Guest viewing is limited

THR Hippity Doo Dah!<

“Miss Ruby” that I had been after for ages (my dog’s name).
Meet my grand daughter Ruby :) Yes, her hair really is that red!

[Bonesmart.org] Hippity Doo Dah!<
 
Oh my goodness she is adorable! The curls with that hair color, she is just too much!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Just a heads up, hoping to save others from my golden ticket to the ODIC. I have been really sore all week, needing more painkiller, difficulty sleeping more than a couple if hours. Needing more aide support. When I am standing, I seem totally clued into my 90 degree rule but as my husband pointed out to me last night, when I am sitting I am exceeding 180 degrees. Because I can't stand for long periods yet and have this darn cooking fascination, I often sit in my wheelchair with a big cutting board in my lap, which is fine. But, I am constantly reaching into the fridge, cupboards, oven drawer, etc. breaking the restriction. He just happened to get home early last night when I was still at it and pointed it out. I don't understand why I wasn't realizing myself! So, I am being forced to rein it in for the next few days because the pain is hard to even manage.
 
OMG what a gorgeous red head... & what gorgeous curls...I have a granddaughter exactly like that... Emily... the love of my life.. !!!
So sorry about the pain... at least you’ve worked out why... no more now @Carriemay60
Hoping it feels better soon... can only recommend red wine.. it works for me!!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thank you, she has a real spitfire personality to go with it!
Red wine bothers my tummy but it seems to be handling a cold beer whilst sitting on the porch :heehee: which is to be followed by fish & chips out tonight and then a nightcap of Baileys on ice :curtsey:
 
Yes, yes, yes.. I find myself reaching across the table, my desk, etc... i even absentmindedly reached down and picked something off the floor. All signs that we are feeling better... except it will make us feel WORSE! A cruel twist.

Hope some rest is all you need!! (Plus baileys, yum!)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Good news / bad news :nah:

I got out in the garden today and with my son's help got a planter done, planned a few bits and did some pruning (sat on my roller walker for a lot of it). I enjoyed every single minute so much!!
Unfortunately a mosquito followed us in and has bit me 3 times around my 2 small toes on my op leg. Driving me crazy but have had a pretty decent aggressive rubbing itch followed by some glycerin (can't find the benedryl) with a little help. Not being able to scratch my own bite could really pitch me over the edge!
 
Try icing it @Carriemay60
Good for inflammation as you know. Grab a bag of peas or an ice pack :ice:
Hope it stops itching soon.
 
Darn mosquitoes! Sorry about your poor toes @Carriemay60 Your granddaughter is adorable. Her fiery personality will serve her well! Hope your pain works it’s way out. :console2:
 
I bought an extended length back scratcher for that very reason! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Ruby is so so cute! hope the itch is gone today. I have a hard time controlling it and usually end up scratching so much I cause some damage to my skin. This has happened in the tropics many times. I recently heard ice does help as does white vinegar, roll on deodorant, calamine lotion for short periods and if all else fails and antihistamine to stop the scratching. Good luck!
 
Hi @Carriemay60 your little granddaughter is a sweetie pie :) I am sorry that you have had a bit of a setback....they are just not fun! However, we all know the drill by now.....most important is rest. That gets more difficult the nicer the weather gets, too. This too shall pass. PS A cold drink certainly does go a long way, doesn't it?!
 
The itch hangs on but only at night! Last night I was up at 1am trying to itch it with a long nail file :heehee:

My hip has felt quite tired and sore all week. Also like it's fatiqued. I am convinced it's from a bit a bit too much bending but now that my hip can bend without shooting or harsh pain at the time, I am bending before I think about it and feel the regret shortly after. Home alone today and dropped my morning Tramadol on the floor. With a dog, I instinctively dove to pick it up.

The sun is out today so I think I will enjoy getting out for a little walk once or twice! :flwrysmile:
 
Hello :hi:
Itching is the worst! I'm sorry you're still bothered with that. Have you tried icing, or an antihistamine?
I hope having the house alone today, coupled with some fresh air and sunshine works as hitting a "reset" button.
Wishing you a peaceful day and weekend!
@Carriemay60
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom