THR Hipster Girl Recovery Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @Hipster Girl, Yes, it does feel amazing to go to the gym. My body was buzzing yesterday afternoon after I got home. I feel so much stronger. I agree with you about getting that other hip done. It's such a relief to have the surgery behind you. It also really makes sense with your out of pocket deductible. All of that stuff makes such a big difference, financially and emotionally.

Your big day is coming up! Will you have the same surgeon? I've got to go back and reread your thread to see how the first surgery went. Thanks for the prayers as far as work. I've been reducing my expenses. I cut back my phone mins. to 400 a month, and I'm spending less on groceries. Take care of yourself. I'm sure you're in preparation mode...
 
@Hip Hip Hooray! That's smart to cut back on expenses where you can. I need to do the same, especially meals. We get take-out far too often so that is definitely an area I can trim. I am almost glad I will likely be going to rehab after my next surgery because they feed me three meals a day and insurance pays for it :snork:

Yes, it will be the same surgeon and I am having the procedure at the same hospital. Everything will be the same so I am happy about that as I know what to expect and I was very happy with the staff there and the hospital is very new and nice with all private rooms. It almost felt more like a hotel than a hospital, it was very nice.:)

I'm in preparation mode for sure. I just took the car out for a drive since I won't be able to drive it for a few weeks & it's not good to let a car just sit for long periods in the garage. I started packing yesterday for the hospital & rehab. The first thing I packed was my back scratcher to reach my calves that get all itchy from those calf pumps - I actually liked the massagey feel of those but boy did they itch! So many little things to remember - phone charger, reading material, etc, etc...

Hard to believe it's almost time for my next surgery but I am sooooo ready to get this done, then all that will be left to do is recover! :yes!:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
haha.....Bionic is right @Jaycey

I know it's major surgery but in a strange way I am almost looking forward to this :egypdance:
 
@Hipster Girl! You have been on my mind all day and I am winging good thoughts your way for tomorrow. You'll be in my prayers and I look forward to reading your update when you feel like posting one.
I'm excited for you!! :yay:
 
Thanks @DeepBreath! I'm so ready to get on with it already! :)

My surgery has been moved up to 7:00 tomorrow morning which I am so glad they moved it up, but now I am running around like crazy trying to get ready. The nerves haven't hit me yet probably because I have too much to do. That said, I'm so ready to get on with it already and by this time tomorrow I will be a double hippie!! :yes!::loveshwr:
 
Ahhh! Nothing like having to rush around last minute! This time tomorrow you'll be a double hippie though!
Take good care of yourself, @Hipster Girl. Prayers are flowing for you...
 
:flwrysmile:Thanks for the prayers and well wishes @DeepBreath! I have the LLD also and mine has been very noticeable since my first surgery (my legs were always even before that). The surgeon says that will even out with my next surgery and I can't wait! It has held me back with my walking progress these past few weeks and I am looking forward to being able to walk & stand without compensating for the discrepancy.

I will post an update as I can but I am the last remaining person on the planet without a smartphone. :heehee: (I am taking my tablet though :))
 
stopping by to wish you the very best tomorrow! I wonder, will you sleep any tonight???
A double hippie!! This is going to make you simply glide when you walk. you will be Mah-velous!!
Seriously, try not to sit up all night, but even if you do, you will get that sleep caught up during surgery and recovery. :heehee:

No smartphone??? the iPad is what I used in the hospital, it was easier to type on. will be waiting to hear that you are on the other side!!!

You've got this!!
 
Thank you @CricketHip and @Grannyhippy! I hardly slept a wink last night but like you said Cricket, I will catch up on sleep in the hospital and/or rehab.

The anastesiologist called last night & said I am the first surgery today, so yay! I'm all packed, got the sterile wipe thingies applied this morning and will be leaving in about 15 minutes. Just wanted to check in with BS this morning since that has become my usual routine - only difference is I can't drink coffee this morning while catching up so I'm a little foggy, haha

I appreciate you guys more than you know! Have a great day and I will check in once I am a double hippie! :SUNsmile:
 
Hi everybody, it 's been a few days since my surgery but this is my first chance to check in. The surgery went great, very little blood loss, no complications. I am in rehab again with this hip but my stay should be shorter this time. I'm doing well with the therapy but the best part is the walking... my legs are now even!! :dancy::spin::egypdance:

I have been offline for a few days so I need to catch up on everyone's recovery. Hope everyone is doing great!
:flwrysmile:
 
Home sweet home! I came home from today so it was a much shorter stay than last time. I did much more walking at rehab this time since my legs are even - I think the staff was getting tired of seeing me in the halls!
:walking:

Home PT should be calling me soon to set up home visits which I am looking forward to. Just getting situated but happy to be home and looking forward to sleeping in my own comfy bed tonight!
:sleep:
 
Ahhh, nothing like sleeping in your own bed. :)
It sounds like you are doing great. Awesome about the increased walking.
Take good care of yourself, @Hipster Girl.
:flwrysmile:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom