Guest viewing is limited

THR hipster333 is in recovery<

@hipster333 - stopping by to say hi :wave:
Hope your aches are getting better. I just keep trying different stuff for mine to see what helps. :)
Some good ideas here!

Speaking of... @Mojo333 - that stretch you describe is the one and only lifelong restriction given to me by my OS with the anterior approach. I know you had anterior, too. :what: I guess this is another one of those perplexing differences between docs!

Sorry to momentarily derail.... Have a good weekend, hipster!
 
:shrug: anterior also for me
Actually this is actually for piraformis...I misread your psoasis problem. Maybe @Bumblebee would benefit.
[Bonesmart.org] hipster333 is in recovery<

Not sure why..my PT had me do this also...obviously very gently...and I use a towel to pull opposite leg up. I thought it looked not so great for hip...but think I've seen Josephine post same exercise she has used.
With different physiologies, I am sure your doctor knows best. He had been in there!
Hope all is easing Triple3
 
Last edited:
I just can't get in this position yet! :tantrum: This was an exercise I was given pre surgery that I couldn't do and still can't. My groin hurts too much.
 
Going to derail for a sec @hipster333

@Bumblebee I recall Canucklady's mom, 80 yr old, had some type of groin pain and Josephine
advised her to massage the area. Canucklady took Jo's advice and said it helped her mom.
If you feel like it...check out Canucklady's thread and see if her explanation of her mom's pain fits your pain.

Hi hipster! I hope you're feeling better these days. I'll bet hubby is due back soon. I hope you're able to do something you enjoy this weekend. Big hugs to you!
 
@Mojo333 I've got problems with the psoas and the piriformis (getting it from both sides :heehee:). The stretches @AJinNH gave me seem to be working and I'm feeling much better than I was last week. :fingersx: Like @Bumblebee I don't think I have the ROM to get into the position for the piriformis right now. @TinyMom I love this group--everyone helping everyone because there's at least one of us going through it at the same time.
@Layla feel free to derail anytime!! Hubby gets back next Saturday. (Finally!) My daughter was actually away this weekend visiting her best friend, so my dad, son and I had a nice quiet weekend. Just what I needed. Feeling much better than I was this time last week! :happydance:
 
Hi @hipster333! Glad to hear you had a quiet weekend and are feeling better - yay!!:yes!: And good news that your hubby will be back soon! Hope you are getting some warmer temps your way this week. Spring is trying to get going here.

Have a good one!!
 
So glad you are feeling some better. Nice to have some me time too.
I go back for one year appointment...on my hip surgery anniversary.
Better not be any uh-ohs going on then.:umm:
 
Hi @hipster333
It's good the hear the stretches AJinNH gave you are helping. Also wonderful you're feeling much better.
A quiet weekend may be just what you needed. I'll bet you'll be glad to see hubby in a few days.
The kids will probably be happy too. I hope you have a great week and continue to improve.
 
Hi @hipster333 I saw that one of the problems that you’re having is with a tight psoas muscle. I have that problem too. I hadn’t realized that I was making it worse when I elevated my leg at night (elevating keeps the muscle short and makes it tighter). You want to keep that area stretched. Bending that leg, such as when sitting, driving and elevating are making it worse because it keeps it short and tight.
I have to agree with you....I have a bad habit of bringing up my knees when laying down and now I decided to lay on the floor for 15 minutes or so just stretched out...still feel tightness inner groin but does help ....maybe need to stay there longer and just relax and breathe to get the muscle to release. Egoscue method has some great poses I am going to try. So does Somatics.
 
@Bumblebee if you try that stretch on the edge of the bed by lowering your leg very very slowly you may be able to do it. You don’t have to lower it a lot at first, a little at a time is okay. You should feel a stretch that may be a bit uncomfortable, but definitely should not feel any sharp pains. Don’t do anything that causes that kind of pain. The stretch goes from feeling uncomfortable to feeling some relief. Be sure to not over stretch. Try putting a small step stool or box or something to rest your foot on so you don’t have to lower it all the way down at first.
 
@Bumblebee I couldn't have done that stretch a couple of weeks ago and you're a couple of weeks behind me. Don't push it. I think it will come with time. Try doing it the way @AJinNH has suggested and if it hurts then stop and try again in another week.
Egoscue method has some great poses I am going to try. So does Somatics.
I've never hear of either of these methods. I'll have to check them you. Hoping to be able to start some yoga soon and see if the stretching will help.
@Mojo333 happy 1 year hippiversary!!!! That's so exciting. I'm sure there won't be any uh-ohs. Looking forward to checking out your thread to see how the appt goes.
@TinyMom and @Layla the weather is getting much warmer here. It's going up to 76F here today. hard to beleive that two weeks ago we had an ice storm. :heehee: Kids and I will all be happier once hubby gets home. he won't be travelling again until the fall so we can start to enjoy our summer. :yes!:
Thank you all for your constant encouragement. Feeling better and better everyday now. I'm going to try to add some walking in the evenings now that everything has calmed down a bit.
 
I understand you realize this but please take it easy when you begin walking at night.
Increase your distance slowly. 10 minutes one way means 20 mins total. Duh! :rotfl:
It's easy to keep walking as long as it feels good but then there's the walk back :yikes:
Just don't want to see you suffer a setback. It sounds like you're doing really well!

We have the same crazy weather as you. A blizzard a couple weeks ago and 84 yesterday.
I'm happy to hear your family will soon be re-united and bet you'll have a wonderful Summer.
Hugs for today!
@hipster333
 
Don’t you love that you can track your activity progression with your Fitbit @hipster333? It’s rewarding like you said, especially on the days when you’re sore and to look at your wrist and see that you have good reason to be sore! It’s great too to see that average steps per week increasing, even though the days may not be consistent. The only thing that’s not so great is that it also reminds me of how poorly I’m sleeping. Hopefully I’ll start seeing improvements there soon as well.

Have a great week!
 
Glad to read your update - nice weather, yay!:SUNsmile:

Hope you aren’t sore for too long. This recovery really can be a test of patience, huh? Our minds say go-go-go, but we have to put the brakes on sometimes to avoid overdoing it. Hope you can get a little relaxation time! :)
 
Hope you have a great weekend...the sleep thing will come....eventually.....last piece of my recovery puzzle.:sleeep:
 
:hi: Hi @hipster333
Hubby is almost home....Yay!
Hope you have a lovely weekend with the fam!
 
Hi there, :wave:
Hope you continue to feel stronger each week.
The hubs is back today :happydance: Bet you're excited!
Tomorrow is your Three Month Anniversary :yay: Can you believe it?!
Hope the rest of your weekend is wonderful!
@hipster333
 
Back
Top Bottom