THR Hit the Ground Runnin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slow down hot rod. You haven't been to PT yet?
 
Slow down hot rod. You haven't been to PT yet?
;-) nope. They told me I could walk as much as I could tolerate. That was my only instruction given upon discharge. I've snuck in a few heel slides and taking stairs at a normal clip hanging into the handrails. Started driving last Friday as well.

In other news, my wife has been conspiring with the MIL and SIL, both nurses, and have coined the phrase "contradictory wellness". I'll get back to you with a better definition later ;-)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Just got back from a 1.1 mile walk with Snoop! He did very well. He could tell I was not able to go too fast so he stayed right behind me a step or two!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Great progress inthebeginning I am right there with you with the walking thing been told the same, and I saw my PT on Monday for first OP session and she was also ok with the distances although she did say that shorter and more frequent were advisable but if I wasn't in pain then no real issue, I have been doing regular 5-7km walks. Also doing stairs properly, but it makes you realise how weak you are when you push up on operated leg!
I am not allowed to drive for 4 more weeks as the insurance company will not allow here in the UK.
Keep up the good work and inspiring updates.
 
Ok. Here we go. Just saw the doc for my 2 week check-up. He is super pleased! Actually he gave me the option to go to PT or do it on my own at home! Wow!

I asked for a few sessions just to learn how to do it right. He said keep walking, stationary bike is ok. He wants me to stay away from anything too weight bearing because," you're a big guy and it takes longer for the stem to fuse". He also told me a story about a fellow thy tried to climb a ladder 3 weeks post-op. He fell and his femur ended up in 5 pieces :-(

So, no weights yet and no real stress on it until my next visit in 4 more weeks. Walk, walk, walk!

I am happy! Oh, I get to lose the sexy stockings too ;-)



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Planning to walk the kids to school today. .87 mile each way! It's a beautiful day here in Colorado. Looking for about 77* F today and a chance for snow tomorrow! ;-)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Felt good after walking the kids to school. Decided to go to the gym and sit on a spin bike.
[Bonesmart.org] Hit the Ground Runnin'



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Wow inthebeginning, you are a marvel! I'm thinking I need to find an OS who does the anterior approach when the time comes for hip number 2 :)! You are indeed an inspiration, and as I find myself leaving crutches all over the place, I hope that I'm on my way too!
 
Butterfly, the anterior is the way to go!

In other news... Woke up to snow falling this morning. Trying to figure out if the hip feels it much or not?
[Bonesmart.org] Hit the Ground Runnin'



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Wow inthebeginning, you are a marvel! I'm thinking I need to find an OS who does the anterior approach when the time comes for hip number 2 :)! You are indeed an inspiration, and as I find myself leaving crutches all over the place, I hope that I'm on my way too!
Not a marvel, just lucky! If you're already 'leaving crutches' laying around then you are making good progress! Just remember a crutch or cane when you go outside, that's where the real trip danger lurks! We totally 'baby-proofed' the house before I went in so there were no trip hazards around. Once you venture outside however there are no guarantees!
 
Weather update. The snow has stopped. The humidity remains in the 80% range and the pressure is rising.

Yes, it does hurt a little more today.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Slept well last night. Flipped a lot, but slept soundly. At 0630, on my last flip to the un-op side the hip really started aching! From right under the scar straight back to my gluteus medias. Wow!

The weather has cleared and the temp went down to 25*F last night. Not sure if it's that or not.

Anyway, still planning to go to son's football game today! Feels like a win ;-)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
inthebeginning so glad to find you still rocking your recovery :yay:

I agree you area marvel!!!!!

Your dog snoop is adorable. He has the cutest face. In your first pic I could see see the min pin but his face reminds me of a cross beagle breed. He looks like a great friend

Here is my baby Oscar
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Hit the Ground Runnin'
    image.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 223
Oh what a beautiful day.Do you agree my friend?How are you today?I dont have a dog but I do have these two knuckleheads.2 of my 5 grandaughters.Life is good. [Bonesmart.org] Hit the Ground Runnin'
 
inthebeginning, every time I visit your thread I am amazed! You are really doing so well. Glad you are taking your surgeon's advice on lifting any weight. Just a few short weeks so things can settle as they should.
 
How'd you sleep last night?Where are you?Colorado?Whats the time differance,Im in Massachusetts.Woke up to our 3rd day of rain here.Ive grown up my whole life loving the rain.Not so much anymore.Well thats not true,just dont like the old man aches.Im sure you can relate.Any I slept like ****.But the rest of the days gonna be awesome.See you at the finish line.Peace out bro'.
 
Yeas, I'm out in Colorado, 2 hour time diff.
Oh man, rough night last night. More because of my dog than the hip. Snoop got into something yesterday and had an allergic reaction. He has hives all over and is very nervous and scratchy. He didn't sleep well, therefore I didn't sleep well. The couch downstairs isn't quite as comfortable as the bed.

We have a vet neighbor who will stop in this morning after we get the kids off to school. She will figure this out for us.

Glad to hear you're in such good spirits! Wouldn't have anything to do with the Sox, would it? ;-) Personally, I'm a Yankees fan. Sorry to hear about the rain. I felt a little weather last week in the hip when we dropped below freezing for the first time and even had a little snow!

Keep up the spirits and great attitude. I've made up my mind that attitude is 90% of the battle now!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Walked a bit over 5 miles today. Knee is more achy than the hip. 15 min of ice on the hip and it feels great! Other than that, I see my PT for my first visit tomorrow... Looking forward to see what they have for me ;-)

In work news, I spoke to my boss the other day. Told her I would start PT this week and that I see my doc on the 30th. Thinking I may try to go back on Nov. 3rd part-time, then full time on the 17th. That would be the 8 week mark for the full return. My job consists of pretty much sitting. Either behind the wheel driving on the airport or up in the office building taking care of the daily operations. I'll make the decision in the next few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
inthebeginning so glad to find you still rocking your recovery :yay:

I agree you area marvel!!!!!

Your dog snoop is adorable. He has the cutest face. In your first pic I could see see the min pin but his face reminds me of a cross beagle breed. He looks like a great friend

Here is my baby Oscar
What a cutie Oscar is! Snoop is certainly a good mix of quite a few breeds! That white chest plate does lend itself to a beagle-look.

Thanks, but I' m no marvel...just like to push myself a little :-)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom