Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral THR Hippy Toonz

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bad day today. Laid up in bed for a while dreading getting up. Sneezing, coughing, aching everywhere.
Even the hips, which previously have been predictably usable if not slightly sore, are hurting to the point that I think today is just a lay in The Big Chair day.
Took all the drugs this AM. Am now kicked back and surfing the 'net.
I feel awful, but with only this going on, I feel LESS so than I would if I felt like I needed to DO something or GO somewhere.
Only the responsibility of letting the dog out occasionally is annoying.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@DrToonz - Is it possible that you've been doing too much? Are you still icing and elevating? I'm very sorry that you're having a rough time - maybe go back to what you were doing earlier? Of course, I really don't know but I feel a kinship with you and I hate to think of you backsliding. I really hope you feel better soon.

Do you have a fever from your cold? That can make everything ache.

Ha - we posted at the same time!
 
So tough to have a bad head cold while recovering. I had a mild stomach bug for a day or two at about two weeks out and it sucked. Hoping a good day off and nights sleep will do the trick!
 
I hate colds. We passed one around in the family right up until the day of my pre-op last week. I knew it wasn't the flu, but I truly felt miserable. How are you today? It's so gray here today in our neck of the woods that I am camping out in my own version of the Big Chair (bed, really). I have a stash of bonbons (for real), a mug of coffee (not gonna tip it into my lap this time), and charged electronics. I can share all this virtually with you, neighbor to the north! Cheers!
 
A terrible first half of yesterday mellowed out before the evening to be an acceptable day. The cold is still in nearly full force and has become a little less 'heady' and a little more 'chesty'. (here comes some coughing).

The DW and I will attend a show tonight (broken link removed: https://www.cavalia.net/en/odysseo). Hopefully I can quell the coughing temporarily so as to not annoy my neighbors at the event.

My optimism is returning after a serious 24-hour wane.

My hope for/ though of/ returning to work at the 5-week mark is dashed. That's OK, everyone at work is cool with it. It's just a little disappointing because my "improvement scale" slowed over weeks 4 and 5. Hey, no one ever said I'd be average or above. Only that "everyone is different". This coming Tuesday is 6 weeks.

Dr has said they'll approve whatever return-to-work schedule I want to go with. This was said with an encouragement to take as long as possible and a reminder that my surgery was a "big deal" and I had two of them and another utterance of the "don't overdo it" mantra.

That's this morning.
Happy Friday, peeps!
 
So glad to hear you're feeling a bit better today, DrToonz! Yeah a cold can really get you down and sap what ever energy you had. And the improvement scale plateau is not unusual - once the cold is gone you'll start moving forward again I'm sure. Enjoy the show! You and DW need some fun :)
 
Hopefully you feel better for your outing...and it's always nice and makes you feel better when there is something to look forward too! It's great that work is cool with your recovery. You need to know when the time is right, only you know. I lost my job when my boss heard I would need 2, probably 4 months off since I needed to do my hips separately. Take your time, heal and don't stress...not good for the healing process. Happy Friday to you too!
 
I lost my job when my boss heard I would need 2, probably 4 months off
This should be illegal.
[[addendum: I just searched to see if it's legal. The first item I found was a legal brief giving advice as to how to terminate someone who is asking for/ on Medical Leave via the FMLA and giving employers suggestions on how to do it. Sickening.]]
((addendum 2: Here is some information about the FMLA))
So glad to hear you're feeling a bit better today, DrToonz
Thanks. Better, but not good. Actually pretty bad, but in comparison to yesterday it's a freakin' party.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Sickening, yes. He was struggling with his business and needed to downsize. With me being honest months before my surgeries, it was his way out. I was told it was a business decision and that I needed to concentrate on my health! I certainly have and don't miss the place in the least! I do wish him well though...he has a great wife and 2 small children.
 
Saturday update:
Went to the Cavalia show last night. It was very impressive. 66 horses, 40+ people. Amazing acrobatics from both.

The hips were OK for the walk back to the car (like a quarter mile or more). It was a slow walk and I brought my hiking pole.

I'm still pondering when it is that I'll return to work. Now it seems to have as much to do with the COLD as it does the HIPS. Ugh.

The cold remains and has become a headache + coughing. Very annoying.
 
Sorry you are having a bad day. You have been so strong through the weeks and, then, when not strong, able to laugh at your weaknesses. It is very frustrating not to be able to speed the healing process. I agree with the person who told you not to rush back to work. You had 2 major surgeries at once. That doubles the healing time and energy drain. My doc told my boss 12-14 weeks off and I only had one hip done. (Way to scare my boss!) I guess I will need to remain optimistic for you since you are having a tough day. Human progress, as you well know, is not straight up. I say, take the day off, have some Theraflu and a pain pill (narcotics will help with the cough). Kick back in The Big Chair, watch a movie, eat pizza and rest. Big glasses of water with Airborne might help. Close you eyes and think of nothing. Relax. I would say have a beer, but I don't think beer and colds go together very well. Take care. I know a lot of people who follow your thread want you to feel better soon!
 
hi @DrToonz . sorry you feel so crummy. there do seem to be setbacks; colds, backaches, fevers, bad moods etc. and then we regroup and keep on recovering. as long as it just stays annoying, you're ok I hope. fresh ginger,honey, lemon and tea is good. hope you feel better soon.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom