THR Hipster Girl Recovery Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woo hoo!! I got a call this afternoon that I got the job!!!

FINALLY!!! :dancy::spin::happydance::yay::egypdance:

Wow! I feel like crying. I am so happy for you @Hipster Girl. You really deserve it. You must feel so relieved. Congratulations. All's well that ends well. When do you start?
 
I'm not sure if I mentioned this yet but their campus is so huge that they have BIKES to go from building to building. Now when I think back to a year ago, there is no way I could ride a bike, or even walk between buildings, without being in agonizing pain. Who would have ever thought I would be in a position where not only will I be able to do it, but will actually have fun doing it! Just one more reason to be grateful for my new hips! :SUNsmile:
 
My business casual clothes will be moving to the back of my closet because the dress code at my new company is jeans casual. I needed some new casual shoes so I went to Walmart yesterday and found these cute little Danskin slip-on shoes with memory insoles. They were around $12 each so I bought a pair in gray, black, white, navy, and a fun watermelon color. They are super comfy but look a little better than traditional tennis shoes. It is going to feel very strange wearing jeans to work but I am sure I am going to love it after I get used to it. :yes:
 
Wow...$12.00 each. That's a steal. They sound really cute. Things are much more casual now. It sounds like a very relaxed, comfortable environment. I can't wait to hear about you work life. You definitely will be dressed in style. I'm so glad that you got this job. You knew what you wanted, and you held your focus.
 
Sounds like so much fun, with your cute, comfy shoes in all those colors, and wearing jeans to work! Your success in finding a job that is right for you, considering how difficult that is these days, especially when we are a bit older, is something to be admired. When we have gotten through THRs, we can get through most anything. I was at an ear/nose/throat doc the other day, and he did a nasal endoscopy, putting a thin tube with a light on the end down my nose to look around as far down as my larynx. Usually they use a local anesthetic, but I waved that away, and it didn't hurt at all. He said I was very brave, and I laughed it off. I said anything he threw at me couldn't begin to compare with what I went through (and am still going through) from THR. They make us strong, I think!

Best of luck with this new job, @Hipster Girl!
 
@Hip Hip Hooray! to be honest, I'm kind of old school and prefer more business casual attire. I feel more professional when I am dressed more professional. But this casual workplace seems to be the norm now so I have to get with the times I guess. I do enjoy wearing jeans but it will take some getting used to wearing them to work.

@Krista what a great perspective and you are so right! This THR process has really made us stronger, hasn't it? I hope you weren't going to the ENT doctor for anything serious. Did your results come out okay?
Thank you for the warm wishes on the new job. It will be a new adventure, that is for sure!:flwrysmile:
 
I forgot to mention that I even negotiated the salary! I have never done that in my entire life - I have always accepted the first offer an employer threw out there, but I am learning so much in all these job search meetings I have been attending.

So...even though their initial offer would have been fine, I asked for a little more on the base salary, and I got the call yesterday that they agreed to come up and meet what I was asking for! So I will actually be making a little more than I made at my previous job :yay:
 
Congratulations to you @Hipster Girl!! I noticed on another thread that someone was commenting on your new position aso had to come over to your thread and see for myself! Wow, you've been through it but you are ready to go forward with your new hips!! Riding bikes at work, no less. :bicycle1:and likes the business
I also enjoyed reading about your weight lifting for the legs and hips.. haven't attempted any weights yet, mainly because I use my lower body quite a bit with my work but would so enjoy getting back to a lifting program. That is good news! My hip is so happy, which in return has me walking around with a goofy grin on my face m out days. I have continued to increase my work load and while I don't want to continue at this pace 12 months out of the year I most certainly am enjoying the ease at working in someone and not paying for it with pain.
My husband still enjoys business attire at work, also. But I have noticed him wearing jeans lately on the more casual days.. :walking: I hope you can have a few more weeks of to really relax and enjoy yourself.. congrats again!!
 
@CricketHip! thanks for stopping by and for the well wishes! Isn't the bike thing just a kick? A year ago, I couldn't have envisioned myself ever getting on a bike again. My hips were bone-on-bone and making crunching sounds. If I was jobless a year ago, I could not have even considered this company but would have to strike it from my list of potential employers. I will make sure I'm careful not to do any wheelies or standing up on the bike like in your emoticon though :heehee:

I'm so glad you are doing well and working at a pace that works for you. It's good that you can make adjustments on your work load if necessary but even better that you have actually been increasing it with no adverse effects. I am sure your clients are thrilled to have you back and it's nice of you to squeeze someone in to your schedule. I'm one of those last minute schedulers myself when I need a massage. I'm trying to do better but I have a tendency to wait until I need a massage like NOW, hahaha

I'm hoping to put off my start date until Monday, August 1st. That's 3 weeks and the start of a brand new month. I won't be able to use any PTO for 90 days so I would really like a little time off on the front end.

It sounds like you are doing well without using weights since you use your lower body a lot for work. I think that makes a difference. I have a sedentary desk job so I have to find some way to exercise those muscles. Just know that it is possible to get back to a weight program if you decide to do it. The weights I am using now are probably what I will continue to use to maintain. I won't increase them much, if any, from here. It feels so good to feel those muscles working and to start seeing some muscle tone again.

I laughed when I read that you are walking around with a goofy grin because I am too and I had a visual that if you and I passed each other on the street, we would both be grinning ear to ear with a knowing nod and smile. :snork: Life is good with these new hips! :SUNsmile:
 
Congratulations on negotiating your salary, @Hipster Girl. That's fantastic. All of your hard work and perseverance have paid off...good for you. I'm so glad that you can ride a bike again. There's something so freeing about regaining that ability. I hope they agree to your August 1st date.
 
@DeepBreath I totally agree on the jeans - everything goes with jeans so it will make picking out something to wear easy peasy! And soooo much cheaper to buy than business attire.:yes:

@Hip Hip Hooray! the actual job duties are not exactly what I envisioned for myself and not really what I was looking for, BUT there are so many positives that there is no way I can pass this up. At the end of the day, a job is a job, and as long as I can pay my bills, it doesn't really matter to me what I do for those 8 hours. My biggest concern was that I would have to take a huge pay cut but that didn't happen so I am feeling truly blessed and thankful.

Some of the positives are: 1) 5% higher pay, 2) great benefits, 3) short commute, 4) jeans casual, 5) on-site gym, 6) on-site cafeteria, 7) regular team building events during the work day.
All in all, I'm feeling really good about things! :flwrysmile:
 
What wonderful news @Hipster Girl! You have been diligent and worked your fanny off during your job seeking journey, so you deserve that increase in pay! I'm so, so very happy for you!!! You will really enjoy these next three weeks with the job seeking burden lifted. I think we all feel as though we each got your new job after having traveled this road with you. I couldn't be happier for you! Congrats my friend!!! :loveshwr::yes!::happydance:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom