THR Hippity Doo Dah!<

@JennyLynne My husband was storming around today about moving to an apartment. He had just cleaned the gutters which included the foam gutter guards I paid a few hundred for 3 years ago because I was so scared of him falling off a ladder or the roof. He claims they contribute to leaks.... Pffft. He has become unbearably lazy the last 2 years, especially with outside work but he complains if I hire someone saying they do it wrong for too much money. Ongoing joke in our house is for him to drop dead before retirement because he's worth much more, especially if he kicks at work!! :hissy:
 
So glad you're not cooking! It does seem to be the little things that get us down like that.
Couldn't help but :giggle: about your husband, boy does that ever sound familiar! Can't hire anyone because they don't know what they're doing either! :whistle:
 
I'm still doing toddler steps up and down our steep stairs @Carriemay60 and I'm much further on than you. Haven't been into the attic or cellar for nearly 12 months. I hate to think what awaits! Husband is a great hoarder...and I'm still sleeping in what was the dining room. Who dines in a dining room anyway these days ? And I've made a nice little boudoir in there and I'm next door to loo and kitchen. I find I can walk a long way on the flat (still with cane outside) but walking up and down our hill is still such hard work. Think I need to do more as it's probably unused muscles, but then it's painful! Perhaps I need physio help now...:scare:
 
@Carriemay60
People are rude in stores...no thought only for themselves!!
I put my crutch out in front so I can ward them off!!

Since my first THR I’ve never adulted on stairs.... toddler style all the way! But 8 flights... wow! That’s a lot of stairs...

Funny about your hubby as mine did ours yesterday.... only after I said I would get someone in to do ours if he didn’t....& today he is doing the conservatory roof.. special times ...[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Hope your good weather returns.... it’s been unusually good over here... so lovely to recover in the sun...

Dont be too quick to take back all the chores... one/two a day is enough... it will come quick enough & you will be doing it all and then there’s no going back [emoji23][emoji23]

I’m quite a few weeks ahead of you & can do pretty much all I want or need to...time is the healer... got the rest of our lives to do it all.

Never had vietnamese food but I’m sure it’s delish .. hope you enjoyed it.

Hope today is good for you... Chrissie xx


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
@Hoppy Nanny Sorry to freak you out with "8 flights of stairs" - Yikes!!! :shocked: I have fixed the typo now. It's 2 flights of stairs, 8 steps on each flight.

I am trying to be careful about reclaiming anything that involves work :whistle: Today I am really going to push the boat out and unload the top rack of the dishwasher if I can fit it in to my busy schedule :happydance:
 
Completely agree on steps and crowds shopping. @Carriemay60 I especially freak when I see a little kid running with one of those kid size carts. I’ve abandoned a few carts and hurried to car for safety. We have a basement that I haven’t made it to in 8 months. Our son told me the other day, not to come down, as the dust would make me cry. LOL.
 
Last edited:
:no-fin::no-fin:
I would take it very easy @bickypeg .... and @Carriemay60 . One does not want to rush things such as dishwashers, bedmaking, cleaning the bath, vacuuming, making beds, etc. After 9 months I still have issues when even contemplating such very tough tasks.....

. Amazingly, walking, swimming and sailing are easy so maybe I should advise myself to stick to those ;/)

:loveshwr:
 
@Carriemay60 fabulous you did the stairs! and good you stopped when your muscles started screaming! love your writing! I find it hard to keep my ice pack cold more than 20 minutes. The large bag of peas I had from Costco used to stay cold long but got too heavy for my hip. We went to the garden store yesterday which was open and got lots of annuals. Looks very colourful here which helps with healing. Take good care of yourself!
 
@SE Florida I am fine, I had a couple of appointments this week and I've been home alone this week so have quite a bit more to accomplish solo. I made the mistake of prepping a few veggies a few weeks ago and now they think I can cook a whole dinner every night. Hubby might catch on soon once it dawns on him that he hasn't eaten before 8pm all week :heehee: Everything seems to take so long to do! We've had some nasty bad weather (another big thunder & lightening storm just starting now) so feeling like a proper meal but would have been smarter to prepare for sandwiches a bit.

@lotusbuds We got those couple of days where my son was able to get some yard work done but now he's been in Toronto all week working 12 hours days and it's been very wet here so nothing more done yet. I still have to get out to the garden centre but have a shortlist of some flowers and a couple of flowering plants I am interested in. Hoping it will quiet there this weekend. I am really craving some colour!
 
made the mistake of prepping a few veggies a few weeks ago and now they think I can cook a whole dinner every night. Hubby might catch on soon once it dawns on him that he hasn't eaten before 8pm all week :heehee:

So funny, so true! Just like the poor people who go back to work early and get dumped on.
You have to be careful because when you're back....everyone assumes You're Back!
Have a good one @Carriemay60
 
Glad all ok @Carriemay60
It’s amazing how quick these chores come back under your jurisdiction... my hubby seems to have forgotten my op now!!!
Everything does take twice as long.. going back & forwards to cupboards & fridges.

Hope you are able to pick up your plants & flowers soon!
I’m a hosta fan (read obsessive) & managed to get one called “Miss Ruby” that I had been after for ages (my dog’s name).
Little things!!!
Have a good weekend xx


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
@Carriemay60 So true about the husband. I mentioned that I'll be at 3 months soon and mine looked blank......and was like "what"?! :rotfl: It's probably strange for you to be on your own this week but at least if you feel like sneaking a walk, there isn't anyone there to stop you! That meal prep is a killer though! :SUNsmile:
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom