BoneSmart® Hip / Knee Replacement Forum
Joint Replacement Patient Advocacy
and Online Community
  1. RATE YOUR SURGEON ON OUR NEW JOINT SURGEON LOCATOR

Your opinion matters so please click on this announcement to find out how to rate the surgeons you have worked with

You could also go to the Surgeon Locator via the blue nav bar at the top - find the tab "Surgeon Locator"

Dismiss Notice

[THR] hipster333 is in recovery<

Discussion in 'Hip Replacement Recovery Area' started by hipster333, Feb 8, 2018.

1. hipster333

hipster333 senior

Canada Canada
    @Layla it is wonderful having hubby home. It’s been so busy lately I haven’t had time to post. Had my three month checkup with OS on thurs. He says everything looks great and is happy with how my gait is coming. Pain in piriformus and psoas is getting better. More pain now in inner thigh. Hmmm. Pushed it too much on Friday at work running up and down stairs about 12 times to figure out paperwork for track and field on Monday. I should know better, but wanted to be helpful. Thanks sting for it this weekend. :( enjoyed a lovely high tea out with the family today for Mother’s Day.
    Happy Mother’s Day to all of my hippie mom friends!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mojo333

Mojo333 FORUM ADVISOR Forum Advisor

United States United States
    Happy Mother's Day, triple 3
    Hope all is relaxing and sweet.:flwrysmile:

3. Layla

Layla FORUM ADVISOR Forum Advisor

Happy Mother's Day to you too! @hipster333
    High tea...now that sounds like something our friends in the U.K. partake in.
    Sitting in their fancy frocks all prim and proper drinking out of delicate little flowered tea
    cups, pinky finger extended while eating teeny tiny cucumber sandwiches, crust of the bread removed of course. Was it like that hipster? :heehee:

Wonderful news to hear your visit with the OS went well. I hope he offered you reassurance regarding any concerns you had. I'm glad to hear your pain is subsiding, too bad you picked up the inner thigh pain. I'll bet with some patience and TLC it will soon be history. Thanks for the update. It's always nice to hear from you.
    I hope you have a wonderful Sunday!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. TinyMom

TinyMom member

Hi @hipster333 - stopping by to say hi and see how you’ve been feeling. Glad your hubby is back home and that your checkup went well! :yahoo:

Hopefully, that inner thigh pain is just a temporary thing. It’s so hard to limit activity when you want to/need to go-go-go! We just do our best, right?

Take care and have a nice weekend!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Mojo333

I want you to be getting well too, triple 3!:loveshwr:

• Like Like x 1
  6. hipster333

hipster333 senior

Canada Canada
    @Layla our high tea was quite as formal, but we did have the lovely sandwiches, scones, and pastries and drank our tea with pinkies high. So fun!! @TinyMom and @Mojo333 thank you all for your well wishes. Still have the inner thigh pain that actual seems to be a moving pain. It’s closer to the knee right now and having some pains in the knee again. Everyone at home is tired of hearing about pain. :( me included. Have managed to get a bit of gardening done and spent a wonderful day out with my daughter yesterday. Trying to ice as much as I can. ROM seems to be getting better, but limping more when I get tired so need to remind myself to stop and straighten out. Hope you’re all having a great weekend! If it warms up I may try out the pool today and see if that helps. Enjoy your day!

• Like Like x 2
  7. sunnydog

sunnydog new member

Have u or anyone I know had staples put. I heard it hurts bad

8. Mojo333

I sure hope it does...:swim:

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Layla

My knee has plagued me off and on since my THR. I had knee x-rays at 6 months post op and have some arthritis in my knee but they said it was minor? I'm convinced he did something to my knee because it never bothered me before THR. Is the knee bothering you your op knee? If so, did it hurt before your surgery? Just curious.

Unfortunately this recovery can take longer for some but you're coming along so that's good news.
    I wish you didn't have pain @hipster333 it does get tiring. I hope you have a good week!

10. Walkinginthesand

Walkinginthesand senior

@hipster333 and @Layla I am sorry you are having pains. May I join that group? I thought at 4 months post-op I would be PERFECT but still having some obnoxious pain. Like you said @hipster333, it is moving. My knees, both replaced, ache by the end of the day and hip aches. I limp badly after an active day OR starting out after being seated awhile. @Layla, could it be all the realignment? I get frustrated because so many are walking miles and I am doing great, just still aching.

11. hipster333

hipster333 senior

Canada Canada
    @sunnydog I had 22 staples taken out. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It was just a pinch each time one was pulled. The nurse told me she would stop and take a break whenever I wanted, but I never needed to, I was just so happy to get them taken out. My pain went down quite a bit in the hip once they were out. :yay: Hope yours go as well!

Went swimming today @Mojo333. Joint was tight at first, but felt great once I got it going and it seemed to help with my movement later in the day. Considering all of the gardening I did today, I think we're moving in the right direction.!!! :yay: One thing I do need to warn people about--make sure you have enough cloth between you and our friend the ice. Mine was too close to the sking today and I got some ice burn. I think it will be ok, but need to be more careful in the future

@Layla sorry about your knee problems too. I had some knee problems in university when I was competitive swimming and then they seemed to go away. I think they've been getting worse, particularly on the op side in the last year, but nothing like I have on the op side. It's not so bad if I ice it. Once I get things going I'm ok--must be all the dislocation in the surgery. If it gets worse I'll see about having xrays done, but hoping it will settle down along with everything else.At least the arthritis in your knee is minor. Is there anything you do for the pain?

Of course you can join our group @Walkinginthesand mind you, I don't think it's one people want to belong to. I have to believe that we'll eventually get to that happy place where there is no pain,but I can handle a little here and there--especiallhy if it means I'm able to get all of the things I need to get done done (This has been much better for me this weekend). Hopefully your obnoxious pain goes away soon! Here's a flower to brighten your day. :flwrysmile:
    Hope you all have a beautiful week with sunshine and joy! :SUNsmile:

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. sequin98

sequin98 graduate

Canada Canada
    @sunnydog
    I had 20 staples. It only hurt when I lay on my crazy soft mattress at home. Looked worse than it felt. :chinstroke:

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. AJinNH

AJinNH senior

I think both @Walkinginthesand and @hipster333 are right about the knee pain being from realignment and the dislocation. Also, if your leg was lengthened it will cause some issues for awhile. I had a couple of serious knee flare ups prior to my replacement that fortunately haven’t reoccurred since. But my knee has ached in a different way occasionally since surgery. The more stretching I do and the better my hip gets the less my knee hurts. They did lengthen my leg a bit and that has taken a while for my body to make the adjustments. I hope your knee problems are temporary as well.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Mojo333

Just checking in triple 3 :wave:.
    I saw my biggest improvements when I got to month four...hope you are seeing the same.
    Little hanger on issues..mostly activity related, but the light at the end of the tunnel definitely brightened.
    Have a good Day:) :-) (:

• Like Like x 2
  15. Layla

Hi @hipster333
    Hope you're doing well and things continue to improve.
    No, I don't really do anything for my knee. I'ts mainly a stiffness.
    My OS left the practice and I'll see another at my one year anniversary.
    I'll be anxious to get a second opinion in a sense.
    Best wishes for a great rest of the week!

• Like Like x 1
  16. hipster333

hipster333 senior

Canada Canada
    Definitely more improvements over time. Don't need to take any pain medication at all anymore and just icing a couple of times a day. If I push myself too hard then I start to limp, but overall sooooo much better. Thanks for checking in @Mojo333 and @Layla. :wave:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Layla

Happy Monday @hipster333
    Wondering how you're doing and whether it's getting any easier for you at work..
    Hopefully you had a nice weekend. The weather where I live was perfect. For me anyway, lol.
    I hope you're feeling stronger day by day.
    Enjoy the week!

18. hipster333

hipster333 senior

Canada Canada
    @Layla thank you for checking on me. Work is getting much easier! Energy is now back to pre-surgery and feeling a million times better than pre-surg.:happydance: Muscles still giving me some issues, but it's settling down as time goes on. The problem with feeling better is that my schedule seems to be a lot busier and it's harder for me to get on here to check on everyone.:tantrum2: I will do my best to check in whenever I have time. Hope you're doing well and that all of my hippie friends are moving forward in their recoveries.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Layla

Great update, thanks for sharing.
    Jumping back into life is what it's all about. It's the reason we do this.
    Happy to hear you're doing just that @hipster333
    Enjoy the rest of the week!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  20. Mojo333

So glad to hear from you Triple 3.
    I think of you often but getting back to life has been tying up alot of my spare time.
    So glad things are going forward.
    Hiccups are inevitable I think.
    Sending hugs your way.:friends:

• Friendly Friendly x 2