THR Hippity Doo Dah!<

:driver:Vroom, vroom @Carriemay60! No rush indeed, I've only been doing short drives for a couple of weeks. Yesterday I took my hubs for a 2 hour drive to look at a house and 2 hours back home. My hip did great but my back & butt screamed for the last hour of the trip! Not fun, the house we looked at was a disaster and I still feel like a truck ran over me today. :gaah: I think I'll stick to short trips for another month or two! Happy to hear your OS appt went so well. I knew you could rock it, so proud of you! :yay:
 
@SE Florida Thank you :loveshwr: I am very pleased for sure! What a drag to make that long drive for nothing worthwhile. That must have been very disappointing to say the least.
 
The best part was stopping at a beautiful park with miles of walkways surrounding a large lake. It's actually a hilly, more forested (peaceful!) area in central Florida. And I could actually WALK without any hip pain! It made the horrible drive home worth it......but I still have to whine about it, lol! :whistle:
 
Hi CarrieMay, so glad things are going well. It seems so freeing when you can drive yourself. I didn't really miss it until I couldn't do it. Last week I drove my sons little car for a few days. It has a clutch, so I was a little worried, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It think if I drove it longer, it would be a problem.

Buffets were great for my sons, also, so they could fill up those hollow legs!
 
Oh fantastic news!!! I am so happy for you! and to be walking without a cane or counter top...it is amazing isn't it!
great report from your 6 week check up too. Hey you were/are a social worker? me too.
You are doing so well...congratulations!
 
I have been getting a pretty intense foot cramp along the side and arch of my good leg. I've had it several times since surgery but have noticed they are getting closer together and the one last night was really intense and It took ages to pass. Wondering if anyone else has had this and/or hints on how to handle it. It seems strange to me that I am getting it in my good leg?
 
Hi @Carriemay60
The cramping sounds miserable. Sorry you're dealing with that. The only suggestion I would have is Magnesium. Many have tried it for various cramping and spasms after THR and have had luck.

Magnesium supports the following:
Bone health
Healthy blood sugar
Cardiovascular health
Muscle relaxation and nerves
Promotes healthy sleep (falling asleep and staying asleep)

An article on Magnesium -
https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/magnesium-is-a-star.20301/

It's worth some consideration if you haven't already tried it.
Hope today is a good one! :SUNsmile:
 
I have had those for the last few years, on and off. I find that once it happens, it will happen several more times over a week or so, and then it stops for a while.

I do take a magnesium supplement but I don't know if it helps.
 
Hi again @Carriemay60
Short derail to answer a question but since the discussion is here I will elaborate for @bickypeg

For what it's worth -
The form hubs and I've taken is Magnesium Glycinate.
A nutritionist I meet with on ocassion recommends Magnesium in this form since some of the common side effects of Magnesium are diarrhea, cramping and digestive upset. Magnesium Glycinate supposedly has the fewest side effects and doesn't cause digestive upset.
 
New hip, increased mobility, different posture and gait!
I had many niggles along the way...
Great to see how well you are doing and hope the cramps are shortlived.
Glad to hear you are now side sleeping!
It was So Many Months post op for me :sigh:
 
Just home from my longest walk so far. It's been a little while since I've been for my walk with my husband instead of my son and he seemed quite nervous. Any little pebble and his hand would shoot out to "rescue" me. :heehee: I made it to the little park at the end of our street which was one of my goals. They are building a little splash pad there so after a bit the path gets blocked off before any benches. Pretty sure I could have gone further if I'd had a place to rest so may need to find another option. I have to concentrate though. Hubby mentioned a neighbour as we passed her house and I automatically looked towards her house instead of watching my feet. Just about fell flat on my face!
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom