Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral THR Hippy Toonz

Status
Not open for further replies.
@DrToonz I am doing the same thing about moving, not making an effort to move x times a day, just whenever I get up. I have added a couple extra times a day this 2nd week to throw dirty towels in laundry, etc but not pushing it. I do have PT tomorrow so will get some extra movement in. I am liking Josephine's " hips don't need much in the way of movement. And yes after a few steps they loosen up. Sometimes I feel like the tin man looking for his oil can. Sounds like you have the right formula working for you! Have you thought of strapping your pillows down?
 
@DrToonz ...So glad that the recliner is working for you!! I have one so that may be where I choose to roost for at least part of the day and then move either to the bed or couch later in the evening. Will just have to wait and see how it goes. Today is officially 2 weeks til my big day!! I am still awaiting it but there is a mild case of the jitters coming on, not sure if it is nervousness or just excitement at the prospect of getting this thing taken care of. The last year and a half since I started really having debilitating pain have seemed like an eternity. Each day you seem to have something good happening regardless of how small and that in itself is reason to celebrate!! Good going Dr. Looking forward to your next post,as always!

Donna
 
not making an effort to move x times a day, just whenever I get up.
Well, that's where I am. It just FEELS like I should be ACTIVELY participating. Although all I read, and from what I remember when talking to PT person, for the first few weeks/month it's just WAITING for the healing to do its own thing and our job is to just not set it BACK (fall, infect, bump, clot, whatever). Do you agree?
Have you thought of strapping your pillows down?
The way my system is, I could TRY that, but I'd probably not be able to get into the chair with the pillows intact. Maybe later when the elevation thing isn't as critical (does it become less critical?) I'll explore that idea.

I remain optimistic.
 
The last year and a half ... seemed like an eternity
That time waiting when the pain is just getting worse is really trying. I was more of a mess than I recognized. Only in looking back do I understand that. Keep all your options open and remember that wherever you end up, elevate, rest, ice. I'm excited for you!
 
That is what I am doing. The PT wants me to do them 3x day at home but that just makes them really sore so not following that advice either. I move, walk, shower and get something to eat. That is enough for now.....

This too shall pass
 
Oh I loved the recliner my hubby hired for my recovery @DrToonz . Then the dog and the rest of the family would hijack it when I wasn't in it!!!

Glad you are going ok..that dip your mum make sounded yummy!!!!
 
Very important to remember our recovery is our own journey and although we can share our experiences they are ours alone.. You are doing fantastically @DrToonz

Rest = Healing :)
 
@DrToonz - I'm so delighted you are getting such great TLC - that snack sounds delish! Oh and could you figure out how to add the Bilateral tag to your thread? I think it would help folks keep track of how you are doing as well as giving new folks waiting for BTHRs another thread to check out :)
 
Boring day so far. Watched 1/3 of a movie which was SO bad it makes me want to firebomb the Rotten Tomatoes crowd for giving it 70%. Watched a whole documentary called Cutie and the Boxer which was ... mildly interesting.

Watching some Ted Talks now. Napped at about 11. This is a very loungy day. Not bad, really. Just dull.
 
Very important to remember our recovery is our own journey and although we can share our experiences they are ours alone
This is a great and short motto. I agree with it and like it a lot. Perfect.

Oh and could you figure out how to add the Bilateral tag to your thread?
I'm not sure what you mean. My signature has "Bilateral THR" in it. I'll look into 'tags'. Anyone else know?
 
Day 8 post-op.

Last night was my second spent in The Big Chair rather than an uncomfortable bed. It worked out. I do get MUCH better rest overnight that way. Kind of amazing.
Quite 'stiff' when I awoke. My stand-up and go-to-the-bathroom walker-shuffle was a stiffer affair than yesterday's mid-day trips. Could be that my position in The Big Chair is entirely static all night long.

Still suffering from the "how much moving to do" conundrum. I'm just settling on my getting up only when i need to use the bathroom or something. Stiff and sore at first then a bit more fluid after a few steps.

I get to see the OS for my first post-op visit tomorrow afternoon. I'd like to get a list of questions for him assembled before-hand but have yet to start that.

As of now, at this 8-day mark, I really like this recovery thing is REALLY REALLY SLOW. Since it's not backward, but overall seems to be forward progress, I'm not too worried about it, but I would like someone (the OS?) to tell me that this is normal and reassert my timeline expectations.

My mom brought me a basket for my walker.
[Bonesmart.org] Hippy Toonz

OK, so I'm going to relax a bit and then watch the Seahawks parade/rally on TV this morning.

I remain optimistic.
 
@DrToonz Oh , a fishing basket! That's a great idea!!
I am glad you continue moving forward to where you want to be.
:SUNsmile:
 
What a great idea with the basket! i was given a cloth bag to hang on mine while in the hospital - made by the auxiliary ladies - very helpful!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom