explains why you're not out running 5k races yet :) You'll get there as you body allows it! Thanks for the compliment on my recovery. Starting to think I'm not normal. At least certainly not an underachiever. I just go out and do what I can within the limits set by my doc and PT. I just do A Lot of it :dancy: until my body doesn't recover the next day, I'll do it again.
 
No more running for me! I want to save my left hip! I will have to adjust my exercise regimen. :p
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom