Bilateral THR Hippy Toonz

Status
Not open for further replies.
You experienced breakthrough pain @DrToonz, fortunately it was caught in time - still early days in reducing your pain meds it seems considering you are recovering from two separate surgeries (albeit at the same time:))

Keep the fun and positive posts, we are so enjoying sharing your journey with you good friend :)
 
@DrToonz....Ok dude you have me crying I was laughing so hard. That is a funny analogy, would have never thought to use modesty napkin to describe it but hey it works!!! You never cease to amaze me, not only with your wit and humor but how well you are doing after having a double. Loving the stories, please continue to keep us posted.
 
I did what the doctor ordered today. I got up and moved around more than I recently have been. I even took a shower ALL BY MYSELF (albeit with a Pit Crew standing by 'just in case'). I just moved like a slow sloth. Not "Slow, like a sloth" mind you, but "Like a slow sloth". Read accurately you'll see that there is a considerable difference.

Now I'm clean, comfy, tired as hell and my right hip hurts a little more than I wish it would. My caretakers have left the building [and took the dog with them] so I'm (doctor said this was OK) all alone.

So.. It's NAP TIME!!

Goodnight my friends. We'll talk soon.

PS:
Ok dude you have me crying I was laughing so hard
Love this. Happy to help!!

You experienced breakthrough pain @DrToonz, fortunately it was caught in time
That's it! I'm still OK with reducing the Oxy, but I'm not going to go cold turkey just yet.

I remain optimistic. :)
 
Hi @DrToonz nice to hear you got those staples out....love the story!!!

Your writing is fantastic and very informative for others waiting to go through the surgery

Keep up the good recovery and writing!!!
 
Great update. I too still take hydrocodone like when going out to eat tonight. Did good and had a good time. Nice to get OUT.
 
Dr. Toonz, I had an opportunity a while back to see sloths in their native environment. They resembled big mops of hair, ambulating with microscopic slowness in tree branches. I am trying to reconcile this with your earlier shower. All I can conclude is that you had better make sure the shower drain isn't clogged.

:)
Sharon
 
But get DW to check the drain @DrToonz .... [Bonesmart.org] Hippy Toonz
 
It occurred to me after your recent post that maybe one reason I was up easier than you could be that I had no staples to deal with. I think this May make my incisions (glued and steri stripped) easier to deal with, plus I had water proof bandage so got to shower while still in the hospital, creating more and earlier movement. Even with thy you should be feeling better every day from here on out. I have declared today my rest day so taking it easy all day so maybe I can make if out to church tomorrow. Happy rest day to all of you!
 
I liked the glue/steri strip method too - could shower by putting press n seal over dressing. Staples look more uncomfortable and I think you'll be glad to have them out
 
@DrToonz , just checking on your recovery and you are indeed making great progress. Easy does it on the walking. Go 1/2 the distance you think you can go so you have the energy to get back. Enjoy the Olympics!
 
Fortunately you can learn from my mistakes! :heehee:
 
UPDATE: I severely reduced my Oxy use in the last few days. I'm now down to 1 pill now and then from my original 3 every 3 hours. I've had just 2 in the last 24 hours. One just before going to sleep last night about midnight and one when I woke to pee at like 4am. I'm still on the ibuprofen/acetaminophen/aspirin regimen which I will keep up for (the month?) per doctor's orders (inflamation/pain/clotting prevention).

I JUST MADE MY OWN BREAKFAST! This may seem insignificant to some, but that means I shuffled around the kitchen fetching eggs/ cutting my sausage/ back to the fridge form some salsa/ back to the other side of the kitchen for a bowl/ woops...back again for a fork... blah blah walk walk shuffle shuffle.

By the time it was ready to eat (yummy by the way), I was DONE and just wanted my freakin' Big Chair. So that's where i am now. Full belly. Remote in hand. Computer on lap. a little fatigue/minor pain in the upper legs/hips.

I'll get my over-the-counter regimen going on and give them 45 minutes or so in order to decide if I feel like I need an Oxy.

The DW has some stuff to 'get done' so she's out for a while and I'm all by myself (well, me and Indie the dog and Luna the cat) I'm going to have to fend for myself for a bunch of hours. This is a first for this length of time. I can't imagine it being a problem, but it is definitely different.

I remain optimistic!
 
That is a good job. And you feel like you CAN take care of yourself some! A great accomplishment. I stuck to sausage biscuits for myself so KUDOS to you! Each little accomplishment makes you want to try a little more next time.
 
Never insignificant, great job! After my first surgery, I had restrictions...no bending, but there was this "something" on my tile floor in the kitchen that was driving me crazy! I got a piece of tape out of the drawer, raised my walker up on the counter, stuck it on one of the legs and got it! Problem solved. It's the small things, really!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom