THR Hippity Doo Dah!<

@Layla I have been using benedryl cream. Reluctant to take another pill though. Also taking a Chinese herbal cough syrup at night because I just don't have enough bugging me! :whistle:

Off my kitchen, there are four stairs that lead to our side door. If you turn round the corner it would take you down another bigger flight to the basement and laundry room. There are no banisters so I have stayed away. I had some recycling sorted and was going to ask hubby to take it out when he gets home but then thought "Try". I got down with my cane, emptied the pail I was carrying and got back up like I taking a short few steps in the kitchen. No issues at all !!! I honestly didn't need my cane at all and will leave it next time.
I haven't been doing the laundry for 5 years because of the stairs and fear of falling if I am carrying a laundry hamper. My husband is fine with that because he is more afraid of me falling than I am. (he witnessed my original hip breaking fall and was there in minutes when I fell and broke my leg - a bit traumatized. I thought he was going to going to have a coronary when I had a bad trip the other night)
So that's my latest drama.
Disclaimer: this message will self destruct so no one in my house ever knows I may eventually be capable of those basement steps to do laundry! Just need a few more years until my retirement home and main floor laundry! :egypdance:
 
@Carriemay60 love your disclaimer, too funny! But, good job making it down and back.
Hopefully you'll find the right remedy for the itching. There's something here a friend turned me onto a few summers ago that works well. It's called Chiggerex 2x power, for chiggers, ticks and all bug bites. It's in a small white jar with a red lid. It works pretty well. See here in Texas our mosquitoes are big enough to have their own tail number and add in the dreaded chiggers!
:yikes:
 
Went out for dinner with my husband tonight and didn't take my cane!! I still get nervous around other people but find the cane awkward once at a table to make sure it doesn't fall or knocked. Just had him hold my hand for security. Had to explain to him the difference between holding my hand like a date and holding my hand and arm in a death grip though.
 
I know exactly what you mean re the “death grip”... I am loving your sense of humour you paint everything as pictures through words which is a great talent to have. Hope the itching resolves itself...

Just be careful on those stairs without the cane. I think your hubby should put an L plate on your back!

I have just booked a pedicure for next week. Have not had one for ages as have been able to cut my toenails myself. Yay! Spoiling myself as have saved a fortune doing it myself...my nails hate gels so going for the normal polish... End of Fashion Newsflash!
 
Disclaimer: this message will self destruct so no one in my house ever knows I may eventually be capable of those basement steps to do laundry! :egypdance:

Hahaha! We won't tell.
I hope you enjoyed the dinner out with hubs and have a wonderful weekend. You're doing great!
@Carriemay60
 
Death grip indeed!! But still a nice step in the right direction.

We are going on a “date night” tonight for the first time. Do I take both sexy crutches, or just one? Hmmmm....


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@JennyLynne Decorating your crutches might have been an idea but I assume you are already out without my idea :heehee:
Excited for you both that you are getting out. I envision you gazing into each others eyes and simultaneously saying "Phew, we survived - now hurry up and eat so I can go home and ice". I hope you enjoy your evening out and reconnect on a different level than patient/nurse!
:giggle:
 
Restaurant without a cane! Giddy with that image. How long has it been since you’ve been able to do that @Carriemay60 ? Really happy for you. It’s been such a long road. ❤️
 
The last couple of weeks I have it been finding it okay to sleep up to 1/2 the night on my non-op side. I quickly default to that because I am side sleeper and have been doing it more & more.
However, I have also noticed (just dawning on me the last day or two) that my hip & op side buttock are much more sore.
Wondering if it's related and I'm on my side too soon? 8 weeks out. With the last surgery when I tried too soon my body protested immediately but now it's comfortable enough so not sure what to make of it? I'm sure I'm not overdoing it with other stuff because quite frankly, I'm a bit too sore to feel like much walking. Any similar experiences?
 
Yes! I can identify with this. Tended to stretch too far in my bad hip when sleeping in my good hip. Are you still putting a pillow between your legs? If not give that a go...
 
Ok! Good. I did find that, I had to alternate between back sleeping and good-hip side sleeping as too much time on the good hip did seem to get the op hip side to overstretch. All resolved in time though. I think it was about a month after that I could sleep on my non-op side...
 
I’m still mostly back sleeping @CarrieMay
I try & go on both sleeping sides at some point during the night but it’s certainly not the most comfy!!! Neither side seems to like it! Hey Ho.. sure we will get comfy soon...
Sounds like you are doing great... have a good week.. Chrissie x


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Any similar experiences?
:wave: there. I am 2 1/2 weeks ahead of you but try as I might I cannot lie on the op side. Quite comfortable on my back with small pillow under my knees which migrates to between my knees when I turn to non-op side. I tend to flip flop in the night. I just keep trying till I conquer as I have always preferred my left side. Hubby and I always used to be 'cliff hangers' but now I have to face his handsome face as he has turned inwards. :whistle:

Have a lovely day and I hope the weather is kind to you.
 
Thank you @SurreyGirl @Hoppy Nanny @Izabel

Reassuring, thank you. I want to lay on my non op side so badly but not if it's going to leave me sore all day. Last night I persisted with staying on my back. When I woke at 4:00 am I almost got up for the day because I was ticked off sleeping on my back but eventually went back off. I don't want to speak too soon as I am only just up but my hip / butt may feel a bit better.
I didn't seem to mind back sleeping the first month or so but maybe that was because I was more drugged? :heehee:
 
It probably was the drugs @Carriemay60! I think we're all so medicated initially that it just makes it easier to sleep, even sitting up! I can lay on my non-op side for about an hour using a pillow but I can't get comfy enough to actually sleep. It has happened 3 or 4 times when I'd really konk out for a couple of hours but it was very painful trying to get up and lasted a few hours. :blackcloud:
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom