Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE

2&3 weeks out

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE


[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
hi there I'm new to this whole thing but I thought I'd share my pics from my surgery. I had my surgery on 8-18-14 so the first pic is from 8-19-14 when they changed my bandage.

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE



This picture is from 8-25-14 when they took the bandage off and said no bandage any more.

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE



and this last pic I took today on 9-9-14 so 3 weeks and a day after my surgery.

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
I don't want to scare anyone but here is my incision two days after surgery.

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE



And here it is now

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
Today is my Medacta hip's first birthday! I had an anterior RTHR done on 9/17/13.
It's been a good year! Quick recovery, back to work in 6 weeks, ran a marathon on an elliptical around 6 months post-surgery, and now I'm back to helping out coaching my 11 year old son's football team!

If you haven't had your hip done yet and are waiting.....don't! Get it done if you can, it will change your life ;-)

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE


Sent via carrier pigeon
 
Today is 5th day post-op after LTHR using anterior approach. 4½ inch scar

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
The first pic is my scar at 10 days post op

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE


the second is at 10 days with staples in

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE


The third is at 15 days, staples out

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE


As I usually "keloid scar" I'm rapt with it. The total length is about ten inches... my butt's not that big in reality (I'm a shorty) but you have to angle towards the camera to get the shot - TRULY
 
Tough act to follow but I'd like to add my honor pictures:

First hip immediately after surgery
[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE


[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE


And at 8 weeks
[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE


Second hip day 1
[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE


Day 13

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE


And lovely matched pair

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE




Sheryl from Pittsburgh
LTHR on 4/2/2014
Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
    ImageUploadedByBoneSmart Forum1414848035.660586.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 133
Last edited by a moderator:
And one more of femoral head that is typically removed that might be of some interest.
[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE



Sheryl from Pittsburgh
LTHR on 4/2/2014
Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Well, this stuff does not even gross me out anymore. My dads girlfriend could not stop raving about the clean cut. She is a nurse, and has apparently seen some really messy ones.

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
This is 13 days post-op. The itching ceased as soon as the 10-day dressing was removed. It doesn't hurt or anything, just looks freakish! :scaredycat:

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom