THR Hippity Doo Dah!<

One single step too high could also do it.

Is that enough of the physio visits to keep OS happy? I think you would be better not going again and not doing the exercises.

@Klassy I am booked for next week and okay with that because the only the experienced guy is helping me with my gait then. When I would be due again the following week, I am also due for my OS visit so when I go next week, I will just say I will phone to book the next one and not phone..... EVER!!! I did like what the PT showed me with my walk and wouldn't mind his critique after a full week on the cane but then that is enough! As for my kids that think PT is a gift from the heavens, I will just lie and tell them I was discharged. I've lied to them before, they'll get over it! They never did find how the rabbit really died.
:rofsign:

Good Morning, @Carriemay60
I'm sorry you're struggling and suffering pain today. Bridges are surely the cause of your set back, along with the marching step style leg raises. Bridges are a core strengthening exercise and put a great amount of pressure on the hip joint area where soft tissue and muscle has just been traumatized. I'd refuse to do either of those movements going forward. I hope with lots of icing and rest you're feeling like your old self again soon.
Hugs :console2:

@Layla Thank you! I instinctively thought it was the bridges when I saw Chappy's post this morning. I had planned on never doing those darn it! I didn't do any marching, just very shallow steps up and down slowly - that just felt like a very gentle stretch on my quads and that is not sore today. I will sit in my corner today and write "I will never do bridges again" 100 times :heehee:

@Carriemay60 I just read your post in ChappyD's thread. I am so sorry that you're in so much pain today. Praying that the ice and rest give you some relief soon. We all get carried away with over-doing it sometimes but it will get better. :ice: Hang in there. Just think of how good you've been doing with your walking and maybe just stick with that! :console2: Recovery is such a long road, isn't it :oyvey:

Following SE Florida over to tell you how sorry I am you are in such pain, @Carriemay60 . Seems just when we are progressing, something comes along to throw a wrench in it. I hope you get wonderful rest and recovery this evening and tonight, and feel 1000% better tomorrow. :friends:

@JennyLynne No, no and NO! :bignono: If you read ChappyD's thread, see Layla's post........not good to do bridges. It must be that time in rehab for you guys where the PT's start pushing this. Hit the "ignore" button when they ask. All of you are doing too good for this kind of set-back! :groan:

Congratulations on so many things! using a cane is huge and I hope you can walk in to see the surgeon with the cane even if you have to use the walker half way. Grocery shopping, so many things...isn't it great. I also love mani pedi's and the place I go to uses the plastic as well. The whole thing takes about an hour as I bring flip flops so it can dry in the air. I also bring my own polish. I don't do it in the winter unless am going on a holiday in the sun to give it a break. I also have lately been asking not to have my cuticles done every time to avoid nicks. I only go every 2 months or more. My last one was right before my surgery so its been almost 9 weeks. I cut the nails on my hands and filed them need to step back and stay home. I'll go next week. Let us know how it goes.
Hope the weather stays nice for you. Those prairies are covered in snow.

Thank you all so much for all the love & support. Definitely my worst day yet. I feel a combination of feeling mad with myself for not paying more attention and sad at how bad I feel. My husband is also sad for me and has been a star tonight. I will be asking questions to clarify everything in the future but only booked for one more physio to work on stride/gait with the senior guy. The following week is the OS so just not booking PT on the expectation that he will discharge me and not follow the paper trail about my PT. I am proud of how far I have come without having to feel like this!!
Been on ice almost non-stop for 24 hours :ice:

Arrrgghh when will those PT people realise that bridges do more damage than good!! Sorry you’ve had to deal with this but i’m sure a days icing will sort it out for you...

Sending Happy Birthday wishes
to you ... [emoji443][emoji443]Happy birthday to you.. Happy Birthday to you... Happy Birthday dear CarrieMay .. Happy Birthday to you [emoji255][emoji255][emoji255][emoji255][emoji255][emoji1635][emoji1635][emoji1635]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today's your birthday!
Happy Birthday to you! (Think Beatles!)

Stay on ice and have a peaceful Birthday, and I'm sure you will be back on track very soon.
Sending Good Mojo your way!:friends:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • sistersinhim
    Staff member since March 20, 2017
  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009
  • Layla