Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE

RTHR 7th May 2014 (glue, internal stitching only).
Day 9, after the steri-strips and dressing came off:

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
Here I am about a week post surgery:

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I recently had my total hip replacement on May 7, 2014. I have Cerebral Palsy in both of my legs and started having problems with my (R) hip at the age of 11. Doctors then told me I have Dysplasia of the hip. I finally broke down at the age of 35 and had it replaced.

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
Please note the title of this thread which is

Hippies scars - post your badges of honour here: no chit-chat please

Just a gentle reminder to everyone please :)
 
[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE


9" total in length. I think this picture was about 2 or 3 months post op. They also covered a scar by reusing it where the hip was previously operated on.
 
my scar at about 8 days post-op. heavy sigh! Am told it is 3.6" but looks bigger to me :)

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
Last edited by a moderator:
[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE

This is a pic of my right hip right after surgery. 4inch scar, I went home the same day, had dinner with my family, I was walking on crutches the same day. I took pain pills for two days and got rid of crutches after two days
I'm a 56 year old male 178lbs in good phys shape. My doctor is Doctor Dorr in Los Angeles.

Best regards,

R-
 
Here's my Badge of Honour at 6 days and at 6 weeks. It's about 10".

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE [Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a closeup of my “mini-posterior” surgical incisions six days postoperative. The left is 14 cm (5.5 inches) and right is 13 cm (5.1 inches).

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE


This second photo (9 days postoperative) shows folks where their posterior-approach scar(s) will sit on the body.

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
Update: my incision at four weeks. Size 3.5 inches

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Normal at 7 months? Too big for one picture, but it's a selfie.

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom