THR Hipster Girl Recovery Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Hipster Girl - I love that you asked for more in salary - and you got it! The job situation just sounds ideal for you, too with the short commute, great benefits, on-site cafeteria and gym (!!) etc.!

I hope that you get that August 1 start date. You really deserve a nice break from all the stress. Super congrats to you. I know your job hunting posts will inspire many hippies going through post surgery job hunts of their own. :SUNsmile:
 
((( @Cynthia777 ))) thank you my friend! My BoneSmart family has been such an amazing support system through this entire journey .......or should I say roller coaster......and I can't thank you enough!

@Hip Hip Hooray! you're so right - it is a new chapter. I never could have imagined being in this position a year ago but life takes some interesting turns....some we wouldn't have chosen for ourselves but we just have to roll with it sometimes. I have never been one to embrace change but it is what it is, and I just have to face it head on and see where this takes me.

Thanks @Readysetgo! I haven't gotten my written offer yet so they can't start the background check and everything until I accept, so I do think the August 1st start date is looking reasonable. I do hope my job hunting posts can inspire my fellow hippies who are looking for work after THR. Thank you for all your encouragement and I hope your work is going well also! :)
 
So I have started shopping for new jeans for work and made an interesting discovery. When trying on jeans, what used to fit me before doesn't fit me anymore and I don't mean weight gain but it's like since my dysplasia has been corrected, my hips are wider or something and I'm having a harder time getting my usual size up over my hips. Is this my imagination or has anyone else noticed something similar? :what: :skep:
 
My jeans are tighter, too. I feel like I finally have muscles again. I was terribly thin, and my bones were sticking out on the side of my hips right before the surgery. Dr. Matta said that my bones had moved. (I could feel it happening at night.) The hips were moving out of the sockets, and the shifted closer to the outside of the thighs.

I think the shape of your legs completely changes. Before surgery, my thighs were wasting away...even though I was swimming and going to the gym. Now they have gotten more muscular. The skin is like a sack for the muscle.

I think it's a good sign. You have been working out. We walk differently now, too. It's a completely new body.
 
Oh @Hipster Girl ~ I am so happy for you and excited to hear about when this next chapter begins! You extravagant one you~ You get a job offer and immediately drop big bucks on 5 pair of new shoes! You're going to be stylin', Lady! Well......once you find the right jeans for your new body! Weren't finding the right fitting jeans a challenge before THR......why should now be any different? ~ ~ CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
 
Awww thanks @Nana2-8! :loveshwr:

You are so right - finding good fitting jeans is always a bit of a challenge, isn't it, lol :snork:

And I have added a 6th pair to my shoe collection - I found some tan ones at a different store! :heehee:
 
You are so funny. I love that you have a tan pair, too. My mom was like that; she bought things she loved in every color. My jeans are tighter, too. I think it's good, though. My pants were falling off of me before the surgery.

It sounds like your legs are strong and muscular. Ready for biking!
 
Happy jean shopping @Hipster Girl! I think my body shape has changed a bit also with the surgeries. But I did gain weight during the 2 hip surgery recoveries so it was no wonder I went up a size and had to donate all my old jeans and capris. I was slender to begin with so not a crisis, and thankfully half the weight has come off naturally with just getting back to normal living. But no gal likes it when she's the heaviest she's been in her life (except when pregnant.) The other half of the weight might need some real cardio attention to get rid of it. :upright:
(And I still have that Tanita body scale monitor you told me about on my "wish list"of things to get eventually. )

Oh and my job is going really well. Thanks for asking. The energy drain I felt initially isn't happening anymore. Everything felt a bit chaotic and overwhelming when I first started working again and trying to get things organized and planned for the summer, garden, etc. but things are going more smoothly now. I guess transitions can be tough even if they are "good" ones.

I hope you're thoroughly enjoying this time off before the new job starts. New clothes and shoes for a new you! Very exciting! :flwrysmile:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Hip Hip Hooray! the down side to buying things in different colors is I always feel like I'm wearing the same thing :snork:
I do have problems with my feet and so when I found these comfy shoes, I was very excited, and the price was incredible. I can't remember the last time I didn't have to "break in" a pair of shoes but there is no break in period with these.

@Readysetgo I'm glad your job is going well and that you aren't experiencing the energy drain anymore. You are so right that transitions can be tough, even if they are "good" transitions.

I hope you get that Tanita Body Composition Monitor! It has kept me motivated during recovery because while I have seen the weight go up a little, the fat percentage is going down while the lean mass is increasing, which is exactly what I want to see happen. I definitely am leaner and stronger and my clothes fit better, well except for that getting the jeans over the hips and butt thing. :snork:

I think my hips are now how they are supposed to be and I'm just not used to it. They are wider I guess, I don't know how to explain it - before surgery I used to have kind of boyish hips and a flat butt, and now I have some curves and I do have a butt now. I'm still not used to how my body has changed. I actually bought "curvy" jeans the other day because those are the ones that fit me the best. My legs are much leaner though.
:wave:DeepBreath! Good to see you - welcome back from your vacation! :loveshwr:

It's interesting about the clothes thing, isn't it? It's fascinating how our bodies seem to have changed in such a relatively short period of time. I didn't even have this happen during pregnancy so I'm kind of fascinated by this.
With the jeans thing, I'm just rolling with it. I can remember a time when I would have been upset to have to go up a size, yet this time not only did I go up a size but I bought "curvy" jeans and didn't even bat an eyelash. It's amazing how my perspective on things have changed through this surgery and I don't sweat the small stuff anymore. :)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
My air conditioning unit is on its last legs and is making some awful sounds. I have put about $1500 into it in the last year with 3 different repairs so I think it's time for a new unit. It's going to be tough to get someone out here during their busiest time but I have to do it before I start work because I will not be allowed to take time off for the first 90 days on the new job. I hope I can get something scheduled very soon because it is HOT! :SUNsmile:
 
Hi @Hipster Girl. Sorry to hear you have to replace the air conditioner, but it does sound like it's time. That's a lot of money to spend on repairs. Ouch! I hope you can get something schedule soon, too. I'm glad that you got that raise! Your new body sounds beautiful. I feel like my hips are wider, too. At least they don't hurt. I'll take it.

The new shoes sound ideal. I know what you mean about the break in period.
 
I am now able to get on BoneSmart again. I am still not sure why my IP address was banned? :what::sad: If I said something wrong, I want to make sure not to do it again. I wasn't even able to get on to read others' posts or to pm a moderator. I am sorry if I did something wrong.:sorry:
 
Good to know - thanks Krista! It felt like I lost my BoneSmart family in an instant and I didn't even get a chance to say good-bye.:boohoo:

I thought it was just me - I didn't realize others were affected. I'm so relieved and happy to be back on the site! :spin::dancy::egypdance::friends:

I hope everyone will make a donation, even if it's just a small amount, because I got a small taste of what it would be like not to have BoneSmart anymore and I didn't like it. :tantrum::bawl:
 
You never do anything wrong here. You are the exact opposite. I'm glad you are able to log in again. I hope your hips are still feeling really good. How's the gym going? I added some Pilates exercises to my home routine, and last night my knees started to ache. I'm going to subtract them and hope that the aching goes away...it freaked me out, because I want to stay pain free. I guess it will always be a balancing act with exercise.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom