THR Hippity Doo Dah!<

Good for you that you reached one of your goals and got a long walk in. I drove around our area to find lakes or parks that have circles and ideally benches. It helps to know I can see where I’ve started. Sweet of your hubby to go with you.
 
Awesome! Sounds like a lovely walk! It’s hard to concentrate on the ground... and the stride... and the back... and the... ugh you get the picture!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I take "Calm" magnesium from the health food stores. My husband drinks a bit of pickle juice and it takes his away. I always keep some fresh when on vacation in our motor home too. It really works for him and others we know. But "Calm" powder form is an excellent source of magnesium supplement also.
 
@SarahBee I have been caught 3 times today moving in the house without my cane. I just seem to walk out of the kitchen without it and not even realize it. However, as soon as someone points it out, I realize I am limping so I need to remember it and use it a bit longer for sure. It will come, when my hip is ready. So happy to hear you have had some happy times with your grand babies and getting back to your pre-hip life. I thought my story had been a very long one but yours doubles mine and you must feel absolutely reborn. I rejoice with you!
:loveshwr:
 
@Carriemay60 That's the first clue that soon you won't need your cane at all! So funny how it happens all of a sudden like that........oops, where's my cane?! :heehee: Glad you're still using it to work on your limp though. But it won't be long!! You're really on your way now! :walking:
 
@SE Florida Yesterday I went to a big home/gardening store taking my life in my hands! :heehee:
I was using my cane at first and thought between that and the look of sheer terror on my face people would give me space. Silly of me, I know. I got bumped into quite a few times but once quite hard and threw my balance so we found a mobility scooter with a shopping basket on the front. One woman was in such a panic about not being in front of me that when she tried to squeeze by at a half run, she tipped into the basket a bit. People are ridiculous. I left without my seeds, plants and fun stuff but did manage to get the stain for the porch. Today is a holiday here (Victoria Day) and in my province everything is closed including grocery stores so sadly I can't putz with my flowers and seeds. Thankfully, we made it to the liquor store before everything shut down last night :cheers:
 
@Carriemay60 - I think I might have been using one crutch still at your stage of recovery. for some reason people saw that but did not see the stick and kept out of the way of the former but not the latter. The first days out at supermarkets and busy places are quite scary I found!
 
I made sure that I took my walker while going through Sam's Warehouse. I actually needed it to get through the whole store anyway but boy, people sure cleared the deck when I came through! :heehee:
 
If I had thought ahead that I would be unguarded at all I was have taken the walker. At the time I thought "how stupid". Of course people go in different directions especially when one is trying to find a scooter!
:giggle:
 
Bit of a lousy weather day and all stores closed so decided to get creative and try the two, 8 step flight stairs to the master bedroom. The house is 70 years old and what is now the master suite used to be an attic so the pitch & tread on the stairs is a bit higgily piggily. Railing on one side. I got there and back, threw a bag of spring/summer pants off the top landing but not my favourite adventure. I tried alternate feet for 2 steps but felt my groin & butt muscles scream in protest so reverted to toddler style. Been icing since but still quite sore.
 
Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom